BRISTOL_AND_DISTRICT-L Archives

Archiver > BRISTOL_AND_DISTRICT > 2007-11 > 1195321901

From: "Polly Rubery" <>
Subject: Re: [B&D] Folding certificates
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 17:51:41 -0000

Hi David

I think that is down to a mis-direction of your letter somewhere along the
line within the postal system causing it to be put back in the postal system
in France. This would also account for the length of time it took to reach
you.

Living in Herefordshire I often get letters which have been "re-posted" in
Hertfordshire or sometimes even more exotic places but so far none of my GRO
certificates have gone astray like that.

I have to say I would rather have my certificates folded once instead of
flapping around unsupported in a larger envelope when they often get
crumpled up in all directions and sometimes even torn.

I ordered three certificates online last week and they all arrived in one
envelope this week, so it does vary.
Kind regards
Polly