BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2011-08 > 1313948428

From: Dwayne Meyer <>
Subject: [BRE] Richard Walton Crane Creek NC
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 10:40:28 -0700 (PDT)

Born Place Rowan co. NC
Died Place 1837

Conrad Walton
4
Died Place 24 Nov 1811 Rowan county NC

Susanna Walton
5
Spouse Daniel Kern
Married Place 17 Jun 1803 Rowan county North Carolina

Daniel Walton
6
Born Place
msc1767 Rowan co. NC
Died Place bfr 27 Feb 1807 Rowan co. NC
Spouse Margaret Yost
Married Place 8 May 1792 Rowan co. NC

Family Group Record
Richard Walton
HUSBAND
>From Rowan Co, NC Tax Lists 1759-1787 for year 1759. (This list found between the walls of the old Court House by
Wm D. Kezziah, Register of Deeds. It was in at least 100 pieces but fitted together and transcribed by him. Its value is
the fact that it was made before Rowan was ever divided. It is also the oldest list ever found in Rowan. _Page 2
Henderson Walton, John Adams, Jacob Agender, John Adams (2 John Adams listed) _Page 3 George Smith, Peter
Keehn, Leonard Kern _Page 4 Conrad Michael, James Smith, David Smith, Casper Smith, Fred'k Smith _Yr 1761
Page 7 Hannery Walton _Page 9 Taxables in Michael Brown's Districk John Addams, George Smith, John Smith,
Richard Walton, Henry Agender, Petter Smith

Rowan County, North Carolina Tax Lists 1757-1800 Annotated Transcriptions by Jo White Linn - found in North
Carolina State Archives 1760 Rowan County Militia Lists (torn) _Capt. Michael 7 days @ 7/6 p Day ... Pds 2.12.6
_Anthony Salt 7 " 2/8 p day ... 0. 18.8 _Richd Walton 7 " 2/8 p day ... 0.18.8 _Peter Fite 7 " 2/8 p day ... 0.18.8
_George Lunsen 7 " 2/8 p day ... 0.18.8 _George Steekins 7 " 2/8 p day ... 0.18.8 _Christin Eader 7 " 2/8 p day ... 0.
18.8 _David Scratcher 7 " 2/8 p day ... 0.18.8 _Peter Sinion 7 " 2/8 p day ... 0.18.8 ____________________________
_______________ _9 men Pds 29..6..10
Rowan County, North Carolina Tax Lists 1757-1800 Annotated Transcriptions by Jo White Linn - found in North
Carolina State Archives - 1778 & 1789 Guards at the Salisbury District Gaol _Oct 25: Sheriff hired 2 men _John
Bone _DUNKERS _Caspar Miller Peter Goodman Conrod Carns George Smith Richard Walton _John James
James Hendricks Adam Carns John Houlton Daniel Capp

Rowan County, North Carolina Tax Lists 1757-1800 ISBN 0-918470-24-2 Jo White Linn
pages 52, 66, 166, 351
page 52
1761 Rowan County Tax List of Micheal Brown
Walton, Richard  Smith, Georg  Smith. John  Smith, Petter  Addams, John
page 66
1768 Rowan County Tax List of John Brandon  (South of Salisbury)
Richard Waldon  Conrrad Carron  John Carron
page 351
1798 Rowan County Tax List of Capt Jacob Fisher
Kirn Conrod: 283 A
Kirn John: 468 A 1wp
Kirn Semion: 113 A 1wp
Adams John: 229A 1wp
Wolton, Benj; 220 1wp
Wolton Richard: 520 A  4wp

Original Land Grants in the Irish and Trading Camp Settlements, 1747-62
pages 108-109  Carolina Cradle by Robert W Ramsey
shows tract 136 Richard Walton
page 107  A majority of the pioneers in the trading camp settlement migrated from the shores of Chesapeake Bay. ...
and probably Richard Walton
Richard Walton, a tanner, evidently originated from the Waltons of Somerset County Maryland, who settled there
before 1686. It is possible that Walton originated in Philidelphia. Carolina Cradle by Robert W Ramsey 1964 The
University of North Carolina Press: notes: pages 110-111  Maryland Testementary Proceedings, liber 37, folio 379;
Maryland Calendar of Wills, II,7.IV, 105; Rowan County Deeds III 369,IV 750; Land Grants VI, 164.

migration of Marylanders to North Carolina and South Carolina prior to 1800. Henry C Peden, Jr.
page 129
Walton
Richard Walton settled in the Trading Camp Settlement in western North Carolina sometime between 1750 and 1762. "
Richard Walton, a tanner, evidently originated from the Waltons of Somerset County Maryland, who settled there
before 1686. It is possible that Walton originated in Philidelphia" Carolina Cradle
As for Maryland, however, a Richard Wallton, of Somerset, was married and lived in Indian Cabin Neck, on the
seaboard side of the county, in 1686. Also, William Wallton died teste there in August, 1686, and John Walton died in
February, 1716/17, but neither mentioned a son Richard in his will.
Rowan County Register by Jo White Linn  included this note "Richard Walton is said to come from England. He was in
Salisbury, NC when General George Washington passed through and while shaking his hand said, i have shaken
hands with one king and now I am shaking hands with another."

The Granville District of North Carolina 1748-1763 Abstracts of Land Grants Vol. 3 1989  by Margaret Hofmann
page 82 S.S.L.G. 122-J 4711
Richard Walton is a  sworn chain carrier: for John Long gentlemen grant surveyed on 17 Sept 1756.

1790 Census of Rowan County North Carolina page 336
Richard Walton 51200
1800 Census of Rowan County North Carolina page 298
Richd Walton 10221/0010100
1810 Census of Rowan County North Carolina page 338
20102/01000

Abstracts of The Minutes of the Court of Pleas and Quarter Sessions Rowan County, North Carolina 1753-1762 by Jo
White Linn
II:420
The following  deeds from Henry McCulloh to:
Richd Walton for 320 acres 26 Dec 1761 prvd by Wm Giles  (Rowan County Deed Book 4:866-68
L22 5 shillings adj to George Bruner and Granville's line.
II:422
Richard Walton on  jury (not guilty verdict)
II:426
Richard Walton on  jury (guilty verdict)
II:429
Richard Walton on  jury (Pltf awarded damages)
Abstracts of the Minutes of the Court of Pleas and Quarter Sessions Rowan County, North Carolina 1775-1789 Vol III
by Jo White Linn 1982  ISBN 0-918470-13-7
4:58 Will of Peter Smith proved by ... Letters Testamentory issue to George Smith and Richard Walton upon the
Estate of Peter Smith dec'd, who were qualified according to law. page 1
4:174 NonJurors in Capt Little's district  George Silvertooth, Valentine Beefle, Micheal Swink jr, Leonard Barbrick,
Soloman Marfield, Gasper Miller, Conraid Corin, John Corin, Martin Ribley, Peter Fight, John Williams, Henery Virble,
Jacob Catgen, George Stoker, Micheal Stoker, Frederick Catgen, Joseph Eller, John Leaf, George Smith, James
Hendericks, Abraham Jacob, Melcher Eller, Henry Swink, Conrad Fight, John Agindir, Anthony Agender, David
Agender, Stophell Booe, Joseph Cokinou, Peter Goodman, Richard Walton, George Coldiron, David Cratzer, John
Catgen, William Ribley. 35 page 42-43

Henry McCulloh, a wealthy Englishman, living at Turnham Green, Essex, had acquired one hundred thousand acres
of land on the Yadkin River "and branches thereof" for speculative purposes from Granville in 1754. McCulloh's son
Henry Eustace McCulloh was sent from England in 1761 to act as land agent.
Henry McCullogh is the Progenitor of the Stamp Act.

Thodore S. Drage, reports from St. Luke’s Parish, Salisbury, February 28, 1771, as follows: "The Dissenters
countenance any fellow who will stand up and preach in any part of the Parish, but in their settlements in order to
distract and make confusion amongst the rest of the people. This under the name of Anabaptists and to what they in
part apply for under protection of Law, they have and do practice against the Laws which are in force at present,
marry of their own Justices and Itinerate preachers, bidding me defiance and paying no marriage Fees. The Courts of
Law are open to me, and the Penalty five pounds but they would represent me as litigious, and it might submit me to
peculiar insult" (Colonial Records, VIII. 505) .

Abstracts of the Deeds of Rowan County, North Carolina 1753-1785. by Jo White Linn
ISBN 0-918470-16-1
4:866  26 Dec 1761  McCulloh to Richard Walton, tanner, for L22.10 sterl, 320 A adj George Bruner & Granville's line.
Robt & John Rainey, Alexr Ford, Wm Giles. Prvd July court 1762.
7:456  16 March 1771  Conrod Carn/Kern, atty & heir to Conrod Micheal, & wife Mary Marlin (X) to Hugh Montgomery.
Richard Walton May 1772.
8:138  page 124  5 May 1774 Conrod Kern & wife Magdalene (X) tanner to John Kern.  Richard Walton Prvd May 1774
8:259  7 Feb 1775 page 129
George Smith & Richard Walton, Exrs of Peter Smith, to James Hendricks wheelright for L300 VA money, 349 A on
middle fork Crane creek adj Hermon Herdmon, James Carson & James Mitchel. granted by Granville to said Peter
Smith 23 Aug 1759. Samuel Miller, John Dunn. Prvd Feb court 1775
9:488  16 Oct 1781 page 169
Alexander Long & wife Susanna to Conrod Kern. Richard Walton Ack Aug court 1784

Abstracts of Deed Books 11-14 of Rowan County North Carolina 1786-1797
James W Klutz 1996 ISBN 0-9651941-0-8
Deed Book 13 page 419 25 Nov 1793
Thomas Troy and Micheal Troy, two of the sons and heirs of Matthew Troy, esq dec'd to Richard Walton for L30, 200
A on Crane creek adj Harmon Butner, this Grantee, George Smith, and the estate of Matthew Troy. Being part of a
400 A State grant to Matthew Troy, dec'd dated 20 dec 1791. Matthew Troy had agreed to convey this property to this
Grantee but died intestate before the title was passed. Now Walton had brought suit in September 1793 against these
two Grantors and their brother, Matthew, who is under the age of 21 years. The court decreed that the land be
conveyed by the two sons who are of age, and that the infant will do likewise within 12 months after he becomes of
age. Wit: Max chambers. Prvd by Chambers at Feb court 1794.
Deed Book 14 page 99 8 aug 1795
Adlai Osborn of Iredell Co. NC, commissioner and attorney for the university, to Edward Yarbrough for L30, 34 A on
North Fork of Crane creek adj Harmon Butner, Richard Walton, Bruner, and Robert Marlin. This land was confiscated
by the State from Henry E. McCulloch. Wit Hudson Hughes. Prvd by Hughes at Aug court 1795.

Abstracts of Deed Books 15-19 of Rowan County North Carolina 1797-1807
James W Klutz 1996 ISBN 0-9651941-1-6
Deed Book 19 page 302 24 April 1804
Richard Walton to his son John Walton for $1, 116 1/2 A on N fork of Crane creek adj Beard, Conrad Walton,
Peter Walton, and Benjamin Walton. Wit: David Woodson, Peter Walton, Conrad Walton. Ack at May court 1805
Deed Book 19 page 307 24 April 1805
Richard Walton to his son Benjamin Walton for $1, 119 A on middle fork of Crane creek adj John Walton, Daniel
Walton, and Fraley. Wit: David Woodson, Peter Walton, Conrad Walton. Ack at May court 1805

Book C page 312
C:312 Richard (X) Walton 23 November 1813, probated. Feb 1814. Old & weak. Son Peter to have old tract of 116
Acres whereon I now live adj. Jacob Smith, John Adams, and George Brunner, including my spring. Sons John and
Peter to have 116 Acres, adjacent Benjamin Walton, valued at $2.00 an acre and they pay my daughter Susanna and
the heirs of my two sons David and Benjamin so that they get the equivalent of the 116 acres. My daughter Susanna
Kern is to have the 150 acres where she now lived and &50.00 in cash. My 4 grandchildren who are the children of
Daniel Walton are to have 119 acres: they are Catherine, Joseph, and Margaret Walton and their mother is Margaret
Walton.
Exr son John Walton wit Jacob Smith, John H Swink

actual copy of Will
in the God Aman
I Richard Walton of North Carolina Rowan County being old and very weak in body, but of perfect mind and memory
thanks be to god for the same but calling unto mind the mortatily of my body, Do knowing that it is appointed for all
men once to die do make and ordain this my last will and testament that is to say first of all I give and Recemmand my
soul into the hands of almighty god that gave it and my body to the earth to be buried, And as taching such worldly
Estate wherewith has pleased god to bless me with in this life, I givedissmiss and despose of the same in the
following manner and form. first of all that my Just debts to be paid out of my personally estate. second, I give unto my
son Peter Walton the old tract of land  where on I now live adJoining Jacob smiths Line Into Adams and george
Bruners line Including my Spring where i now live This is one hundred and sixteen acres of land, Thirdly I give unto
my two sons Jn. & Peter Walton one hundred and sixteen acres of land Joining Benj Waltons line, at the sales of two
dollars the acre, and they are to pay an equal part to my daughter susanna Kern and to the heirs of my two sons
Daniel & Benj. Walton an equal share  Fourthly I give unto my four grand Children David Waltons a Tract of land one
hundred and nineteen acres, namily I say Catherine, Joseph and Margaret all to have an equal share
I also give margaret Walton their Mother the house during her life time Whereon she now lives Fifthly, I give unto my
Daughter susanna Kern one hundred and sixteen (acres of land:marked out) pounds in money Instaed of one hundred
and sixteen acres of lands, I have also given John and Benjamin Walton. Sixthly I givethem all an equal share Which
is last of my personally property, namely John & Peter Walton, susanna Kern, and to my two sons Heirs all equal
share and share alike. I also appoint my son John Walton my executor of this my last will and testament. In witness
where of I have set my hand and seal this 23rd of November in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and
thirteen.
                                       Richard X Walton
                                       (his mark)
Witness
Jacob G Smith jr
Hank H Swink jr
Rowan County  Febuary Term 1814
The within will was duly proven in Open Court by Jacob Smith and John H Swink- recorded and registered in Book C
page 312   Jn Giles

Revolutionary War Pay Voucher
State of North Carolina No 434
Rowan County
This may certify that as Commissionor of the co(hole) aforesaid I have purchased from Richard (hole)n
twenty eight bushels Oats for the use of the publick also one sheep weight forty six pounds & two hundred and twenty
one pounds of beef
at the prices of astained Spanish milled Dollars by a Resolution of Congress dated February 25th 1780 amounting in
the whole to Twenty Eight and three quarters Spanish milled Dollars which sum is to bear
Interest at SepsCenl untill paid agreeable to an Act of General Assembly in Such Case made
By me  H(hole) enth day of August 1781
(backside of Voucher)
Roan County
August 7th 1781 Paid of the within Certificate Twenty seven bushels one rack & three quarts of Oats It being in full of
his person Tax for the Year 1780
James (hole)
Richard Walton
L11.10
     2.14.5
   13.14.5
                 No 24
State of North Carolina
No 71
This may certify that by a board of Auditors for the District of Salisbury that Richard Walton was allowed two thousand
seven hundred and eight pounds for Sundrey Public claims which he is to receive agreeable to an act of the General
Assembly past at Halifax in February 1781 given under our hand this 24th day of May 1781 David Wilson
                                              Matthew Lock
By order Richard Trotter CBA
backside
This Sertificate in TAX for the year 1780
for C Keron
Joh Kern
R Walton
W Byleckey
AD Shafrits
Jacob Boreman Junr
Presented on the 30th day of September 1791 on loan to the United States and since Rejected
            W SKINNER COMMISS
Register Account
The United States of America
For Sundries Furnished the Miltia of North Carolina, Virginia and South Carolina as allowed by Wilson Cathey and
Harris Auditors Salisbury District in May 1781  and Report No 32
                                                        No. Currency
3691 Richard Walton for Oats  71     2708
Rowan County North Carolina Court of Pleas and Quarter Sessions 1815-1816 by June Clodfelter Watson
page 132
Tuesday 21 May 1816
Settlement of the Estate of Richard Walton filed.
page 148
May Session 1816
John Walton Exr of the Estate of Richard Walton decd
To amount of Estate as per Settlement filed    L520.8.3
By Vouchers Commissions & c                          L520.8.3

WIFE
Susanna Smith
Journel of the Genealogical Society of Rowan County North Carolina vol13 1999 number 4
Susanah married Richard Walton. She was born ca 1737 and died 1810/1813.
She was born April 8, 1739 in Pennsylvania, and died Bet. 1810 - 1813 in Rowan Co. NC
Historical Society of the Cocalico Valley Library, Ephrata, PA.
Lancaster Co., PA Birth records, 1723-1777:
Joh. Peter Schmidt, son of Peter Schmidt, born 8 Apr 1739, baptized 3 Jul 1739. Susanna Catarina Schmidt, daughter of Peter Schmidt, born 8 Apr 1739, baptized 3 Jul 1739

CHILD  1
Peter Walton
Marriages of Rowan County North Carolina 1753-1868 compiled by Brent Holcomb Genealogical Publishing Co. Inc
Baltimore Maryland 1981
Married Susannah Adams 18 Jan 1819 John Simmons Bondsman, Roberts Nanny wit,
Maried Susanna Hollebrook 16 Feb 1814 John Smith bondsman, Jno Giles C.C, wit__Children of Peter Walton and
Susannah Adams are:
*Benjamin Walton, born Abt. 1820 ; died Unknown. He married Sarah Walton Jun 28, 1847 in Rowan Co, signed by
John H. Hardie; born Abt. 1828; died Unknown.
*George S. Walton, born Aft. 1821; died Unknown.
1820 Census, Rowan Co, NC Salisbury_Page 28 Walton, Peter_Under 10 1; 10-16 1; 16-18 0; 16-26 0; 26-45 0; 45
and over 1
1840 Census Rowan county North Carolina page 21
Peter Walton
1 male 15<20
1 male 20<30
1 Male 60<70
Book K Page 80 The will of Peter Walton probated in February, 1849. _In the name of God aman, I, Peter Walton of
Rowan County in the State of North Carolina, being of perfect mind and memory, blessed be God, do this 26th of
January in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and forty eight make & publish this my last will and
Testament revoking all other (will or wills). In manner following that is to say, first, I give and bequath to my son
George S. Walton fifty-eight acres of lands Beginning at the south east corner thense running north sixty three chains
and twnty-five links to a pile of rocks ins Jacob Waltons line thence west six chains and sixty five links to an apple tree,
thense a sort of a south/west course between two springs that branch to be the line to where the old long us'd to cross
along or there abouts, thense west, thense south ??? to the outer line thense east to the beginning._The ballance of
my lands I give and bequeth unto my son Benjamin Walton also my personally property, my will is that neither of these
sell their lands to any strage person or persons whatever except one to the other or if they think proper to sell the
whole to act together and the money so acining? from the sale of the lands George S. Walton is to have the third of
the money, and Benja. two parts. My will too is that George S. Walton is to have the privilege of using water out of the
??? spring also this spring house he must have part of all kinds of fruits that my grow on Benjamin part of lands
provided he settle himself on his part of lands. Benjamin is to aid him in building so far as he reasonably can and to
live in peace while here in this vale of tears. I appoint both George and Benjamin Walton, my executors of this my last
will and Testament. In witness here of I have set my hande and (seal)._Witness Peter Walton {seal}_Rd
Walton_Benjm Walton_Rowan County Court, February Sessions 1849_I hereby certify that the within will of Peter
Walton decd was duly proven in open court by the oaths of Richard Walton and Benjamin Walton, they proving that
they were well acquainted with the hand writing of the said Peter Walton, and that the same and every part thereof is
in the hand writing of the said Peter Walton, and also that the said will was found among the valuable papers and
effects of the said Peter Walton. Recorded and registered in Book 15, Page 80. John H. Hardie, Clk
Rowan County North Carolina Court of Pleas and Quarter Sessions 1815-1816 by June Clodfelter Watson
page 58
John S Travis appointed Guardian to William & Silas Travis and he gave bond with Peter Walton and Henry C Kern in
L400

CHILD  2
Benjamin W. Walton
Marriages of Rowan County North Carolina 1753-1868 compiled by Brent Holcomb Genealogical Publishing Co. Inc
Baltimore Maryland 1981
Married Marthew Butner 16 Jan 1794 Willliam Butner bondsman, Jno Chambers wit
Children:
Harmon B.4 Walton, born Bef. 1794 in Rowan Co, North Carolina; died Abt. 1855 in Oak Grove, Tipton Co. TN.
Daniel Walton, born Abt. 1796; died Unknown.
Sarah (Sally) Walton, born Abt. 1797; died Unknown. She married Peter Adams Oct 17, 1816 in Rowan Co, signed by
Ezra Allemong.; died Unknown.
Harmon Butner Walton moved to Lincoln County, Tennessee around 1818 where he resided many years until moving
to McNairy County, Tennessee where he was living in 1830. In about 1831 he and his family moved toTipton County,
Tennessee and located near the Oak Grove community, west of Covington. It is reported that he and his sons laid out
and helped to construct the Randolph Road (now Highway 51 west).
Abstracts of Wills and Estates Records of Rowan County, North Carolina 1753-1805
and Tax Lists of 1759 and 1778
Jo White Linn 1980 ISBN 0-918470-03-X
page 60 D:160
Herman Butner 11 May 1795 prb. 1797  Davis Butner, son of Adam Butner decd. Grandson Herman Walton to have
L50 or 50 acres of my homeplace when he is 21 and L10 for schooling. Dau: Martha Walton and her husband
Benjamin Walton who are executors. Wit: John Barcley, Elizabeth (X) Bursell, T, (X) Bussack. Proved by Martha
Walton and Herman Brown
Indenture made the 24th of April in the year of our Lord One Thousand Eight Hundred & Five between Richard Walton
of the county of Rowan in the state of North Carolina of the one part, and Benjamin Walton, his son of the county of
Rowan and state of aforesaid of the other part: Witnesseth, that the said Richard Walton for and in consideration of
the sum of One Dollar to him in hand paid by the said Benjamin Walton the receipt whereof the said Richard Walton
doth hereby acknowledge, HATH given, granted, bargained and sold, aliened and confirmed, and the these presents
doth give, grant, bargain and sell, alien and confirm unto the said Benjamin Walton his heirs and assigns forever, all
that tract and parcel of LAND, situate, lying and being in the county of Rowan on the Middle fork of Crane Creek
beginning at a small ___ OAk and a black Jack in John Walton's line in the fork of the Creek and running thence along
Daniel Walton's line, South twenty five chains to a small hicory O and an ash. his corner thence east fourteen chains &
twenty five links to three small postokas, thence with his line again sount thirty seven chains and fifty links to a post
oak in Fraley's ?? line thence with his line West twenty four chains & twenty-five links to a small black jack oak thence
north sixty three chains & seventy five links crossing the creek again to a black oak saplininthe aforesaid John
Walton's line thence with his line east to the place of beginning containing in the whole one hundred and nineteen
acres of land----. continues on to include all the woods, ways, waters and water courses and all appurtenances on the
land, every part thereof, --- - - - to have and to hold - - - - in witness whereof the said Richard Walton hath hereunto
set his hand and affixed his seal the day and year first above written. Witnessed by David Woodson, Peter Walton
Conrad Walton. In May Sessions 1805 It is hereby certified that this deed was duly acknowledged in open Court,
recorded and indiced to be registered. __Aug. 1806 (Page 358): Administration on estate of deceased Benjamin
Walton granted John & Peter Walton who gave bond of 300 pounds with Edwd. Chambers and Alexr. Frohock.
__May Term 1815 Joseph Chambers, Peter Kern, Jacob Smith, Henry Kern & Adam Threat, together with William
Isaac Surveyor, tat as Commisioners to divide the land of Benjamin Walton between Herman Walton, Daniel Walton &
Sarah Walton. (This would be the land willed to them by Richard Walton)
Children:
Sarah Walton:
Abstracts of Deed Books 25-29 of Rowan County North Carolina 1818-1828
By James Klutz ISBN 0-9651941-5-9
page 103
Deed Book 27 page 356 23 March Peter Adams and wf Sarah of Lincoln Co TN to Peter Kern for $500, 108 A in Lot
#2 from the lands of Benjamin Walton decd adj Lot #1. On 23 Mar 1821. Recorded at Rowan Ct at Nov Ct 1822.
Marriages of Rowan County North Carolina 1753-1868 compilied by Brent Holcomb Genealogical Publishing Co. Inc
Baltimore Maryland 1981
Adams Peter & Sally Walton 17 Oct 1816 Ezra Allemong, bondsman
Abstracts of Deed Books 25-29 of Rowan County North Carolina 1818-1828
By James Klutz ISBN 0-9651941-5-9
page 49
Deed Book 26 19 Sep 1819 Harmon/Hermon B Walton of Lincoln Co TN to John Walton for $400, 119 A on both sides
of the middle fork of Crane Crk adj this Grantee, Daniel Walton and Fraley. Wit: Richard Walton, Robert M Clark,
Jonathan Barclay, Jonathan Tussey, Jacob Walton Prvd by Richard Walton at Feb Ct 1821.
Daniel (David) Walton
The three children of Benjamin Walton who had died before Richard Walton, inherited from their grandfather Richard
Walton their father's (Benjamin) share of Richard's property. They each received L51.79.
Abstracts of Deed Books 25-29 of Rowan County North Carolina 1818-1828
By James Klutz ISBN 0-9651941-5-9
page 107
Deed Book 27 page 420 23 Sep 1822 Daniel B Walton of Lincoln Co TN to Jacob Walton for $400, 108 A on both
sides of Crane Crk adj Harmon Butner's McCulloch grant, Lot #2, and Richard Walton. It had been allotted to this
Grantor in the division of Benjamin Walton's land. Wit: Chas Fisher Prvd by Fisher at Feb Ct 1823.
1800 Census of Rowan County North Carolina page 298
Benjamin Walton 20110/1001001
Rowan County North Carolina Court of Pleas and Quarter Sessions 1815-1816 by June Clodfelter Watson
page 39
Ordered by the Court that Joseph Chambers, Peter Kern, Jacob Smith, Henry Kern and Adam Strote, together with

William Moore as Surveyor, act as commissioners to devide the lands of Benjamin Walton between Herman Walton,
Daniel Walton and Sarah Walton heirs of Benjamin Walton dcd.
page 120
Tuesday 20 Feby 1816
Peter Walton Guardian for Daniel and Sarah Walton filed his annual account

CHILD  3
John Walton
Married Elizabeth who died in 1845.
Children:
Richard Walton, died Unknown. He married Peggy Adams Feb 23, 1813 in Rowan Co. NC Peter *Adams, bondsman;
Jno. Giles, Wit.; died Unknown.
Richard is listed in petition as son of John. He is NOT in Mr. Ramsey's records.
*William Walton, born Abt. 1788 in Rowan Co, NC; died Unknown.
*Jacob Walton, born Bet. 1790 - 1792; died Jan 12, 1850 in Rowan Co, NC.
*Jesse Wisner Walton, born Jun 20, 1797 in Rowan County, NC; died Nov 06, 1836 in Rowan County, NC.
*Mary M. Walton, born Aug 22, 1801 in Rowan Co. NC; died Sep 14, 1875 in Rowan Co. NC.
Children:
William Walton married Mary Hollsbaugh Dec 20, 1808 Bondsman George Holebaugh, Wit: Jno H Hardie
Book 33 Page 393: Dec 13, 1837, William Walton as administrator of deceased John Walton, sold publicly the
following negroes (John, Chary, Allick, Easter, Margaret, Hariet & Nancy to Elizabeth Walton for $3755.00 witnessed
by Richard Walton & acknowledged in Feb. 1837.
Book 33 page 393: Dec 15, 1837, Elizabeth Walton lets William Walton have the negroes (John, Easter, Margaret &
Harret) for $1901.00, witnessed by Richard Walton & proved by him in Feb. 1838.
Book 33 page 393: Dec 17, 1838, Elizabeth Walton lets William Walton have the negroes (Elick, Chary & Nancy) for
$1764.00, witnessed & proved by Richard Walton in Feb. 1838.
    Estate of Jacob Walton
Division of Estates page 62:  Aug. 29, 1850, the 533 1/2 acres of deceased Jacob Walton on Crane Creek is divided
returned to Nov. term of 1850 by Robert Bradshaw, Joel Reid, Samuel Peeler, Milas Arey & Jacob Cress, as follows'
being next Benjamin Walton, Georg S. Walton, crossing Crane Creek, Jesse Mahaly, Nathan Johnston, Isaac Kesler,
Peter Kern & ___ Powe.
Lot #1 of 78 1/2 acres is allotted to George A. Walton next Benjamin Walton, crossing the north fork of the creek & __
_Powe, valued at $275.00.
Lot #2 of 70 acres is allotted to Lewis A. Walton next ___ Powe, crossing the creek, Peter Kern, valued at $275.00.
Lot #3 of 75 acres allotted to PETER M.  WALTON is next Benjamin Walton, crossing middle fork of the creek, ___
Mahaly & George S. Walton, valued at $260.00.
Lot #4 of 77 acres allotted to Christina, wife of Charles Kluttz is next lot #1, crossing the creek & valued at $265.00.
Lot #5 of 77 acres is allotted to Henry A. Walton being valued at $200.00 & crossing the creek.
Lot #6 of 77 acres is allotted to Matilda wife of George W. Smith, crossing the creek & valued at $375.00.
Lot #7 is 79 acres is allotted to MILAS J. WALTON is next lot #1, crossing the creek next Nathan Johnston & Isaac
Kesler, valued at @285.00.
Marriage bonds: Christena Walton to Charles Kluttz March 25, 1841 signed by Moses Kluttz
Jesse Wisner Walton b June 20, 1797 Rowan co. NC d Nov 6 1836 in Rowan co NC
He married Sophia Brown April 19, 1815 in Bondsman Isaac Walton Witness George Dunn.  She was born December
28, 1795, and died October 6, 1851.
Marriage: April 19, 1815, Bondsman Isaac Walton Witness George Dunn
Records of Union Lutheran Church, Salisbury, NC
Walton File, McCubbins Papers, Salisbury Public Library:
1850 Census
Walton, Sophia   54  F  NC   200
  Benjamin F.    25  M NC
  Floro Virtus   22  F  NC
  Isabella S.    20  F  NC
  Richard        17  M NC    S
  Martin L.      14  M NC    S
Ketchie, Benjamin R.

Abstracts of Deed Books 25-29 of Rowan County North Carolina 1818-1828
By James Klutz ISBN 0-9651941-5-9 page 129
Deed Book 28 page 73 3 Nov 1824 Jesse Walton and wf Sophia to William Walton for $750, 4/5 of 2 undivided tracts
(1) 180 A on Crane Crk adj Jn Airey, Redwine, Jno Fraley and Jacob Brown and (2) 30 A adj Abraham Airey and
Henry Brown. It was part of the land that had belonged to Daniel Brown decd. Wit: John McCleland certified that
Sophia freely signed this deed and it was ack at Nov Ct 1824.
Mary M Walton b Aug 22 1801, Rowan co NC d Sept 14 1875 in Rowan co NC
She married Robert Ramsey April 17, 1834.
Richard Walton married Peggy Adams Feb 23 1813 (actual copy of bond)
Abstracts of Deed Books 25-29 of Rowan County North Carolina 1818-1828
By James Klutz ISBN 0-9651941-5-9 page 84
Deed Book 26 page 867 13 Nov 1821 Daniel Rough and wf rachel to Richard Walton for L70, 1/6 part of 150 1/2 A on
the North Fork of Crane Crk adj Jacob Smith, Jacob Travis, Henry C Kerr(n), Chambers, and John Adams. Rachel
Rough was one of the heirs of Daniel Smith decd the former owner of this land. Wit: J W Walton, Jesse W Walton
certified that Rachel Rough freely signed this deed and he proved the deed at Feb Ct 1822.
page 94
Deed Book 27 page 145 30 Nov 1821 James A Smith, Henry Smith, and Alexander F Smith to Richard Walton for
$350, 66 1/2 A that was 3/7 parts plus the Widow Catharine Smith's dower of 155 1/2 A on N fork of Crane Crk adj
Jacob Smith, Jacob Travis, Henry C Kern, Chambers and John Adams. Wit: J W Walton, Daniel Rough. Prvd by
Walton at Aug Ct 1822.
page 100
Deed Book 27 page 286  26 Oct 1822 george D Smith to Richard Walton for $70 his undivided 1/7 part of the estate
of his father Daniel Smith on Crane Crk Wit: Hy Giles Prvd by Henry Giles at Nov Ct 1812
page 137
Deed Book 28 page 45 23 Feb 1825 Sarah/Sally M Smith to Richard Walton for $70 all her interest in her father's land
on Crane Crk adj Henry C Kern and John Adams Sr  Wit: Samuel Reeves Prvd by Reeves at May Ct 1825
1800 Census of Rowan County North Carolina page 298
John Walton 22010/000100
Jacob Walton b 1790 d 1850
He married Susan Holebaugh March 7, 1812.  She was born 1790, and died 1839.
June 29, 1812, Date of marriage by Rowan Cty Marriage Bonds
Father: John Walton  b: ABT 1761 in Rowan County , North Carolina  Mother: Elizabeth     _Marriage 1 Susan
HOLLSBAUGH  b: ABT 1791 in North Carolina
Married: 7 MAR 1812 in Rowan County (later Davidson County), North Carolina
Children
Henry A. Walton  b: ABT 1813 in Rowan County (later Davidson County), North Carolina
Mathilda Walton  b: ABT 1815 in Rowan County (later Davidson County), North Carolina
Christine Walton  b: ABT 1823 in Rowan County (later Davidson County), North Carolina
George A. Walton   b: ABT 1825 in Rowan County (later Davidson County), North Carolina
Lewis A. Walton   b: ABT 1828 in Rowan County (later Davidson County), North Carolina
Milas J. Walton  b: 25 APR 1830 in Rowan County (later Davidson County), North Carolina
Peter M. Walton  b: 1 MAY 1834 in Rowan County (later Davidson County), North Carolina
Rowan County North Carolina Court of Pleas and Quarter Sessions 1815-1816 by June Clodfelter Watson
page 48
May 1815
Ordered by the Court that Jacob Smith act as Overseer of the road from John Long's ferry tp Leonard Krider's in the
place of Richard Walton.
page 18
Feby Sessions 1815
William Walton appointed by Constable who gave bond with jacob Lively and John Verble in L500 & he qualified.
page 72
August Session 1815
Ordered by the Court that ... William Walton, Act as patrolers in Capt Harris's Company.
page 97
November Session 1815
Ordered by the Court that ... William Walton, Act as patrolers in Capt Harris's Company.
page 117
Feby Session 1816
William walton appointed Constable who gave bond with Samuel Creson & Jacob Rusher in L500 & he qualified.
page 120
Feby 1816
George Holebroh to William Walton deed for 105 Acres land dated Feby 3 1816 prooven by Jacob Fisher

CHILD  4
Conrad Walton
Conrod's will was probated in Nov 1811, in the will he mentioned his sister-in-law Margaret Walton, in addition to the
other family members. He also identifies his brother in law Daniel Kern.
(actual copy of the will)
In the Name of God amam
I Conrad Walton of N. Carolina Rowan County Being in perfect mind and memory thanks be unto God Calling unto
mind the mortality of my Body and knowing that is appointed for all men once to Die to make and ordain this my Last
will and Testament-that is to say first of all I give and recommend my soul in to the hands of Almighty God that gave it
and my body to the Earth to be buried and as tuching Such worldly Estate where with it has pleased god to bless me
in this life I give Dismiss and Dispose of the Same in the following memirand form
First that all my just Debts to be paid. I also Give unto my Sister in law margaret walton twenty five pound for to Raize
her Children with & I want my Executors here after named to pay her twelve pound out of the twenty five Immediately
after my Death, the Rest of my Estate is to be divided in to five equal shares namely- John, Peter, Susana and my
brother Daniel and Benjamin Children, also the children amongst them Selves Shall have Equal Shares- and if one or
the other of the children should Die under age then it shall be given to their own brothers or sisters all Equally Divided
I also make and ordain my brotherJn Walton and brother in Law Daniel Kern my Executors of this my Last will and
Testament in Witness where of I have here unto set my hand and Seal this 28 Day of Jehanary 1807 CONRAD
WALTON
                    David Butner
(folded and on outside)
This my Last will and not to be opened until after my Death
David Butner is Witness in this will
Abstract of North Carolina Newspaper records - #4840 Walton -Died at his_plantation near Salisbury on the 24th ult.
Mr. Conrad Walton RM Tue 20_Dec 1811 3:3 (RM = Raleigh Monitor)

CHILD  5
-
Susanna Walton
Married Daniel Kern 17 Jan 1803
Children:
1. Daniel Kern, Jr born 1811 died 1877 married Eliza Thomas abt 1830. Their children were Obediah Kern, Edward
Kern, Mary, George W. Daniel III, Jacob, Susan, Jane L._2. John Kern. Married Patsy Smith in 1828_3. Richard
Kern born abt 1805. Married Esther Shinn 1827. She was born abt 1809 dief after 1849__C. 085.701.1 Rowan
County Tax List 1802 - 1804 _Cpt Lyarlys Co. 1802 _Kern Daniel Land 198 W 1 B - _Walton, John Land 182 W 1 B
- _Walton, John Land 100 W - B - _Walton, Benjamin Land 220 W 1 B - _Walton, Richard Land 320 W 2 B - __C.
085.701.1 Rowan County Tax List 1802-1804 _Cpt Cresons Co Book 1803 _Kern Daniel Land 270 W 1 B "
_Walton, Richard Land 320 W 2 B " _Walton, John Land 100 W 1 B " _Walton Benjamin Land 220 W 1 B "
_Walton Widow Land 100 W 1 B " __C.085.701.1 Rowan County Tax List 1802-1804 _Cpt Lyarly's Co Continued
1804 _Walton, Peter Land 320 W 2 B " _Walton, John Land 100 W 1 B " _Walton, Benjamin Land 220 W 1 B "
_Do Admin of D.W Land 108 W - B - __1810 Census, Rowan Co, NC _Daniel Kern _2 males under 10 1 male 26-
45 2 female under 10, 1 female 10-16, 1 female 16-26 __C.R. 085.916.1Rowan Co. - County Trustee's Account
Book _1813 Feb term during John Giles time in office as Clerk of Rowan County Court _Taxes & Fees due ab Feb
Term _John Walton & Daniel Kern EXERS $5.00

CHILD  6
Daniel Walton
Marriages of Rowan County North Carolina 1753-1868 compiled by Brent Holcomb Genealogical Publishing Co. Inc
Baltimore Maryland 1981
Walton Daniel & Margaret Yost 8 May 1792, George Smith bondsman, Chs Caudwell wit
actual copy of the marriage bond.
Daniel Kern, the husband of Susanna Walton, Daniel's sister, was the first guardian of the children of Daniel Walton.
His service ended in August and Henry C. Kern became guardian of the children May, 1810. Isaac Walton's
guardianship ended when he came of age, May, 1815.
Abstracts of Deed Books 20-24 of Rowan County North Carolina 1807-1818
By James Klutz ISBN 0-9651941-2-1 page 166
#2707 page 575 Daniel Walton dec'd devised 119 A to his heirs Isaac Walton, Catharina Walton, Joseph Walton, and
Margaret Walton. It was on both sides of the middle fork of Crane Crk adj John Walton, Benjamin Walton, and Fraley.
It was surveyed on 24 Apr 1805 and again 0n 21 Mar 1814 by David Woodson, surveyor. recorded at May Ct 1814.

Family Group Record
Husband
Joseph Walton Born Place 8 Oct 1798 Rowan co. NC
Died Place 25 Sep 1892 Washington co. Indiana
Buried Place Old Unity Cemetery, Posey Twnshp, Washington co Ind
Married Place 6 Mar 1821 Rowan Co. NC
Husband's father Daniel Walton
Husband's mother Margaret Yost
Wife Catherine Kerns
Born Place 6 Apr 1806 NC
Died Place 22 Mar 1861 Washington co. Indiana
Buried Place Old Unity Cemetery, Posey Twnshp, Washington co Ind
Wife's father Daniel Kern
Wife's mother Susanna Walton
Children
Susan Walton
1
Born Place 2 Nov 1824 Indiana
Died Place 23 Mar 1906 Indiana
Buried Place
Mill Creek Cem., Washington Twp., Washington co Ind

Martha A Walton
2
Born Place
6 May 1827 Indiana
Died Place 9 Sep 1898
Buried Place Old Unity Cemetery, Posey Twnsp, Washington co Ind

Daniel R Walton
3
Born Place Cal 1830 Indiana

Elizabeth Walton
4
Born Place Cal 1832 Indiana
Died Place 17 Apr 1885

John Wilson Walton
5
Born Place 6 May 1835
Died Place 14 Feb 1912 Vandalia, Fayette co. Ill.
Mary Ellen Walton

6
Born Place 28 Nov 1837 Indiana
Died Place 5 Jun 1905
Buried Place Old Unity Cemetery  Posey Twnshp Washington co  ind

Joseph P Walton
7
Born Place Cal 1840 Indiana
Died Place 2 Oct 1850 Washington county Indiana
Buried Place Old Unity Cemetery, Posey Twnshp, Washington

Margaret Walton
8
Born Place 21 Mar 1822 Rowan co NC
Died Place 19 Dec 1854
Spouse Lemuel Coulter
Married Place 9 Sep 1841 Washington co. Indiana

Family Group Record
Husband Joseph Walton
Wife Catherine Kerns
HUSBAND
Joseph Walton
Marriages of Rowan County North Carolina 1753-1868  compiled by Brent Holcomb Genealogical Publishing Co. Inc
Baltimore Maryland 1981
Married Catherine Kerns 6 March 1821 John Cooper bondsman, Hy Giles wit
actual copy of bond
Rowan County North Carolina Court of Pleas and Quarter Sessions 1815-1816 by June Clodfelter Watson
page 137
Thursday 23 May 1816
Henry C Kern, Guardian of Margaret Walton and Jesse Walton filed his annual account.
(sic Joseph).
Rowan County North Carolina Court of Pleas and Quarter Sessions 1817-1818  by June Clodfelter Watson
page 44
Friday 23rd May 1817
Henry C Kern Guardian of Margaret and Josey Walton filed his account current with his ward.
page 201
Saturday 21 Nov 1818
Henry C Kern Guardian of Joseph Walton filed his final settlement with his ward and exhibited his receipts:

U.S. IRS Tax Assessment Lists, 1862-1918  District 2; Annual Lists; 1865
Walton Joseph Posey Tsp Income excis  231 114 5% 5.65  5.65

1820 Census Rowan County North Carolina page 256
Walton Joseph
000100/00001
1 male 16 to 26
1 female 45 and over
1830 Census Washington county Indiana
Walton, Joseph page 303
1000100000000/21201001000
1 male under 5
1 male 20 and under 30
2 females under 5
1 female 5 and under 10
2 females 15 and under 20
1 female  20 and under 30
1 female 50 and under 60
1840 Census Washington county Vernon township  Indiana page 149
Walton, Joseph
1101001000000/20210100000
1 male under 5
1 male 5 and under 10
1 male 15 and under 20
1 male 40 and under 50
2 females under 5
2 females 10 and under 15
1 female 20 and under 30
1 female 30 and under 40
1850 census Vernon township Washington county Indiana page 449 #326
Joseph          no age   farmer   NC
Catherine       no age            NC
Martha          24                Ind
Daniel          20      farmer    Ind
Elizabeth       18                Ind
John            16                Ind
Mary            14                Ind
Joseph P        10                Ind
1860 Census Posey township Washington county Indiana #40
Joseph Walton   61   Farmer   3810/1650  N Carolina
Catharine       58                       N Carolina
David           29                       Indiana
Elizabeth       25                       Indiana
Mary            22                       Indiana
Joseph Coulter  14       Indiana   (is this the son of Margeret Walton
and Lemuel Coulter)

1870 Census Posey township Washington county Indiana #54
Walton Joseph     71   Farmer          5000/1100   North Carolina
Rawlins Henry     25   Farm Laborer       /1500    Indiana
Mary              31   Keeping House               Indiana
Joseph W           8                                Indiana
Susan L          5/12                              Indiana     jan
Combs Elizabeth 38    at home                      Indiana
Thomas          2                                  Indiana
1880 Census Posey township Washington county Indiana #149
Walton Joseph     82  wid.       retired farmer     NC/NC/NC
Elizabeth         40  dau.      keeping house       Ind/NC/NC
Mary              38  dau        keeping house      Ind/NC/NC
Rawlins William   18  grand son  farmer             Ind/Ind/Ind
Lilly             14  grand dau  K. H.              Ind/Ind/Ind
Daniel            10  grand son                     Ind/Ind/Ind
Combs Thomas   12  grand son                        Ind/Ind/Ind

Certificate # 2725 date 7 Julyt 1832 for 80 acres signed by President Andrew Jackson (actual owner copy)

W1/2SE sec28 township2-N Range 2-E 2ndPM state Indiana county Washington
Old Unity Cemetery is located on the Milltown road about 1/2 mile southeast of Hardinsburg, in the SE corner of NW 1/
4 of Section 14, T 1S, R2E, Posey township. At the site of the Old Regular Baptist Church, which is abandoned.
Cemeteries of Washington County, Indiana Posey Township, 1982 Revised edition 1991, Washington County
Historical Society, Salem indiana 47167. page 85
Joseph Walton b 8 Oct 1798 d 25 Sept 1892 Consort of Catherine.

WIFE
Catherine Kerns
Cemeteries of Washington County, Indiana Posey Township, 1982 Revised edition 1991, Washington County
Historical Society, Salem indiana 47167. page 85
Catherine Walton b 6 April 1806 d 22 March 1861 Wife of Joseph.
Father cannot be Leonard Kern Sr, John Kern Jr... died years before Catherine's birth.

John Kern Sr is to old. Peter Kern is not married until 1809.
Leonard Kerns jr''s estate settlement papers of 1834 show Catherine is not an heir.
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~waughtel/Indenture_Heirs_Leonard_Kerns.htm
This only leaves Daniel and the unknown John Kern of the 1830 census.

CHILD  1
Susan Walton
Married Adam Cauble Feb 5 1846 born 30 Jun 1828. He died 23 Nov 1882 and was buried in Mill Creek Cem.,
Washington Twp., Washington Co., Indiana.
Adam and Susan had the following children:
i Mary A.Cauble was born about 12 Jan 1847 d 20 Mar 1921 married 1sr William T Radcliff, 2nd 15 May 1915 Elisha
Newby. Kansas Cemetery, Posey Twnsp Washington co Ind (page 34)
ii Peter C. Cauble was born about 1849.
iii Joseph W. Cauble was born 15 Jun 1851. He died 27 Jan 1883 and was buried in Mill Creek Cem., Washington
Twp., Washington Co., Indiana.
iv Catherine E. Cauble was born about 1855.
v Daniel B. Cauble was born about 1861
vi Margaret E. Cauble was born about 1864 d 22 Aug 1936 Wife of Henry H Criswell buried Hardinsburg   Unity
Baptist Cemetery Posey Twnsp Washington co Ind
Washington County Indiana Washington township Cemeteries 3rd revised Edition
Mill Creek Cemetery, pages 323 Wash. Twp. Cemeteries
Cauble Susan born December 02 1824 died March 23 1906
Father Joseph Walton
Mother Catherine Keerns
Spouse Adam Cauble
Cauble Joseph W born June 15 1851 died January 27 1883
Father Adam Cauble
Mother Susan Cauble
Spouse Mary Radcliff
CHILD  2
Martha A Walton
Washington County, Indiana Posey Township, 1982 Revised edition 1991, Washington County Historical Society,
Salem indiana 47167.
Old Unity Cemetery
page 82 Lewis Agan b 6 aug 1820, d 14 April 1895. Age 74 years 8 months 8 days, Son of William and Mary (Conley)
Agan
page 82 Martha Agan b 6 May 1827 d 9 Sept 1898. Wife of Lewis A. Age 71 years 4 months 3 days. Daughter of
Joseph and Catherine Walton.
page 84. Joseph W Agan 28 June 1860 d 28 July 1860, son of Lewis A and Martha A.
page 121 James L Agan b 28 Nov 1866 d 25 Feb 1931 Son of Lewis and Martha (Walton) Agan. Hardinsburg Unity
Baptist Cemetery
page 122 John R B Agan b 22 Feb 1864 d 29 Aug 1939 Husband of Ella (Rawlings) Son of Lewis and Martha (Walton)
Agan.  Hardinsburg Unity Baptist Cemetery
page 12 Beecham Agan b 15 July 1870 d 11 Sept 1919 Single, Son of Lewis and Martha (Walton) Agan. Hardinsburg
Unity Baptist Cemetery
INDEX TO MARRIAGE RECORD WASHINGTON COUNTY 1850-1920 Volume II Letters M-Z
Walton Martha Lewis Agan W Nov 18 1858 G 51
1860 Census SouthEast township Orange county Indiana #311 page 573
Lewis Agan      40  farmer 2500/1000   ind
Martha          34                    ind
Mary            80                      NC
Louis Dirston   11                      ind
CHILD  4
Elizabeth Walton
Married Thomas Combs
CHILD  5
John Wilson Walton
John Wilson Walton, born May 06, 1835 in Washington Co., IN; died February 04, 1912 in Vandalia, IL; married
Margaret (Margery) J. Denton November 07, 1858 in Washington Co., In by Rev. Benking.
INDEX TO MARRIAGE RECORD WASHINGTON COUNTY 1850-1920 Volume II Letters M-Z
Walton John Margaret Denton W Nov 7 1858 G 47
1880 Census Bear Grove Fayette county Illinois # 147
Walton John      45  farmer        ind/NC/NC
Margaret         42 keepimg house  ind/tenn/ind
Catherine        20                ind/ind/ind
William          18                 ind/ind/ind
Silas            16                 ind/ind/ind
Charles          12                 ind/ind/ind
Willird          11                 ind/ind/ind
Miller Frank bil 28 farmer         ind/    /ohio
Children John Walton and Margaret Denton are:
M.C. Walton, born January 20, 1859; died February 13, 1886.
William K. Walton, born July 06, 1861; died 1929 in Vandalia, Fayette Co., IL.
Silas R. Walton, born August 21, 1863; died January 20, 1888.
Matt E. Walton, born August 05, 1867 in IN; died November 04, 1869.
Charles Adam Walton, born August 05, 1868;
Walton, Charles A.  Jones, MarthaJ. 8 Jun 1892 Fayette IL  Illinois Marriage Records, 1851-1900
Joseph Willard Walton, born October 30, 1869 in Crawford Co., IN; died December 11, 1934 in Vandalia, Fayette Co.,
IL; married Lucinda Jane Morton in Vandalia, Fayette Co., IL.
Walton, Joseph W. Spouse: Morton, Lucinda Marriage Date: 6 Jan 1892 County: Fayette State: IL  Illinois Marriage
Records, 1851-1900
P. E. Walton, born April 28, 1872; died January 20, 1876.
Josephine Miller Walton, born November 07, 1876.
CHILD  6
Mary Ellen Walton
INDEX TO MARRIAGE RECORD WASHINGTON COUNTY 1850-1920 Volume II Letters M-Z
Walton Mary Henry Rawlins W July 13 1861 G 210
Washington County, Indiana Posey Township, 1982 Revised edition 1991, Washington County Historical Society,
Salem indiana 47167. page 85
Henry G D Rawlings d 24 May 1874 age ca 31 years
Mary Ellen Rawlins b 28 Nov 1837 d 5 June 1905 Wife of Henry G.
CHILD  7
Joseph P Walton
Per 1850 census  10 year old male.
Cemeteries of Washington County Indiana Madison Township July 1997
Livonia Cemetery page 48
Walton Died Oct 2 1850 age 9 son of Joseph Old cem#14
CHILD  8
Margaret Walton
Coulter family Bible shows birth, marriage dates of Margaret.
Also shows the birth dates of all members of the Lemuel Coulter family.
Family Group Record
Husband Lemuel Coulter
Born Place 27 Mar 1820
Indiana Died Place aftr 1860
Married Place 9 Sep 1841 Washington co. Indiana
Other Spouse Amilda Moore
Married Place 16 Mar 1858 Lawrence county Indiana
Husband's father John M. Coulter
Husband's mother Sarah Sally (Elizabeth) Wible

Family Group Record
Husband
Daniel Walton
Born Place msc1767
Rowan co. NC Died Place bfr 27 Feb 1807
Rowan co. NC Married Place 8 May 1792 Rowan co. NC
Husband's father Richard Walton
Husband's mother Susanna Smith
Wife
Margaret Yost
Born Place Abt 1765
Died Place 1838 Washington co Indiana
Wife's father Jacob Yost
Wife's mother Mary  Troutman
Children
List each child in order of birth.
Isaac Walton
1
Born Place 1793
North Carolina
Spouse Unknown
Married Place
Catherine Walton
2
Born Place Abt 1796 North Carolina
Margaret Walton
3
Born Place Abt 1799 North Carolina
Joseph Walton
4
Born Place 8 Oct 1798 Rowan co. NC
Died Place 25 Sep 1892 Washington co. Indiana
Buried Place Old Unity Cemetery, Posey Twnshp, Washington co Ind
Spouse Catherine Kerns
Married Place 6 Mar 1821 Rowan Co. NC

Family Group Record
Husband
Daniel Walton
Wife
Margaret Yost
HUSBAND
Daniel Walton
Margaret Yost
Pennsylvania German pioneers Vol 1-2, 1934 Pennsylvania German Society, Strassburger, Ralph Beaver
List 44 A A List of Men Passengers of Sixteen Years of age & upwards Imported in the Ship Samuel, Hugh Percy,
Master from Rotterdam, Qualifieed August 30 1737.
Peter Yost age 16
1800 Census of Rowan County North Carolina page 298
Margret Walton 20000/010100
2 males under 10
1 female 10 and under 16
1 female 26 and under 45
1810 Census in Rowan County shows _Margaret Walton
1 male 10-16,
1 male 16-26,
2 females 10-16,
1 female 45-up
Abstracts of Deed Books 25-29 of Rowan County North Carolina 1818-1828
By James Klutz ISBN 0-9651941-5-9
page 111
Deed Book 27 page 494 1 Nov 1821 Margaret (X) Walton widow of Daniel Walton and her son Joseph (X) Walton to
Jacob Walton for $200, all their claim in 120 A on both sides of the middle Fork of Crane Crk adj John Walton, Daniel
Walton, Jacob Fisher, and John Trexler. It was 1/3 part devised to sd Margaret by Richard Walton Sr as her dower,
and Joseph's part an heir of Richard Wilson. Wit: J W Walton, Richard Walton. Prvd by J W Walton at May Ct 1825.
Page 137 and 138. Probate Court Minute Book C Washington County, Indiana Date 7 May 1838 - Probated 2 June
1838 _In execution as aforesaid on the 2nd day June 1838, the last will and testament of Margrett Walton, late of
said County deceased (whereof the annexed isa true copy) was this day filed in the Clerks office of said Court and
duly proven by the Oath of Isaac Jacobs one of the subscribing Witnesses thereto and admitted to Record. "I,
Margarett Walton of the State of Indiana, Washington County being perfect in mind and memory do make and
constitute this my last will and testament in the following manner. _Item 1. I will and bequeath all my household
furniture, bed and wearing appearal unto my Daughter Margarett Jacobs. I also will and bequeath unto Isaac Walton,
Joseph Walton, and my daughter Margarett Jacobs after paying Catherine Biles one dollar, all the ballance of moneys
owing unto me to be divided between the said Isaac Walton, Joseph Walton, and Margarett Jacobs in equal shares
after paying my burial expenses. The legacy left to my daughter Margarett Jacobs is especially for her own private use.
_I the aforesaid Margarett Walton do haby appoint my sons Isaac Walton and Joseph Walton my Executors to
execute this my last will agreeable to the full intent and meaning thereof, witness my hand and seal this 7th day of
May 1838.
Margarett (her mark) Walton __Isaac Jacobs _John McGill         Whereupon on the same day the said Isaac
Walton with James Maudlin his security executed and filed Bond in the sum of $200.00 and makes oath as such
executor according to Law and Administration of the Estate of said testatrix is granted him in due form of Law.
Test Wm H. Carter CK
Abstracts of Wills of Washington County Indiana 1808-1902
Abstracted and typed by Miss Lulie Davis page  28
Margaret Walton
May 7 1838 Probated June 2 1838
Recorded: Probate Court  Minute Book C page 37
Sons: Isaac and Joseph
Daughters: Margaret Jacobs: Catherine Biles
Executors: Sons Isaac and Joseph
Witnesses: Isaac Jacobs and John Megill
CHILD  1
Isaac Walton
Marriages of Rowan County North Carolina 1753-1868 compiled by Brent Holcomb Genealogical Publishing Co. Inc
Baltimore Maryland 1981
Harmon B. Walton married Betsey Bartley Sept 5, 1815, Bondsman Issac Walton,
Witness Jno Giles, C.C.
Walton Harmon & Betsey Bartley 5 Sept 1815  Isaac Walton bondsman Jno Giles C.C.wit
Walton Jesse & Sophia Broen 19 April 1815 Isaac Walton bondsman  Geo Dunn wit
1820 Census Washington County Indiana (29)
Isaac Walton
100010/10010
1 male under 10
1 male 26-45
1 female under 10
1 female 26-45
1830 Census Washington Co. IN (Not listed in the index but on the film) Pg 9 _Isaac Walton _Males 1 under 5; 1 5-
10 yrs; 1 10-15 yrs; 1 30-40 yrs _Females 2 under 5; 1 10-15 yrs; 1 30-40 yrs
1840 Wash Co. IN Vernon Township shows Isaac Walton
males 1 10-15; 1 15-20; 1 40-50 Females 1 under 5; 1 5-10; 1 10-15; 1 40-50
Abstracts of Deed Books 20-24 of Rowan County North Carolina 1807-1818
By James Klutz ISBN 0-9651941-2-1 page 30
page 518 3 Jan 1816 Isaac Walton to John Biles for $60, one fourth part of undivided 119 acres devised by Richard
Walton dec'd to heirs of Daniel Walton. It was adj John Walton and the heirs of Benjamin Walton. Wit: John Giles.
Prvd by Giles at Feb Ct 1816.
Probate Court Minute Book C Washington County, Indiana page 113
Tuesday May 14 1839
Isaac Walton Executor of Margaret Walton dcd files in Court an Account Current with said Estate and Vouchers No 1
to No 5 inclusive, amounting to $14.33 cts in discharge of all the outstanding Debts against said Estate and also
Distributive Vouchers No1 & No2 And the Last Will & Testament of Said decedant fully Executed as to all the heirs
excepting Catharine Biles, Who has not Received her portion, and to Whom the Said Executor is bound to pay One
Dollar when demanded Which when paid Will be in full of his Administration of the Said Estate and said Will fully
executed
CHILD  2
Catherine Walton
Marriages of Rowan County North Carolina 1753-1868 compiled by Brent Holcomb Genealogical Publishing Co. Inc
Baltimore Maryland 1981
John Biles & Caty Walton December 28 1814, Issac Walton bondsman, Jno Giles, wit.
Confirmation: Sept 20, 1852, Union Lutheran Church, Salisbury, NC
Abstracts of Deed Books 25-29 of Rowan County North Carolina 1818-1828
By James Klutz ISBN 0-9651941-5-9
page 113
Book 27, page 538: On July 31, 1822, John Biles of Wilson Co, Tennessee to Jacob Walton for $65, 1/4 of 119 acres
on south fork of Crane Creek (the same creek upon which D. Verble has a mill), It was adj the heirs of Benjamin
Walton and John Walton and had been devised by Richard Walton to the heirs of Daniel walton. Wit:Cha. Fisher,
Alexr Boyd Rvd by Cha Fisher at Feb Ct 1823. __John and Catherine Walton Biles moved to Hermitage Springs,
Tennessee.
John Biles b.ca.1775 Rowan Co., NC married Cathy Walton 28 Dec. 1814 in Rowan Co., NC. He was a son of Daniel
Biles and Jean Conger. Cathy (Catherine) was the daughter of Daniel Walton, who married Margaret Yost, 8 May
1792 Rowan Co., NC. John Biles and Cathy Walton moved first to Wilson Co., TN, then settled on Trace Creek in
Clay Jackson Co., TN.
Rowan County North Carolina Court of Pleas and Quarter Sessions 1815-1816 by June Clodfelter Watson
page 12
Friday 17 Feby 1815
Henry C Kern Guardian of Catherine Walton filed his settlement with his Ward
CHILD  3
Margaret Walton
Marriages of Rowan County North Carolina 1753-1868 compiled by Brent Holcomb Genealogical Publishing Co. Inc
Baltimore Maryland 1981 page 203
Jacobs James & Peggy Walton  21 Aug 1817 Joseph Walton bondsman Jno Giles wit__Father: James Jacobs
Mother: Margaret Walton
children
Harmon W Jacobs b: 8 Dec 1829 in IN
Issac Jacobs   Birth: Abt 1819 in NC Death: 21 Jan 1885 in Flora Clay County IL_Marriage 1 Abigail Abby Colclasure
b: 31 Jan 1824 in IN
Married: 8 Dec 1842 in Clay County IL
Children
James Jacobs
Charles Jacobs
William Jacobs
John Jacobs
Eliza Jacobs
Emma Jacobs
Jane Jacobs
Katherine Jacobs
Adeline Jacobs
Elizabeth Jacobs
Susan Jacobs
Abstracts of Deed Books 25-29 of Rowan County North Carolina 1818-1828
By James Klutz ISBN 0-9651941-5-9
page 77
Deed Book 26 page 743 James Jacobs and wf Margaret (X) to Jacob Walton for $60, their 1/4 part of 120 A on both
sides of the Middle Fork of Crane Crk adj John Walton, Daniel Walton, Jacob Fisher, and John Trexler. Margaret
Jacobs inherited this land from Richard Walton. Wit:-- Andrew Swicegood certified that Margaret Jacobs freely signed
this deed and it was acknowledged at Nov Ct 1821.
Rowan County North Carolina Court of Pleas and Quarter Sessions 1815-1816 by June Clodfelter Watson
page 137
Thursday 23 May 1816
Henry C Kern, Guardian of Margaret Walton and Jesse Walton filed his annual account.
(sic Joseph).
Rowan County North Carolina Court of Pleas and Quarter Sessions 1817-1818
June Clodfelter Watson
page 44
Friday 23 May 1817
Henry C Kern Guardian of Margaret and Josey Walton filed his account current with his ward:
page 96
Friday 21 Nov 1817
Henry C Kern guardian of Margaret Walton filed his account

CHILD  4
Joseph Walton

Family Group Record
Page 1 of 4
Husband
Isaac Walton Born Place 1793 North Carolina
Married Place
Husband's father Daniel Walton
Husband's mother Margaret Yost
Wife
Wife's father
Wife's mother
Children
Joseph Jr Walton
1
M Born Place 8 May 1819 Indiana
Died Place 23 Oct 1853
Washington co Indiana
Buried Place Mt Tabor Cemetery Washington co Ind

[...]
Children of , Nancy and Walton, Isaac_Walton _Walton, Mary Jane _Walton, Nancy A. She was born in 1838 in IN,
USA._Walton, Isaac . He was born about 1829 in Indiana._Walton._Walton, Elmodam. He was born on 1823-01-30
in Indiana._He died on 1869-10-25.
_Walton, Mary Jane._Mary Jane was the daughter of Walton, Isaac and , Nancy. She had a relationship with
Dillman, Samuel._Walton, Nancy A._Nancy A was born in 1838 in IN. Nancy A was the daughter of Walton, Isaac
and , Nancy. She had a relationship with Fender, Johnson._Walton, Isaac._Isaac was born about 1829 in Indiana.
Isaac was the son of Walton, Isaac and , Nancy. He had a relationship with Switzer, Cassandra._Children of Switzer,
Cassandra and Walton, Isaac_Walton, John H  He was born in 1856 in IL_Walton, Emily A . She was born about
1860 in IL._Walton, Elmodam._Elmodam was born on 1823-01-30 in Indiana. He died on 1869-10-25 at the age of
46 years. Elmodam was the son of Walton, Isaac and , Nancy. He married Wilson, Elizabeth in 1859 in Clay, IL. Also
married Daniels, Louise 1843-08-07 in Clay, IL._Children of Wilson, Elizabeth and Walton, Elmodam_Walton, Olive
(Ollie)  This person was born on 1868-05-26._Children of Daniels, Louise and Walton, Elmodam_Walton, John  He
was born on 1848-12-18._Walton, Mary Elizabeth   She was born on 1850-12-29._Walton, Basil He was born on
1853-11-09 in Illinois. He died on 1926-03-30._Walton, Levi . He was born on 1846-12-14 in Illinois._Walton,
Joseph L. He was born on 1844-12-26 in Illinois. He died on 1862-03-10

This thread: