BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2013-05 > 1367793579

From: Thomas Liby <>
Subject: Re: [BRE] First Brethren Families Project
Date: Sun, 5 May 2013 18:39:39 -0400 (EDT)

Tom Crago ( ), who is the Treasurer of FOBG and in charge of membership, is sending free pdf copies (a 10.0MB file as an e-mail attachment) of the 32-page Brethren Roots issue (Volume 43, No. 4 Fall 2012) which explains the project and provides forms, to all those expressing interest in FBFP. It notes that there are three groups: First Brethren Family Roots, for those tracing their family line back to the original eight baptized; First Century Brethren Roots, for those who can identify an ancestor with ties to a Brethren community before 1809; and Second Century Brethren Roots, for those with Brethren ancestry prior to 1909. Details are given in the quarterly journal.

Printed back issues are also available for those who would like a paper copy. Contact Tom about price and postage. All other back issues, a Table of Contents Index (1969-1997), and a couple of Surname Indexes packaged with a 2 CD Bundle (37 newsletters from 1969 to 1980) are also available to purchase.