BRITISH-JEWRY-L Archives

Archiver > BRITISH-JEWRY > 2010-04 > 1270561653

From: "Jessica Leschnikoff" <>
Subject: Re: [BRITISH-JEWRY] Naturalisation Papers
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 14:58:21 +0100

Hi Linda,

It all depends. I have two Naturalisation papers; my great great
grandfather's and my g3 grandfather's. They were both from Prussia, but on
neither does it say where. It does usually record the date of birth and the
address they are currently living at - as well as names of witnesses of good
character etc. I got mine from the National Archives website - you can
search for them there. I don't know if everyone's is on there - but at the
time, Lord Palmerston signed both of mine off, as he did for most Jews
coming here for residency - so maybe this is why they were easy to find.

I presume you are trying to find out where your family names originated from
in their European history?

Best of luck,

Jessica Leschnikoff