BRITISH-JEWRY-L Archives

Archiver > BRITISH-JEWRY > 2010-04 > 1270737900

From: "Jackye Sullins" <>
Subject: Re: [BRITISH-JEWRY] communication UK-USA WW1
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 07:57:19 -0700

I also suggest looking at the Detained Passenger page. There is another
reason names are crossed off. Those who are not admitted also have their
names crossed off and it is either written next to their names that they
were subsequently Admitted or Rejected. Nothing was written in this
situation. Their name was totally misspelled (not even remotely similar) so
I would have to search page by page until I get to the Detainees.

As you say, they could have boarded another ship but nothing comes up under
their real name or variants.

Jackye
Carlsbad, CA

Apparently, the two reasons were death on the ship or
> they person didn't board that ship. Maybe the parents took another
> ship, that day or around that day. If we view the last page of the
> manifest and scroll backwards, there is a list of detained passengers
> and their outcomes.
> Linda Wolfe Kelley
> California

This thread: