BROOKS-L Archives

Archiver > BROOKS > 2007-08 > 1186118335

From: ,
Subject: Re: [BROOKS] boonesborough, ky -- brooks
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 05:18:55 -0000

Author: JamesHGarrett
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.brooks/7503.2.1.1.1.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Judi,

My wife's ancestor, John Brooks, was b.Jan 22, 1777. He married Martha (Patty or Patsy) Siddle. They had seven children, all b. in Madison Co.; Robert S., Lucy, Sally, Barthena, Permelia, Ira S., and Archibald.

I did find a ref. to a Jonathan Brooks, but he was not related to those of "our" family,Archibald, John, Robert,Henry, and Lynch. Jonathan's wife's name was Margaret (Peggy), but I don't have a last name for her.

I have a ref. to a Thomas Brooks marrying an Elizabeth Davis in 1818. Also to a Jeremiah marrying Minerva Oldham in 1833, and Jeremiah (don't know if it was the same one) marrying Delila Estes in 1836. I also see refs. to Todds and Simpson. I have no evidence of any connection of these to our line.

Do you know where your ancestors were before coming to Madison Co., KY?

Regards,

Jim

Important Note: