BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2010-03 > 1268544202

From: sjc <>
Subject: Re: [BRE] Faith of our Fathers
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 00:23:27 -0500

On 3/13/2010 6:15 PM, gale honeyman wrote:
> A recently uncovered manuscript of the history of Pennsylvania by Samuel
> Smith tells of the persecution of the early Brethren in Europe for their
> pacifist beliefs.
The Martyr's Mirror, which was one of the early books printed and bound
at the Ephrata Cloisters in the 1780s, I believe it was, has many
stories about the horrific things that were suffered by the early
Anabaptists. It is still in print today and some very interesting
reading is to be had there. It runs some 1500 or so pages, more horror
than I could take in one dose.

SJ

This thread: