BRISTOL_AND_DISTRICT-L Archives

Archiver > BRISTOL_AND_DISTRICT > 2011-03 > 1301054435

From: "Polly Rubery" <>
Subject: Re: [B&D] Henry Charles Eyles
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 12:00:35 -0000

Glen wrote:

>>This suggests to me that Henry's mother was Annie and she was either
>>previously
married or had Henry illegitimately, then subsequently married Thomas
Parker.

Next step: FreeBMD has the likely marriage at Bristol in the June qtr of
1879 of THOMAS
PARKER and ANNIE ISLES [sic] (vol 6a page 69). It's possibly worth getting
that
certificate to discover who Annie was and whether ISLES was her maiden name
or a
previously married name.<<

And from the New FS website:

Thomas Parker
Event: Marriage
Event Date: 05 May 1879
Event Place: Abbots Leigh (Holy Trinity), Somersetshire, England
Gender: Male
Age:
Christening Date:
Marriage Date:
Marital Status: Widowed
Burial Date:
Father: Isaac Parker
Mother:
Spouse: Annie Isles
Spouse's Marital Status: Widowed
Spouse's Father: James Davis

Film Number: 4225689

and while we know that the parish is most likely wrong at least it proves
that Annie was a widow when she married Thomas PARKER.

also from FreeBMD:

Birth 1870 Mar ILES Henry Alfred Clifton 6a 97

a possible birth?

Polly

This thread: