BROOKS-L Archives

Archiver > BROOKS > 2007-08 > 1187450095

From: ,
Subject: Re: [BROOKS] boonesborough, ky -- brooks
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 15:14:55 -0000

Author: JamesGarrett8907
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.brooks/7503.2.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Judi,

I previously said I didn't have much on Jonathan BROOKS of Madison Co., KY. I found that I do, in fact, have quite a bit on him.

He was b. Nov. 27, 1762, most likely in VA. He was in Botetourt Co., VA in 1787, and m. Margaret Reyburn there in 1789.

They were in Madison Co., KY, by 1796. They had one son, Thomas (wife's name was Elizabeth Davis), and four daughters; Jane m. Wm. Brock, Nancy m. Jeremiah Powell, Polly m. Isaac Oliver,and Charlotte, unmarried at the time of her father's death, but later m. Clark Rice.

Note the reference to Jeremiah, although he was not a BROOKS; he would have been an uncle to Thomas' offspring. Thomas was known to have had at least one son. Sorry, but his trail goes cold at this point.

Jim

Important Note: