BRISTOL_AND_DISTRICT-L Archives

Archiver > BRISTOL_AND_DISTRICT > 2008-02 > 1202255636

From: "sylvia" <>
Subject: Re: [B&D] FOOD FOR BRITAIN - Flour bags etc;
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 23:53:56 -0000

I was told that my layette was made from a parachute that my Uncle Ken,
"aquired" and my baby shawl, which I still have 65 years later was a Welsh
Wool, brown and beige with long fringe, for which, my Granddad used all his
clothing coupons and borrowed from his friends, to be paid back in
installments later, He would be chuffed to know that I still use it and all
my children and grandchildren have been carried "Welsh-fashion in it!

Sylvia from Penarth(Wales)