BRISTOL_AND_DISTRICT-L Archives

Archiver > BRISTOL_AND_DISTRICT > 2007-10 > 1191365131

From: "Dave Napier" <>
Subject: Re: [B&D] Recommended books about BRISTOL
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 23:45:31 +0100

My recommendations are:

Annals of Bristol by John Latimer - originally published around 1900 but a
reprint was put out by the Kingsmead Press in 1970 in 3 Volumes. : A
scholarly report and analysis of 16th 17th 18th and 19th Century Bristol
from archives available.

Bristol at War by C.M. MacInnes - published by Museum Press Limited 1962:
The story of how Bristol suffered and survived WW2 - including local
material including its civil defence organisation.

Any Reece Winstone Books you can get hold of - for photographs of 19th,
20th century Bristol

Regards

Dave