BRISTOL_AND_DISTRICT-L Archives

Archiver > BRISTOL_AND_DISTRICT > 2007-10 > 1191956946

From: Charani <>
Subject: Re: [B&D] Shipping lines operating out of Bristol
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2007 20:11:30 +0100

Josephine Jeremiah wrote:

> The Bristol City Line Fleet had ten steamships trading to New York at the
> beginning of the 20th century.
>
> I looked in the crew lists for ships leaving Bristol 1901, 1906 and 1911,
> but the only HELPS recorded was Thomas HELPS, 33 years old, born in
> Bristol, who was a Fireman on the 'Boston City' in August 1901.

Thanks for that information and for the look up. I think Thomas is
must be Tom Jesse. He was registered in Clifton, Mar qtr 1867 and is
the only one to fit the bill. I'll have to get his birth certificate
(postal strikes permitting) to see where he fits in because I don't
have a Tom or a Thomas in my HELPS database.
--
Charani (UK)
OPC for Walton, SOM

This thread: