BRISTOL_AND_DISTRICT-L Archives

Archiver > BRISTOL_AND_DISTRICT > 2007-10 > 1191856789

From: Josephine Jeremiah <>
Subject: Re: [B&D] Shipping lines operating out of Bristol
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 16:35:31 +0100

On 06 Oct, Charani <> wrote:
> Does anyone know which shipping lines operated from Bristol Docks
> around the early part of the 20th century or know where I'd be likely
> to find out, please?

Hi Charani,

The Bristol City Line Fleet had ten steamships trading to New York at the
beginning of the 20th century.

> A search of P+O's records at the Maritime Museum in London confirmed
> Henry Graham HELPS didn't work for them.

I looked in the crew lists for ships leaving Bristol 1901, 1906 and 1911,
but the only HELPS recorded was Thomas HELPS, 33 years old, born in
Bristol, who was a Fireman on the 'Boston City' in August 1901.

Josephine

--
Josephine's Books, Ian's Pages, The Clutton 'Do' and
the Glamorganshire Canal.

This thread: