BRITISH-JEWRY-L Archives

Archiver > BRITISH-JEWRY > 2002-01 > 1011099606

From: <>
Subject: [British Jewry] Potato floor cake
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 13:00:06 -0000

Hi Sherry:

I suppose I should post my genealogy query first, but I just copied this
recipe to a friend anyhow:
This is easy to make, cheap and quick and the children love it.
Very useful for making a quick dessert too with some icecream and
fruit/jelly juice on top.
Randi

200 g sugar to be creamed with
3 eggs.
Then add the sifted
200 g Potato flour with
1 teaspoon Vanilla sugar and
1/2 teaspoon baking powder; alternately with
200 g melted butter.

I find it works best if you add most of the flour before you try to add
any butter at all. The only difficulty I have come across is when the
eggs are on the large side, then you should perhaps add a little more
flour. The mixture should be nearly "pouring-texture - a little thicker
than pancake mixture or Yorkshire Pud mixture. Use a greased/floured
form cooking at 225 deg.F for approx 40 minutes. Leave to cool for 10
mins in form.

Randi
Keep Smiling! :)

Randi Lien Evans