BRITISH-JEWRY-L Archives

Archiver > BRITISH-JEWRY > 2006-03 > 1141854522

From: "Miriam Pollak" <>
Subject: RE: [British Jewry] Re: JC Archives searches
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 08:48:42 +1100

In Australia - The State Library of Victoria has from 1841 to 1919 on
microfilm and from then onwards in hard copy (however you need special
permission to access them). The State Library of New South Wales has a few
hard copies but mainly from 1908 to 1922. The National Library of Australia
has a full run on microfilm, but they are not in very good condition.

I hope that this helps those of us here in Australia.

Regards,

Miriam Pollak
warm and sunny and probably hot - Sydney

>Subject: [British Jewry] Re: JC Archives searches Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006
>12:13:53 EST
>

>Very interesting!
>
>Anyone know of any other locations throughout the world?
>
>Jonny Joseph
>Los Angeles, California
>
>Researching JOSEPH (Was KUCZYNSKI) and GREENBERG (Later GREEN) - Leeds,
>Yorkshire
>

>In a message dated 3/8/2006 6:00:44 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
> writes:

>Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 12:17:29 +0200
>From: "Sharon Avraham" <>
>Subject: Re: BRITISH-JEWRY-D Digest V06 #63
>
>For those of us in Israel, please note that there are Jewish Chronicle
>Microfilm at Bar Ilan University Library. Call them to find out the times
>and
>conditions etc.
>
>Sharon, Netanya Israel
>Researching: Spitalsky, Spitallen, Keminic, Kenwick, Segal, Segalovitch,
>Flatter

This thread: