BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2010-01 > 1264775608

Subject: [BRE] Jacob Good
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 09:33:28 -0500

Suggest you contact Herb Good at the Good/Goode/Guth study group at
Roger Rhoads

------------------------------
Message: 2
ate: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 17:27:42 -0500
rom:
ubject: [BRE] denomination and parentage of the Jacob Good who came
with this group to Brothers Valley from then Frederick Co
o:
essage-ID: <>
ontent-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"; format=flowed
Bill Thomas:
I'm interested in determining the denomination and parentage of the
acob Good who came with this group from then Frederick Co. MD. He
as not the Brethren Rev. Jacob Good b. 1750, but instead a Jacob Good
. 1748, who purchased land there in Brothers Valley in 1771. He
emained there until his death, and his tombstone is still there. I
elieve he could have been Mennonite?
Richard

essage: 2
ate: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 14:35:35 -0500
rom: "William Thomas" <>
ubject: Re: [BRE] Two Centuries of BrothersValley - some of the info
o: <>
essage-ID: <>
ontent-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
I have my doubts that the Christian Speicher and Joseph Mishler noted
elow
ame from Pipe Creek. Both were Amish. Christian was married to the
ister
f Joseph, and Amish historian Virgil Miller states that Christian and
oseph came to Somerset County circa 1771 as part of an Amish migration
rom
erks County. Both had children that married children of the Amish John
iller, who lived near them in the Glades area of Somerset County.
A Jacob Speicher did die in Garrett County, MD. AAMG lists as
hristian's
rother with an "?" next to his name.
I should add that there are other Amish mistakenly identified as
rethren in
his book.
Bill Thomas

This thread: