BRISTOL_AND_DISTRICT-L Archives

Archiver > BRISTOL_AND_DISTRICT > 2008-07 > 1215043975

From: "IAN LOGAN" <>
Subject: Re: [B&D] Hester HOPKINS nee BRITTON later SHEPPARD
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 01:12:55 +0100

Millie

There is a large BRITTON family in St Georges, Bristol in 1841 and 1851
census headed by ANN a widow. Two sons are coalminers and I am fairly sure
this ANN is the widow of your ARTHUR BRITTON. There are quite a few children
of ARTHUR BRITTON/BRITTEN/BRITTAN and ANN in the IGI - all baptrised St
Georges, Bristol beginning with AARON bap 17 Jul 1814 and including HESTER
BRITTON bap 4 Apr 1819. But many of these entries are by LDS members so may
not be 100% reliable.

Suggest you search the IGI for all the children listed as part of this
family on the 1841 and 1851 census, using the surname variants
BRITTON/BRITTEN/BRITTAN.

Cheers

Ian L