BRISTOL_AND_DISTRICT-L Archives

Archiver > BRISTOL_AND_DISTRICT > 2008-05 > 1211816630

From: "Andy Phillips" <>
Subject: Re: [B&D] FILER or FYLER Dundry c.1829
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 16:43:50 +0100

Hi Liz,

I have Anne (baptised Nance) FYLER in my tree. She was christened in January
1791 in Congresbury and her father, according to her (second) marriage
certificate in 1854 was Richard. I have found a possible Richard who married
Mary Gray in Wrington in 1773 but so far no definite proof. There is also a
Richard FILER christened in Blagdon 1750, the son of John FILER and Susannah
SAVAGE, possibly one and the same Richard.

Anne FILER/FYLER's first husband was James BRIMBLE (1790-1839) and they
lived in Chew Magna where there are several other FILERs although as yet I
have been unable to link them with Anne.

Andy