BRISTOL_AND_DISTRICT-L Archives

Archiver > BRISTOL_AND_DISTRICT > 2008-05 > 1210369251

From: "Liz" <>
Subject: Re: [B&D] Lost HACKETT children in 1901
Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 22:40:51 +0100

Thank you Sandra. I was wondering if Mary might be Kate? There was no Mary
living with the family in 1891. Kate was born in Ireland and Mary is said
to have been born in Bristol.

As for Patrick age 6 and Thomas age 9...these could very well be new
children for them born after the 1891 census because the father was
Thomas...and Patrick is a good Irish name! I've now found Margaret has
died.

Poor little family - the mother, Bridget died in 1902 and their father died
in 1907. Thomas Sr. had a sister but she was already a widow and struggling
to bring up 4 children of her own.

I am still wondering if that Mary is Kate...whichever...they probably didn't
have enough money to register her but with their strong Irish accent she
could be anywhere!!

Cheers
LIZ
www.btinternet.com/~e.newbery