Archiver > BRISTOL_AND_DISTRICT > 2007-11 > 1194368186

From: "Chris Jefferies" <>
Subject: Re: [B&D] Quiet on the list,what is everyone doing family-history wise?
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 16:56:26 -0000

For the last month or so I have been trawling through my family tree looking
for people who I have not got all census details for. The list currently
stands at about 160 items. I did a similar thing two years ago and took out
a month's subscription to Ancestry and downloaded over 100 pages. However
last time the 1841 census was not available so that is where a lot of the
work is.

Some of those on the new list were missing last time, possible because they
died or emigrated or were just badly transcribed. One person I knew exactly
where he was as I found him on the microfilm and transcribed his entry many
years ago but wanted the film image. I spent hours searching using every
possible variation of name for him and his family but found nothing. I
posted all the info about the family on an email list and someone found it
within an hour. I think the first letter of the surname had been incorrectly

I was just about to take out a month subscription to Ancestry when I saw
that they are offering 3 days full access for FREE. There is no way I can do
all I want in three days so will do the three days this week then take out
the month subscription later to finish things off.

Chris Jefferies

This thread: