BRIDGES-L Archives

Archiver > BRIDGES > 1998-01 > 0884215307

From: Ed Teer <>
Subject: Re: BRIDGES: NC,TN,TX
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 1998 17:21:47 -0600

These are my Bridges. I was wondering if you think their might be a connection
with yours:
Let me know what you think.....Twylla

Descendants of John Bridges

Generation No. 1

1. JOHN1 BRIDGES was born 1715-1720, and died 1788-1791 in Lincoln County, North
Carolina. He married MARGARET PERKINS, daughter of ELISHA SR. and MARGARET
SHERRILL.

Notes for JOHN BRIDGES:
John Bridges received a land grant of 405 acres on both sides of Balls Creek in
1762 at that time the land was in Rowan County, N.C.

Children of JOHN BRIDGES and MARGARET PERKINS are:
2. i. ELIZABETH2 BRIDGES, b. 1740, Lincoln County, North Carolina.
3. ii. NANCY "ANN" BRIDGES, b. Abt. 1755, North Carolina; d. January 1827, Lincoln
County (now Catawba County), North Carolina.
4. iii. DAVID BRIDGES, d. 1802-1807, Lincoln County, North Carolina.
iv. JOHN BRIDGES , JR.
5. v. WILLIAM BRIDGES.
6. vi. ELISHA BRIDGES, d. Aft. March 15, 1803, Lincoln County, North Carolina.
vii. PHILLIS BRIDGES, m. CHARLES WALKER.
viii. MARTHA BRIDGES, m. RICHARD PERKINS IV, Abt. 1774, Lincoln County, North
Carolina.
ix. CATHERINE BRIDGES, m. JAMES WALKER.

Generation No. 2

2. ELIZABETH2 BRIDGES (JOHN1) was born 1740 in Lincoln County, North Carolina.
She married (1) HENRY HILL. She married (2) PETER LOWRANCE April 10, 1764 in
Rowan County, North Carolina, son of ALEXANDER (LORENTZ) and MARY EVELAND.

Notes for PETER LOWRANCE:
In his Will dated August 24, 1772 in Rowan County, North Carolina he named his
wife and a Brother-in-law John Perkins. He at one time owned over 700 acres of
land along Lyles Creek.

Children of ELIZABETH BRIDGES and PETER LOWRANCE are:
7. i. ISAAC "TANNER"3 LOWRANCE, b. Abt. 1771, Lincoln County, North Carolina; d.
July 18, 1843, Catawba County, Claremont, North Carolina.
8. ii. DANIEL LOWRANCE, b. 1765, Rowan County, North Carolina; d. Bef. 1830,
McNairy County, Tennessee.
9. iii. ABRAHAM LOWRANCE, b. 1767, Rowan County, North Carolina; d. 1857-1861,
McNairy County, Tennessee.
iv. JACOB LOWRANCE, b. 1768, Rowan County, North Carolina; d. 1830; m. BETSEY
FRISSET, August 10, 1797, Lincoln County, North Carolina.

3. NANCY "ANN"2 BRIDGES (JOHN1) was born Abt. 1755 in North Carolina, and died
January 1827 in Lincoln County (now Catawba County), North Carolina. She married
BALTHAZAR "BALSER" KALE Abt. 1774 in Rowan County (now Catawba County), North
Carolina, son of JOHANN (KELL) and MARIA RUNCKLE.

Notes for BALTHAZAR "BALSER" KALE:
The information on the death dates were taken from an Old Family Bible.
Balthazar is a named taken from the bible. It was one of the names of the three
wise men, Bathazar,
Melchior and Caspar).

Last Will and Testament of Balser Kale

In the name of God Amen: I, Balser Kale of the county of Lincoln and State of
North Carolina, farmer,
being sick and weak in body but in perfect mind and memory, thanks be given to
God, calling unto mind the mortality of my body and knowing that it is appointed
for all men to die, do make and ordain this my last will and testament, that is to
say, principally and first of all I give and recommend my soul unto the hands of
Almighty God that gave it. And my body I recommend to the earth to be buried in a
decent Chritian burial at the discretion of my executor. Nothing doubting at the
general resurrection I shall receive the same again by the mighty power of God and
as touching such worldly estate wherewith it has pleased God to bless me in this
life. I give devise and dispose of in the following manner and form.

That is to say in the first place that all my just debts be paid and the
balance of my property to be disposed of in the following manner, To my eldest
son Elisha Kale, I give and bequeath one negro boy named Hyram, one horse named
Dick, and gears and cross cut saw, brass kettle, one ax and madix, tow ploughs,
bear sheer and shovel, I give and bequeath unto my daughter Margaret West, wife of
Ephriam West, fifty dollars, I give and bequeath to my daughter Sarah Fish, wife
of William Fish, fifty
dollars, I give and bequeath to Elizabeth Fish, the wife of Issac Fish, fifty
dollars, I give and bequeath to my daughter Ann Edwards, the wife of Charles
Edwards, one tract or pacel of land supposed to contain 170 acres joining my son
ephriam which she now has in possession also two beds and furniture, which she has
received, Also I give her daughter Eliza one bed and twenty dollars also to her
daughter Lisinda, twenty dollars to be paid to them when they become of age, I
give and bequeath to my daughter Russy Lowrance, the wife of Eveland Lowrance, one
negro girl named Vina that she now has, one cow and one steer, I give and bequeath
to my son Ephriam the rest and residue of my estate both real and personal to his
heirs and assigns, and forever.

And I do make constitute and appoint the a foresaid Ephriam Kale to be my
executor of this my last will and testament disallowing and disannuling and making
void all other will or wills by me made heretofore ratifying and confirming this
my last will and testament. In witness I the said Balser Kale have hereunto set my
hand and affixed my seal this the twenty first day of February eighteen hundred
and thirty one.

His

Balser X Kale Seal

Mark

Signed sealed and delived by the testator for his last will and testament in the
presence of us who were present.

Isaac Wicoff
Witnesses } James
Bridges

Alfred Bridges

Children of NANCY BRIDGES and BALTHAZAR KALE are:
10. i. RUEY " RUSSY "3 KALE, b. December 19, 1800, Catawba County, North Carolina;
d. June 05, 1892, Alexander County, North Carolina.
11. ii. ELISHA KALE, b. Abt. 1775, Catawba County, North Carolina; d. 1784.
iii. MARGARET KALE, b. Abt. 1780, Catawba County, North Carolina; m. EPHRAIM
WEST, November 08, 1802, Lincoln County, North Carolina.
12. iv. SARAH NANCY KALE, b. August 05, 1781, Lincoln County (now Catawba County),
North Carolina; d. April 09, 1836, Lawrence County, Bedford, Indiana.
13. v. ELIZABETH KALE, b. Abt. 1785, Catawba County, North Carolina; d. November
08, 1871, Indiana.
vi. ANN KALE, b. Abt. 1785, Catawba County, North Carolina; m. CHARLES EDWARDS,
April 15, 1830, Lincoln County, North Carolina.
14. vii. J.E.EPHRAIM KALE, b. June 22, 1787, Lincoln County,(Catawba County) North
Carolina; d. July 1853, Catawba County, North Carolina.

4. DAVID2 BRIDGES (JOHN1) died 1802-1807 in Lincoln County, North Carolina. He
married MARTHA.

Notes for DAVID BRIDGES:
His will was dated September 1, 1802 and Probated April 1807.

Children of DAVID BRIDGES and MARTHA are:
i. DAVID3 BRIDGES , JR..
ii. ANNA BRIDGES, m. HUGH FOX.
iii. SARETHA BRIDGES, m. (1) ? WORRIN; m. (2) ? GREEN.
iv. SUSANNA BRIDGES, b. Abt. 1774, Lincoln Couty, North Carolina; d. Abt. 1850;
m. MOSES FOX.
v. MOLLY BRIDGES.
15. vi. MARTHA BRIDGES.

5. WILLIAM2 BRIDGES (JOHN1).

Children of WILLIAM BRIDGES are:
i. JOHN3 BRIDGES.
ii. WILLIAM BRIDGES , JR..
iii. SOLLOMAN BRIDGES.
iv. JESSEY BRIDGES.
v. BENJAMIN BRIDGES.
vi. EPHRAIM BRIDGES.

6. ELISHA2 BRIDGES (JOHN1) died Aft. March 15, 1803 in Lincoln County, North
Carolina. He married SARAH.

Children of ELISHA BRIDGES and SARAH are:
i. JOHN3 BRIDGES.
ii. JAMES BRIDGES.
iii. ELISHA BRIDGES, m. ANNE DRUM, December 12, 1817, North Carolina.
iv. ALFRED BRIDGES, m. SALLEY NEILL, July 27, 1822, North Carolina.

JFBRIDGES wrote:

> Greetings; Glad to see a BRIDGES list.
> My known line is:
> Elisha BRIDGES, born ca 1804, Lincoln(?) NC (source 1850 census)
> Married 12 Dec 1844, Franklin Co., TN (Have record)
> Spouse: Sina VANZANT born abt 1822, TN; died after 1880, Cherokee Co., TX
> 1F = Francis (Fannie) BRIDGES, born abt 1845, TN
> 2M = Neri BRIDGES, born 1847, TN (My line, see below)
> 3M = John BRIDGES, born 1850, TN
> 4M = Abraham (Abe) BRIDGES, born 17 Dec 1851, TN; died 12 Aug 1893, Cherokee
> Co., TX; buried Taylor Cem, Gallatin, TX
> 5F = Jane E. BRIDGES, born abt 1854, TN
> ********
> Neri BRIDGES, born 1847, TN; died17 Aug 1887, Gallatin, Cherokee Co., TX;
> Buried Taylor Cem, Gallatin, TX
> Married 2 Oct 1875, Cherokee Co., TX
> Spouse: Brancey (Brancie) Ann DAVIS, born 11 Oct 1845, Alabama; died 6
> Jan 1934, Gallatin, Cherokee Co., TX, Buried Piney Grove Cem, Gallatin, TX
> 1M = Wylie BRIDGES, born abt 1877, Gallatin, Cherokee Co., TX
> 2M = James Rankin BRIDGES, born 10 Nov 1879, Gallatin, Cherokee Co., TX
> 3F = Lydia BRIDGES, born 9 Jul 1880, Gallatin, Cherokee Co., TX
> 4M = Andrew (Bud) BRIDGES, born 9 Mar 1882, Gallatin, Cherokee Co., TX
> 5M = Arthur BRIDGES, born Dec 1883, Gallatin, Cherokee Co., TX
> 6M - William Franklin BRIDGES, born 31 Jan 1886, Gallatin, Cherokee Co., TX
> (My Grandfather)
>
> <_><_><_><_><_>
> John F. Bridges, Tampa, FL
> Working on :
> B. C/G. ACKER - TX 1880?
> Elisha BRIDGES - NC/TN/TX 1804-?
> Mary (Polly) BROYLES - AL 1798-?
> Wiley DAVIS - AL 1796-1820
> Lewis B RODGERS - MS/TX 1859-1938
> Anna Caroline SCURLOCK - TN 1821-1849
> Other Surnames
> BLOW - GILCHRIST - KING - LANGFORD - LITTLE -
> OLIPHANT - RAINWATER - URBAN - WEST

This thread: