BROUSSARD-L Archives

Archiver > BROUSSARD > 2012-04 > 1334432979

Subject: Re: [BROUSSARD] BROUSSARD Digest, Vol 4, Issue 7
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2012 14:49:39 -0500

What a treasure! Thanks for sharing!
Kathy Helmer in Arkansas

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 14, 2012, at 9:19 AM, wrote:

> [...]
> Married JEAN-BAPTISTE SARAULT/SARROT/SAREAU dit LAVIOLETTE, son of ISAAC SARAULT and JACQUETTE ARCHAMBAULT, born 1664 in Gripperie-St- Symphorien, Rochefort Saintonge, France Marriage contract signed April 25, 1689 in Maugue
> Married April 26, 1689 in Notre-Dame-de-Montreal, Ile -de-Montreal, Quebec, Canada
> Had one child:
> A) JEAN BAPTISTE SARAULT/SARROT/SAREAU born June 2, 1704 Montr�al, Qu�bec, Canada; died November 6, 17654 Sault au Recoullet, Quebec, Canada
> Married MARIE THERESE ROSE born unkn; died unkn
> Married 1730
>
> IV) FRANCOIS BROSSARD, born November 20, 1670 Montreal, Quebec, Canada; died April 14, 1739 Montreal, Quebec, Canada; buried April 15, 1739 Montreal, Quebec, Canada
> Married MARY/MARIE DIT STE MARIE, daughter of LOUIS MARIE DIT ST MARIE and MATHURINE GOUARD, born about October 7, 1678 Montreal, Quebec, Canada, baptized November 20, 1670 Montreal, Quebec, Canada; died unkn
> Married May 10, 1700 Montreal, Quebec, Canada
> Had ten children:
> A) MARIE BROSSARD born March 12, 1701 Montreal, Quebec, Canada; died July 5, 1704 Married aboutSIMIR MOQUIN born unkn; died unkn
> Had one child: 1) MARIE ANTOINETTE MOQUIN born unkn; died unkn
> Married HECTOR BROSSARD,son of LOUIS ALBERT BROSSARD and MARIE GRAVEL, born unkn; died unkn
> Married September 24, 1906
> B) FRANCOISE-ANTOINETTE BROSSARD born December 10, 1702/03 Montreal, Quebec, Canada; died March 31, 1703/04
> C) FRANCOIS-DANIEL BROSSARD born March 6, 1705 Montreal, Quebec, Canada; died unkn
> D) JEAN-BAPTISTE BROSSARD born October 1, 1706 Montreal, Quebec, Canada; died unkn
> E) JEAN-BAPTISTE-URBAIN BROSSARD born June 29, 1709 Montreal,
> Quebec, Canada, baptized June 30, 1709 Montreal, Quebec, Canada
> Married MARIE-FRANCOIS CARON, daughter of CLAUDE CARON and JEANNE BOYER, born March 3, 1712/13 Montreal, Quebec, Canada; died unkn
> Married May 27, 1734 Montreal, Quebec, Canada
> Had at least two children:
> 1) THERESE BROSSARD born unkn; died unkn
> Married Francois LaCOMBE born unkn; died unkn
> Married November 5, 1759
> 2) URBAIN BROSSARD born about 1739; died unkn
> Married MARIE CATHERINE LEMOINE, born about 1740; died unkn
> Married November 8, 1762 Montreal, Quebec, Canada
> Had sixteen children: a) MARIE-JOSEPHE BROSSARD born 1771; died 1771 b) URBAIN BROSSARD born unkn; died unkn Married MADELEINE TOUPIN, born unkn; died unkn Married October 1, 1792 Had five children: i) CATHERINE BROSSARD born unkn; died unkn Married SIMON P. HEBERT, born unkn; died unkn Married August 10, 1818 ii) DENYS/DENIS BROSSARD born unkn; died unkn Married MONIQUE BARITEAU born unkn; died unkn Married February 27, 1832 LaPrairie, Quebec, Canada iii) FELICITE BROSSARD born unkn; died unkn Married JOSEPH BAILLARGEON born unkn; died unkn Married September 2!
6, 1825. iv) MADELEINE BROSSARD born unkn; died unkn Married PAUL BAILLARGEON born unkn; died unkn Married December 10, 1812 LaPrairie, Quebec, Canada v) MONIQUE BROSSARD born unkn; died unkn Married AMABLE BISAILLON born unkn; died unkn Married November 19, 1827 !
> 3) MARIE-CATHERINE BROSSARD born unkn; died unkn 4) MARIE-RENEE BROSSARD born unkn; died unkn 5) CATHERINE BROSSARD born unkn; died unkn 6) JACQUES BROSSARD born unkn; died unkn 7) ETIENNE BROSSARD born unkn; died unkn 8) MADELEINE BROSSARD born unkn; died unkn 9) FRANCOISE BROSSARD born unkn; died unkn 10) PELAGIE BROSSARD born unkn; died unkn 11) CHARLES BROSSARD born unkn; died unkn 12) JOSEPH BROSSARD born unkn; died unkn 13) FRANCOISE/MARIE-FRANCOISE BROSSARD born unkn; died unkn Married 1st JOSEPH FAILLE, son of JOSEPH-MARIE FAILLE and MARIE-ANGELIQUE DUPUIS, born between 1770 and 1778; died before November 3, 1818 Married Oc!
tober 7, 1793 Had at least one child:
> a) TOUSSAINT FAILLE DIT FAYE born September 15, 1795 St Constant, LaPrairie, Quebec, Canada; died May 9, 1875 Baie St Paul, Canada; buried May 11, 1875 Ste-Agathe, Manitoba, Canada Married 1st ANGELIQUE CONTRE, daughter of JEAN-BAPTISTE CONTRE and LOUISE MONTAGNAISE, born about 1813; died before 1846 Had six children: i) TOUSSAINT FAILLE born May 9, 1827 St Laurent, Canada; died unkn ii) ANGELIQUE FAILLE born July 15, 1827; died unkn iii) MADELEINE FAILLE born June 12, 1829; died unkn iv) GUILLAUME FAILLE born about 1832 in Northwest Territory, Canada v) SOPHIE FAILLE born November 14, 1834 St Boniface, Manitoba, Canada; died January 17, 1865 St Franc!
ois-Xavier, Canada; buried January 19, 1865 in St Francois-Xavier, Canada Married PIERRE MARCELLAIS, son of JEAN- BAPTISTE MARCELLAIS and MARIE WILKIE, born 1832; died unkn Had one child: (a) ELISE MA!
> RCELLAIS born March 10, 1858 St Francois-Xavier, Manitoba, Canada; died unkn Married 1st MICHEL LAVALLEE, son of JEAN- BAPTISTE LAVALLEE and LOUISE DUCHARME, born October 11, 1850 in St Laurent, Manitoba, Canada, baptized November 17, 1850 St Francois-Xavier, Manitoba, Canada; died unkn
> Married 2nd ANTOINE LACERTE, born about 1835-1856; died unkn Married January 7, 1873 in Assumption, Pemblina, Dakota Territory, USA vi) PIERRE FAILLE dit FAYE born May 26, 1843 St Boniface, Manitoba, Canada; died before 1938 Married ELIZABETH PEPIN, daughter of ANTOINE PEPIN and MARGUERITE DAVIS, born November 6, 1845; died unkn Had three children: (a) VIRGINIE FAILLE/FOY born December 22, 1862 St Boniface, Manitoba, Canada, baptized December 22,1862 St Boniface, Manitoba, Canada. ; died August 17, 1863 in St Boniface, Manitoba, Canada, buried August 18, 1863 in St Boniface, Manitoba, !
Canada (b) ELISE FAILLE/FOY born July 11, 1865 St Boniface, Manitoba, Canada, baptized July 11, 1865 St Boniface, Manitoba, Canada; died unkn (c) ROSALIE FAILLE born January 2, 1867 St Francois-Xavier, Manitoba, Canada, baptized January 21, !
> [...]
> 75. MARTIN dit LAMONTAGNE, Olivier - Auray (Morbihan) - Pioneer and mason
> 76. MARTIN dit LARIVI�^RE, Pierre - Sainte-Colombe (Sarthe) - Pioneer
> 77. MILLET dit LE BEAUCERON, Nicolas - Neuville-aux-Bois (Loiret) - carpenter and pit swayer
> 78. MILLOT (ou MILHAUT) dit LAVAL, Jacques - Crouzille (Mayenne) - Pioneer
> 79. MOTAIN (ou MOTAIS), Guy - Meslay-du-Maine (Mayenne) - Pioneer
> 80. MOULI�^RES, Pierre - Mareuil (Sarthe) - Pioneer and Blacksmith
> 81. MOUSSEAU dit LAVIOLETTE, Jacques - Azay-le-Rideau (Indre-et-Loire) - Pioneer
> 82. NAIL, Jacques - Solesmes (Sarthe) - Pioneer
> 83. NOCHER, François - Chemiré-en-Charnie (Sarthe) - Pioneer
> 84. OLIVIER dit LE PETIT BRETON, Jean - Chemiré-en-Charnie (Sarthe) - Pioneer
> 85. PAPIN, Pierre - Sablé-sur-Sarthe (Sarthe) - Pioneer
> 86. PICARD dit LAFORTUNE, Hugues - Pont-James (Loire-Atlantique) - Pioneer and pit swayer
> 87. PICHARD, Jean - Rouez (Sarthe) - Pioneer
> 88. PIRON dit LAVALL�?E, François - La Suze (Sarthe) - locksmith and Pioneer
> 89. PIRON, Pierre - Malicorne-sur-Sarthe (Sarthe) - digger and surgeon
> 90. PRESTROT dit LAVIOLETTE, Jean - Parcé-sur-Sarthe (Sarthe) - Pioneer and miller
> 91. RAGUIDEAU dit ST-GERMAIN, Pierre - La Flèche (Sarthe) - Pioneer
> 92. RENNES dit PACHANE, Bertrand de -? - Pioneer
> 93. ROBIN dit DESFORGES, �?tienne -? - Pioneer
> 94. ROBUTEL DE ST-ANDR�?, Claude - Frencq (Pas-de-Calais) -?
> 95. RODAILLER, René-? - Pioneer
> 96. ROGER, Christophe - Clermont-Créans (Sarthe) - Pioneer
> 97. ROINAY, François - Sablé-sur-Sarthe (Sarthe) - Pioneer
> 98. TAVERNIER dit LAFOR�ST, Jean - Roëzé-sur-Sarthe (Sarthe) - Pioneer and armourer
> 99. TH�?ODORE dit GILLES, Michel - Tours (Indre-et-Loire) - Pioneer, paver
> 100. VACHER dit ST-JULIEN, Sylvestre - St-Julien-sur-Cher (Loire-et-Cher) - carpenter
> 101. VALLETS (ou VALLAYS), Jean - Teillé (Sarthe) - Pioneer
> 102. VALIQUET dit LAVERDURE, Jean - Le Lude (Sarthe) - Pioneer and locksmith
>
> Paul Benoit, son of Fran�ois Benoit and Marie-Dimanche Chaplain, was intelligent, but not formally educated. He was a carpenter looking for a new life. In 1653, when he was approximately 25 years old, he was recruited by M.de Maisonneuve, probably in Nevers, France to be sent to New France. M. de Maisonneuve had been trying since the autumn of 1651 to engage 200 colonist-soldiers to save and develop a city in Quebec in New France, then called Ville-Marie [Ville Marie, now Montreal], which was proving to be a difficult task. M. de Maisonneuve succeeded in obtaining the signatures of 154 men. Of this number, 102 honoured their commitment, one of these being Paul Beno�t, who signed his engagement for 5 years in front of the Lafousse notary, in Lafl�che, on March 23, 1653. Because he excelled at his work, he was promised an annual salary of 100 pounds. On June 20, 1653, at the port of St-Nazaire, before the notary Belliote, he was given advanced wages of 123 pounds.!
On th!
!
> [...]
> 2) PAUL BROSSARD born unkn; died unkn Married AMABLE BARITEAU, daughter of JOSEPH BARITEAU and MARGUERITE DENAUT, born unkn; died unkn Married October 12, 1812 LaPrairie, Quebec, Canada
> Had eight children: a) CHRISTINE BROSSARD born unkn; died unkn Married RENE METRAS born unkn; died unkn Married February 15, 1841 b) DELPHIS BROSSARD born unkn; died unkn Married ESTHER MERCILLE, daughter of ANTOINE MERCILLE and A. BROSSARD, born unkn; died unkn
> Married February 7, 1870 St. Hubert, Quebec, Canada
> c) EDESSA BROSSARD born unkn; died unkn Married MARCEL SURPRENAUT born unkn; died unkn Married April 19, 1847 d) ESTHER BROSSARD born unkn; died unkn Married DAMASE SOREL, born unkn; died unkn Had one child: i) MARIE LOUISE SOREL born unkn; died unkn Married OCTAVE BROSSARD, son of AMABLE BROSSARD and ANGELA RHEAUME, born unkn; died unkn Married February 5, 1883 at LaPrairie, Quebec, Canada
> Had one child: (a) AIME BROSSARD born about 1890; died unkn Married BEATRICE BROSSARD, daughter of JOSEPH BROSSARD and CAROLINE LAMARRE, born unkn; died unkn
> Married November 22, 1910 LaPrairie, Quebec, Canada
> Had four children:
> (i) PHILIPPE BROSSARD born about 1912; died unkn Married THERESE BABEU born about 1915; died unkn
> Married January 7, 1944 in LaPrairie, Quebec, Canada
> Had one child (living) (ii) DENIS BROSSARD born about1915; died unkn
> Married LAURETTE BOYER born about 1918; died unkn
> Married October 19, 1946 LaPrairie, Quebec, Canada
> (iii) MADELEINE BROSSARD born about 1925; died unkn
> Married GERARD CHARTRAND born about 1920; died unkn Married May 15, 1948 LaPrairie, Quebec, Canada
> (iv) DENISE BROSSARD born about 1928 died unkn Married FERNAND GIROUARD born about 1923; died unkn Married June 30, 1956 LaPrairie, Quebec, Canada
> e) EUSEBE BROSSARD born April 25, 1818; died unkn Married aboutTHERINE MARCILLE, daughter of DENNIS MARCILLE and JOSETTE TOUPIN, born November 5, 1813 Longueuil, Quebec, Canada; died August 7, 1803 Longueuil, Quebec, Canada
> Married February 20, 1842 in Notre-Dame-de-la-Madeleine, LaPrairie, Quebec, Canada
> Had eight children:
> i) CELANIRE BROSSARD born unkn; died unkn Married ART NAPOLEAN DEMERS born unkn; died unkn ii) DELPHIS BROSSARD born after 1842; died unkn Married FEBRONIE/FABRONIE PIEDALUE born after 1850; died unkn Married October 1, 1883 in L'Acadie, St-Jean, Quebec, Canada iii) ELMIRE BROSSARD born unkn; died unkn Married JOSEPH MCNEIL born unkn; died unkn iv) JOSEPH OCTAVE BROSSARD born unkn; died unkn Married ROSE EMMA CAROLINE ROY born unkn; died unkn v) JULIENNE BROSSARD born unkn; died unkn Married JOSEPH MARCHESSAULT born unkn; died unkn vi MOISE BROSSARD born unkn; died unkn Married LEA CORINNE !
BROSSEAU born unkn; died unkn vii) NARCISSE BROSSARD born unkn; died unkn Married 1st CONSTANCE MAYNARD born unkn; died nkn Married 2nd CORDELIA CONSTANTINEAU, born unkn; died unkn viii) VIRGINIE BROSSARD born unkn; died unkn Married PAUL BISAILLON born unkn; died unkn !
> [...]
> Married April 29, 1811
> Had one child: a) HENRIETTE LEFEBVRE born about 1814; died unkn Married LOUIS BROSSARD, son of PASCAL BROSSARD and MARIE BOYER, born unkn; died unkn
> Married November 22, 1842 Longueuil, Quebec, Canada 4) PIERRE BROSSARD born about 1789; died unkn Married 1st FELICITE ST ANTOINE, daughter of TOUSSAINT ST ANTOINE and FELICITE d'AJES, born about 1790; died before 1822 Married November 26, 1810 at L'Acadie, Canada
> Had one child:
> a) ADELAIDE BROSSARD born about 1812; died unkn Married AMBROISE MAILLOUX born unkn; died unkn Married July 12, 1831 PIERRE BROSSARD married 2nd ISABELLE CHARRET, daughter of JOSEPH CHARRET and MARIE ANNE BOISVERT, born about 1800; died before 1823
> Married July 29, 1822 L'Acadie, Canada
> PIERRE BROSSARD married 3rd MADELEINE HEBERT, daughter of GABRIEL HEBERT and ARCHANGE STE MARIE, born about 1800; died unkn
> 5) JULIENNE BROSSARD born about 1804; died unkn
> Married NOEL DEGNEAU, born unkn; died unkn
> Married July 13, 1829
> LOUIS BROSSARD married 3rd MARIE PHEBE PINSONNEAULT, daughter of JOSEPH PINSONNEAULT and ISABELLE DUPUY, born unkn; died unkn
> LOUIS BROSSARD and MARIE PHEBE PINSONNEAULT had four children:
> 1) ALPHONSE BROSSARD born unkn; died unkn
> Married LOUISE BINCETTE, daughter of LUC BINCETTE and
> EIES ST GEUME, born unkn; died unkn
> Married September 26, 1865 La Prairie or April, 1867 Notre Dame, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
> 2) DELPHIS BROSSARD born unkn; died unkn
> Married 1st LOUISE BRIOUX, daughter of ISAAC BRIOUX and HERMINE LAMOREAUX, born unkn; died before May, 1886
> Married 2ND MELINA MIRON born unkn; died unkn
> Married May 4, 1886 St Constant, Quebec, Canada
> 3) MARIE BROSSARD born unkn; died unkn Married CHERI PAYANT born unkn; died unkn Married November 23, 1875
> 4) OCTAVIE BROSSARD born unkn; died unkn
> Married LUC BARBEAU born unkn; died unkn
> Married February 20, 1860 LaPrairie, Quebec, Canada Had one child: a) ARCADE BARBEAU born unkn; died unkn Married MARIE-LOUISE BOYER born unkn; died unkn Married January 29, 1884 in St Constant, LaPrairie, Quebec, Canada D) MARIE-ANNE BROSSARD, born June 14, 1741 Laprairie, Quebec, Canada; died unkn
> Married JEAN-BAPTISTE MENARD, son of JACQUES MENARD and SUZANNE PREJEAN-LOEILLET, born January 28, 1737 Montreal, Quebec, Canada Married November 20, 1766 LaPrairie, Quebec, Canada Had two children: 1) FRANCOIS MENARD born 1786 in LaPrairie, Quebec, Canada; died unkn Married FRANCOISE PATENAUDE, daughter of MICHEL PATENAUDE and CHARLOTTE GERVAIS, born 1792 Longueuil, Chambly, Quebec, Canada Married February 13, 1809 Notre Dame-de-la-Prairie-de-la-Madeleine, LaPrairie, Quebec, Canada Source: Marriage Record, Repertoire de Marriages de Notre-Dame-de-la- Prairie-de-la-Madeleine, 1670-1968, ACGS #Q33B. 2) ALEXIS/DELPHIS MENARD born January 30, 1775 in LaPrairie, Quebec, Canada; died unkn !
Married MARIE DORE, daughter of JEAN-BAPTISTE DORE and MARGUERITE ROUSSEAU-LABONTE, born May 26, 1780 LaPrairie, Quebec, Canada Married October 12, 1801 LaPrairie, Quebec, Canada !
> [...]
> iii) PASCAL BROSSARD born unkn; died unkn Married 1st (OLIVE MATHILDE) DOMITHILDE GREGOIRE, daughter of ANTOINE GREGOIRE and ISABELLE VEZINA, born unkn; died before 1905.
> Married February 8, 1864 Napierville, Quebec, Canada
> Had four children:
> (a) ARTHUR BROSSARD born unkn; died unkn
> Married DORILDA BEAUDRY born unkn; died unkn
> (b) CHARLES BROSSARD born unkn; died unkn
> Married GEORGIANA GODIN born unkn; died unkn
> (c) LOUIS BROSSARD born unkn; died unkn
> Married SOPHIE BROUILLE born unkn; died unkn
> (d) WILFRED BROSSARD born unkn; died unkn
> Married JOSEPHINE BOMABARDIER, born unkn; died unkn
> d) ELIE BROSSARD born August 23, 1818 LaPrairie, Quebec, Canada; died September 15, 1818 LaPrairie, Quebec, Canada
> e) DOSITHE/DOSITHEE BROSSARD born October 1, 1819 LaPrairie, Quebec, Canada; died unkn
> Married ANTOINE MARCIL, son of LOUIS (DENIS) MARCIL and JOSETTE TOUPIN, born February 9, 1816 Longueuil, Quebec, Canada; died unkn Married February 15, 1841 Notre-Dame-de-la-Madeleine, LaPrairie, Quebec, Canada NOTE: Louis (Denis) Marcil, father of ANTOINE MARCIL, was born July 27, 1772 Longueuil, Quebec, Canada. Josette Toupin was born November 9, 1783 LaPrairie, Quebec, Canada They were married November 9, 1801 in Longueuil, Quebec, Canada f) MARIE LOUISE BROSSARD born November 13, 1822; died November 20, 1903 Married CONSTANTINE NORMANDIN, born unkn; died unkn Married January 30, 1845
> g) ESTHER BROSSARD born about 1823; died unkn Married HYACINTHE MONTY born about 1819; died unkn Married November 22, 1859
> h) JOSEPH BROSSARD born about 1824; died unkn
> Married ESTHER MOQUIN born unkn; died unkn
> Married October 14, 1851
> i) LOUISE BROSSARD born about 1825; died unkn
> j) AMABLE BROSSARD born about 1826; died unkn Married 1st ROSE NORMANDIN, daughter of FRANCOIS NORMANDIN and MARIE ANNE LAPLANTE, born about 1828; died before 1855
> Married June 16, 1846 in LaPrairie, Quebec, Canada
> Had one child:
> i) ROSE LIMA/DELIMA BROSSARD born about 1847; died unkn
> Married LOUIS HUBERDEAU born about 1845; died unkn
> Married February 7, 1865 LaPrairie, Quebec, Canada AMABLE BROSSARD married 2nd ANGELE RHEAUME born about 1835; died unkn
> Married November 13, 1855 St Remi, Iberville, Quebec, Canada
> Had five children:
> i) ERNEST BROSSARD born about 1857; died unkn Married MARIE LAMARRE, daughter of NAPOLEON LAMARRE and DELPHINE HUBERDEAU, born unkn; died unkn ii) ISIDORE BROSSARD born about 1859; died unkn Married HECTORINE SIMARD born about 1862; died unkn iii) JOSEPH BROSSARD born about 18661; died unkn iv) MICHEL HENRI BROSSARD born about 1864; died unkn Married MARIE EUDOXIE JUSTINE PERRIER born about 1866; died unkn v) OCTAVE BROSSARD born about 1865; died unkn Married MARIE LOUISE SOREL, daughter of DAMASE SOREL and ESTHER BROSSARD, born about 1866; died unkn Married February 5!
, 1883 LaPrairie, Quebec, Canada Had one child: (a) AIME BROSSARD born about 1884; died unkn
> [...]
>
> VI) JOSEPH BROSSARD born February 1, 1714/15/16 Montreal, Quebec, Canada; died unkn
>
> VII) CLAUDE/FRANCOIS BROSSARD born August 23, 1717 Montreal, Quebec, Canada; died October 20, 1717 at age 2 months
> VIII) ELIZABETH/ELISABETH BROSSARD born April 29, 1719 Montreal, Quebec, Canada; died September 5, 1727 Montreal, Quebec, Canada
> IX) GENEVIEVE LOUISE JOSEPHE BROSSARD born November 30, 1720 Montreal, Quebec, Canada; died May 14, 1721 Montreal, Ile de Montreal, Quebec, Canada at age 5 � months
> X) JEAN BAPTISTE BROSSARD born October 17, 1721 Montreal, Quebec, Canada; died April 5, 1729 Montreal, Ile de Montreal, Quebec, Canada at age 7 � years
> XI) DENIS BROSSARD born July 5, 1723 Montreal, Ile de Montreal, Quebec, Canada; died after 1784 Married 1st MARIE CATHERINE FRANCOISE GAGNE, daughter of FRANCOIS GAGNE and MARIE MADELEINE DUPUY, born unkn; died unkn ` Married February 12, 1753 St Constant, Quebec, Canada Had two children: A) JOSEPH BROSSARD born unkn; died unkn Married MARIE JOSETTE MATHIEU, daughter of JEAN BAPTISTE MATHIEU and MARIE CHARLOTTE HUBOU, born unkn; died unkn
> Married January 28, 1728 Lachenaie, Quebec, Canada.
> B) DENIS BROSSARD born March 26, 1756; died unkn
> Married GENEVIEVE LEROUX/LEHOUX, daughter of LOUIS LEHOUX and CHARLOTTE CHRETIEN, born unkn; died unkn
> Married May 31, 1779 Montreal, Quebec, Canada
> DENIS BROSSARD married 2nd MARIE-MADELEINE DUPLESSIS born unkn; died unkn
> Married June 2, 1760
> Had two children:
> A) JEAN BAPTISTE BROSSARD born unkn; died unkn B) JOSEPH BROSSARD born unkn; died unkn DENIS BROSSARD married 3rd ELIZABETH CHAPERON, born unkn; died unkn Married February 23, 1784 Montreal, Quebec, Canada
> XII) FRANCOIS VINCENT BROSSARD born September 17/18, 1724 Montreal, Quebec, Canada; died September 20, 1724 Montreal, Ile de Montreal, Quebec, Canada a newborn
> XIII) (--?--) BROSSARD born July 20, 1725 Montreal, Quebec, Canada; died July 20, 1725 at birth
> XIV) ELISABETH BROSSARD born March 18, 1727 Montreal, Ile de Montreal, Quebec, Canada; died unkn Married CHARLES PLESSY/PLESSIS dit BELAIR, born April 29, 1719; died unkn Married September 30, 1738 Had at least one child:
> A) FRANCOIS PLESSIS dit BELAIR born unkn; died unkn Married MARIE JOSEPHTE BEAUDRY, daughter of (--?--) BEAUDRY and (--?--), born unkn; died unkn Had at least one child: 1) MARIE CHARLOTTE PLESSIS born unkn; died unkn Married ANTOINE LA FOURNEL dit FOURNAISE, son of (--?--) LA FOURNEL, born unkn; died unkn Had at least one child: a) MARIE ADELAIDE LA FOURNEL born unkn; died unkn Married VINCENT GRAVEL, son of (--?--) GRAVEL, born unkn; died unkn Had at least one child: (i) BERNARD GRAVEL born unkn; died unkn Married HENRIETTE LAFONTAINE dit DUBARD, daughter of (--?--!
) LAFONTAINE dit DUBARD and (--?--), born unkn; died unkn NOTE: Grandparents of MAURICE ROBERT GRAVEL, born 1930, U.S. Senator from Alaska
> XV) MARIE JOSEPHE BROSSARD born September 30, 1728 Montreal, Ile de Montreal, Quebec, Canada; died October 13, 1728 Montreal, Ile de Montreal, Quebec, Canada
>
> GENERATION 36 - URBAIN BROSSARD
>
> URBAIN BROSSARD, son of CLAUDE BROSSARD and BARBE HEBERT, born April 28, 1714 Montreal, Quebec, Canada; died November 7, 1782 Canada
> Married MARIE-FRANCOISE SERAT-COQUILLARD, daughter of FRANCOIS SERAT/CERAT/CERATE-COQUILLARD/COCQUILLARD (CARON?) and MARIE FRANCOIS BARDET dit ACHIM, born May 15, 1720 Montreal, Ile de Montreal, Quebec, Canada
> Married May 2/5, 1736 Montreal, Quebec, Canada
>
> Lineage of MARIE-FRANCOIS SERAT-COQUILLARD:
> Father: FRANCOIS (FRANCIS) SERAT (CERAT, CERATE)-COQUILLARD (CARON?)/PIERRE SERAT (CERAT, CERATE) dit COQUILLARD and FRANCOISE SABOURIN/FRANCOIS CERATE and FRANCOISE MARTINE
> Mother: MARIE FRANCOIS BARDET dit ACHIM/PIERRE BARDET dit LAPIERRE and FRANCOISE ACHIM/JEAN BARDET and MARGUERITE MICHEL
>
> URBAIN BROSSARD and MARIE FRANCOISE SERAT-COQUILLARD had eight children:
> I) MARIE-FRANCOISE BROSSARD, born April 22, 1737 Montreal, Quebec, Canada; died unkn Married JOSEPH DASYLVA, born unkn; died unkn Married January 30, 1755 Montreal, Ile de Montreal, Quebec, Canada
> II) URBAIN BROSSARD II, born December 11/12, 1738 Montreal, Quebec, Canada; died unkn Married MARIE-CATHERINE LEMOINE, born unkn; died unkn Had sixteen children: A) MARIE-JOSEPHE BROSSARD born 1771; died 1771 B) URBAIN BROSSARD born unkn; died unkn Married MADELEINE TOUPIN, born unkn; died unkn Married October 1, 1792 Had five children: 1) CATHERINE BROSSARD born unkn; died unkn Married SIMON P. HEBERT, born unkn; died unkn Married August 10, 1818 2) DENYS/DENIS BROSSARD born unkn; died unkn Married MONIQUE BARITEAU born unkn; died unkn Married February 27, 1832 LaPrairie, Quebec, Canada !
3) FELICITE BROSSARD born unkn; died unkn Married JOSEPH BAILLARGEON born unkn; died unkn Married September 26, 1825 4) MADELEINE BROSSARD born unkn; died unkn Married PAUL BAILLARGEON born unkn; died unkn Married December 10, 1812 LaPrairie,!
> Quebec, Canada 5) MONIQUE BROSSARD born unkn; died unkn Married AMABLE BISAILLON born unkn; died unkn Married November 19, 1827 C) MARIE-CATHERINE BROSSARD born unkn; died unkn D) MARIE-RENEE BROSSARD born unkn; died unkn E) CATHERINE BROSSARD born unkn; died unkn F) JACQUES BROSSARD born unkn; died unkn G) ETIENNE BROSSARD born unkn; died unkn H) MADELEINE BROSSARD born unkn; died unkn I) FRANCOISE BROSSARD born unkn; died unkn J) PELAGIE BROSSARD born unkn; died unkn K) CHARLES BROSSARD born unkn; died unkn L) JOSEPH BROSSARD born unkn; died unkn M) FRANCOISE/MARIE-FRANCOISE BROSSARD born unkn; died unkn Marrie!
d 1st JOSEPH FAILLE, son of JOSEPH-MARIE FAILLE and MARIE- ANGELIQUE DUPUIS, born between 1770 and 1778; died before November 3, 1818 Married October 7, 1793 Had at least one child:
> 1) TOUSSAINT FAILLE dit FAYE born September 15, 1795 St Constant, LaPrairie, Quebec, Canada; died May 9, 1875 Baie St Paul, Canada; buried May 11, 1875 Ste-Agathe, Manitoba, Canada Married 1stANGELIQUE CONTRE, daughter of JEAN-BAPTISTE CONTRE and LOUISE MONTAGNAISE, born about 1813; died before 1846 Had six children: a) TOUSSAINT FAILLE born May 9, 1827 St Laurent, Canada; died unkn b) ANGELIQUE FAILLE born July 15, 1827; died unkn c) MADELEINE FAILLE born June 12, 1829; died unkn d) GUILLAUME FAILLE born about 1832 Northwest Territory, Canada; died unkn e) SOPHIE FAILLE born November 14, 1834 St Boniface, Manitoba, Canada, died January 17, 1865 in St Francois-Xavier, Canada; buried !
January 19, 1865 St Francois-Xavier, Canada Married PIERRE MARCELLAIS, son of JEAN-BAPTISTE MARCELLAIS and MARIE WILKIE, born 1832; died unkn f) PIERRE FAILLE dit FAYE born May 26, 1843 St Boniface, Manitoba,!
> Canada; died before 1938 Married ELIZABETH PEPIN, daughter of ANTOINE PEPIN and MARGUERITE DAVIS, born November 6, 1845; died unkn FRANCOISE/MARIE-FRANCOISE BROSSARD married 2nd JOSEPH PINSONNEAU born unkn; died unkn Married November 3, 1818 N) MADELEINE BROSSARD born unkn; died unkn O) MARIE-LOUISE BROSSARD born unkn; died unkn P) MARIE-MARGUERITE BROSSARD born unkn; died unkn
> III) MARIE JOSEPHE BROSSARD, born Sept. 24/26, 1740 Montreal, Quebec, Canada; died unkn Married JEAN JACQUES FRASER born unkn; died unkn Married before April 19, 1768
> IV) JOSEPH BROSSARD born January 20, 1741/42/43 Montreal, Quebec, Canada; died unkn
> V) DON LOUIS BROSSARD/BROUSSARD I born 1745, baptized June 25, 1745 Montreal, Quebec, Canada; died 1800 at age 55 Avoyelles Parish, LA
> Married MARGUERITE MAGDALEN LEDE BENOIT ("LEDE is a corruption of "LATIER", her first stepfather's surname) , daughter of JEAN BAPTISTE BENOIT and MARIE ANNE/MARIANNE TRAHAN, born about 1752 Louisbourg or Port Royal, Acadie, Canada
> Married 1773 Opelousas, St. Landry Parish, LA
>
> VI) CATHERINE-MARIE BROSSARD born 1751; died unkn Married AMABLE-PIERRE LEGROS dit ST LAURENT born 1745; died unkn Had four children: A) JEAN-BAPTISTE LEGROS born unkn; died unkn B) EUPHROSINE/MARIE EUPHROSINE LEGROS dit ST LAURENT born unkn; died unkn Married JEAN BAPTISTE GUIMOND/GUIMONT, son of JOSEPH GUIMOND and LOUISE DAUBERT, born unkn; died unkn Married June 15, 1801 Boucherville, Quebec, Canada Had possibly three children: 1) EUPHROSINE GUIMOND/GUIMONT born about 1810; died unkn Maried JEAN BAPTISTE VIAU born unkn; died unkn Married June 3, 1830 in Boucherville, Quebec, Canada 2) CHARLES GUIMOND/GUIMONT born unkn; died unkn !
Married 1st LUCIE BENOIT, born unkn; died before June 3, 1834 Married June 14, 1864 Boucherville, Quebec, Canada Married 2nd MARGUERITE PARE, born unkn; died unkn Married June 3, 1834 Boucherville, Quebec, Canada Had three children: !
> a) MARGUERITE GUIMOND/GUIMONT born unkn; died unkn Married GILBERT PROVOST born unkn; died unkn Married August 6, 1857 Boucherville, Quebec, Canada b) PHILOMENE GUIMOND/GUIMONT born unkn; died unkn Married LOUIS GEOFFRION/JOFFRION born unkn; died unkn Married September 22, 1858 Boucherville, Quebec, Canada c) ALPHONSINE GUIMOND/GUIMONT born unkn ; died unkn Married L. EVARISTE PEPIN born unkn; died unkn Married January 11, 1864 Boucherville, Quebec, Canada 3) JEAN BAPTISTE GUIMOND/GUIMONT born unkn; died unkn C) ETIENNE LEGROS dit ST LAURENT born 1782 (twin) Chambly, Quebec, Canada; died unkn Married MARIE-LOUISE CHARTRAND, daughter of PIERRE ARMAND CHARTR!
AND and GENEVIEVE MARIE PARE, born February 10, 1785 St Vincent de Paul, Laval, Quebec, Canada, baptized February 10, 1785 St Vincent de Paul, Laval, Quebec, Canada; died unkn Married May 28, 1804 Notre-Dame de Montreal, Ile !
> [...]
> Some of Louis's sons moved back into St. Landry Parish in the early 1800s.
>
> Lineage of MARGUERITE LEDE BENOIT:
> Father: JEAN BAPTISTE BENOIT/PIERRE BENOIT and ANNE MARIE GAUDET/PIERRE BENOIT and MARIE deFOREST (FOUST)/MARTIN BENOIT (BENOIST) dit LABRIERE and MARIE CHAUSSEGROS
> Mother: MARIE ANNE (MARIANNE) TRAHAN/ETIENNE TRAHAN and MARIE FRANCOIS ROY (LEROY)/ALEXANDRE TRAHAN and MARIE PELLERIN/GUILLAUME TRAHAN and MADELEINE BRUN
>
> Family info for Marguerite Lede Benoit:
>
> JEAN BAPTISTE BENOIT, b abt 1731, married ANNE TRAHAN on May 24, 1751 in Louisbourg, CB, Canada. d/o ETIENNE TRAHAN & FRANCOISE LEROY. Children: MARGARITE BENOIT, b. abt 1752 in Acadia, married LOUIS BROUSSARD; Marie Anne Benoit, b abt. 1754 in Acadia, married Michael Janis.
>
> Jean's parents:
> Pierre Benoit, b. abt. 1704 in Port Royal or Grand Pre, Acadia, married Anne Marie Gaudet b 1709, married abt 1730 Children: Claude, b. abt. 1730 in Acadia, married Anne Cormier; Jean Baptiste; Catherine, b abt. 1732; Alexis, b abt 1733 in Acadia, married Helene Comeaux; Pierre Olivier Benoit, b. abt. 1735 in Acadia, married Suzanne Boudreau.
>
> Pierre's parents:
> Pierre Benoit, b. abt. 1675 in Port Royal, Acadia, married Marie deForest/Foust abt. 1697in Port Royal(?), b. abt. 1675 in Port Royal, Acadia, d/o Michel deForest & Marie Hebert.
> Children: Marguerite, b abt. 1696 in Port Royal ,d. abt 1758/59 at sea, married Etienne Hamel abt 1725 in Acadia; Martin b. abt. 1702 in Port Royal, married Marie Josephe LeJeune Nov. 189, 1752 in Grand Pr�; Pierre; Claude Benoit, b. abt. 1730 in Port Royal, married Marie Comeau; Unknown, b. before. 1701
>
> Pierre's parents:
> Martin Benoit/Benoist dit LaBriere, b 1643 in France, married Marie Chaussegros 1672 in Port Royal, b. ca 1654 (per S. White's Acadian Family Dictionary pg 105) or 1660 (per U.S. International Marriage Records) in Rochefort, France, d. abt 1694 in Pisiquit, Acadia
>
> Article from the internet on the family of Martin Benoit/Benoist:
> "Martin Benoist dit LaBri�re left La Rochelle, France, for Acadie in the Spring of 1671 aboard l'Oranger. He was 28 yars old. Marie Chaussegros, who was 15 at the time, was also aboard ll'Oranger. Marie was from Rochefort, a city not far from La Rochelle. She and Martin Benoist married, either at La Rochelle just before boarding the ship, or shortly after their arrival in Port-Royal, Acadie. Martin Benoist and Marie Chaussegros, along with their family, spent their first 30 years in Acadie in the vicinity of Port-Royal. Their ten children were born there. In the period between 1690 and 1700 it is known that Martin lived just inland from Port-Royal on the north bank of the Rivi�re-des-Dauphins (Annapolis River). Martin Benoist and Marie Chaussegros had five girls and five boys. Jacqueline, the first daughter, m!
arried!
!

> Marie, the second daughter of Martin Benoist and Marie Chaussegros; died on June 11, 1714, at the age of 35. She was single and living with her parents at the time of her death Catherine, the third daughter of Martin and Marie, married Fran�ois LePrince in 1712 Catherine was among those deported by the English and; died in France in 1760 At least four of her seven children were also deported. One son, Claude Prince, along with his wife, Madeleine Doiron, and their entire family; died at sea during the deportation. The others who were deported were in France in the late 1760's. The fourth daughter, Jeanne, married Pierre LeJeune!
in!
> 1712 This family moved to Ile St-Jean (Prince Edward Island). Four of their ten children, Anne, Brigitte, Eloi, and Augustin; died during the Deportation. Another, Joseph, along with his wife Anne-Th�otiste Brasseur and their family, found refuge in Qu�bec. Another, Jean; died in France in 1758 at the age of 34. Fran�oise, the fifth daughter, married Alexandre Thibodeau around 1715. He; died before the deportation but Fran�oise was deported to Maryland. Two of their three daughters; died before the Deportation. However, Anne who married Jean Doiron in 1752 was deported to France
> The five sons of Martin Benoist and Marie Chaussegros and their descendants were also scattered by the Deportation.Their first son Pierre the elder probably; died before the Deportation. His children who survived to 1755 and most of his grandchildren were victims of the British. His daughter, Marguerite; died during the Deportation en route to France. His grandchildren from his son Martin, were perhaps the most scattered. One grandson, Ren�, was in Maryland in 1763 One grandson of the original Martin Benoist, Pierre-Olivier, the son of Martin; died in Louisiana in 1787 One of Pierre-Olivier's daughters, born 1760 in Maryland, married in a second marriage to the nephew of the celebrated Daniel Boone, also named Daniel Boone. Others of Pierre-Olivier's children settled in the St. Martinville and Petite Anse regions of South Louisiana. Pierre, another of Pierre the elder (l'ain�), had three granddaughters, the daughters of his son, Jean-Baptiste, who also settled and marr!
ied in!
> Louisiana. These grand-daughters, Rosalie married 1770 Louis-Romain de la Fosse, married 1796 Joseph Campeau; Marie-Anne married 1774 Michel Janis; Marguerite married abt 1774 Louis Broussard. All settled in the Opelousas region. The second son of Martin Benoist and Marie Chaussegros, Cl�ment married 1704 Anne Babin, widow of Abraham Doiron. He; died before the Deportation. Cl�ment's son Claude married 1706 to Marie Comeau and was deported with his family to Massachusetts, where his children wre taken and placed in the home of a Mr. Duncan Campbell. When Claude and his wife moved near the Campbells to be near their children, Campbell promptly scattered the children to other families in Massachusetts. After reaching adulthood, most of Claude's children married and eventually were able to leave Massachusetts for refuge in Qu�bec. Anoth!
er of C!
!
> The fourth son of Martin Benoist and Marie Chaussegros, Pierre le cadet (the younger) married 1703 to Elisabeth LeJuge. They had 12 children. One child, Paul and his entire family, save for on one daughter; died at sea during the Deportation from Ile St-Jean. Many of his grandchildren escaped the Deportation and resettled in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Prince Edward Island. One of his sons, Charles, was deported to France, where he; died, but most of his children left France for Louisiana in 1785. These Benoits mostly settled the Lafourche region: Marie, married 1757 Rene Rasicot, married 1766 Joseph H�bert and; died 1806 in Louisiana; Fran�oise married 1758 Honor� Caret in Lafourche; Jean-Charles married 1770 Anne-Marie Hach� and; died 1787 in Louisiana. Claude Benoit was the ninth child of Pierre le cadet. One of his sons, Gr�goire married 17!
70 Marie-Ro!
> [...]
>> From the Acadian Census of 1698: PORT ROYAL - There are at Port Royal 575 persons, 982 cattle, 1136 sheep, 568 hogs, 1275 arpents of cultivated land, 1584 fruit tree, 82 guns and 8 servants, MARTIN BENOIT 57; Marie CHAUSSEGROS (wife) 43; Clement 21; Marie 19; PIERRE 15; Claude 11; Catherine 8; Jeanne 6; Francoise 4; 2 cows, 8 sheep, 3 hogs, 40 arpents, 200 fruit trees,
> NOTE from one internet site: "Many are not aware that the name Benoit shows up in several of the Treaties made between the British and the Mi'kmaq / Maliseet. Two Pierre Bennoits show up in the 1725 Treaty and another Pierre Benoit shows up again in the 1749 Treaty. Other families like the Mius, the Pinet and the Cheqo/Chicau families which are undisputedly Mi'kmaq also show up on the same Treaties, placing the Benoit family in the same arena as these other families. The Bras d'Or Indians descend from all four families, the Benoits, the Mius, the Pinet (Anne Marie) and the Chego families."
>
>> From http://www.acadian-cajun.com/acadian4.htm
> Acadian Immigration to Louisiana - Listed on the "Wall of Names" at the Acadian Memorial, located at
> St. Martinville, LA
>
> /The "Wall of Names" at the Acadian Memorial
> Includes:
> Louis LATIER Anne TRAHAN
> Antoine
> Paul
> Elisabeth Marie Anne BENOIT
> (stepdaughter)
> Marie Rose BENOIT
> (stepdaughter)
> Margerite BENOIT
> (stepdaughter)'
> NOTE: The website for the Acadian Memorial doesn't list the surname "Latier", but it lists both
> "Benoit" and "Trahan". Whether "Latier" (or "Ledet") is listed, one would have to see the wall to find out.
> It may be that Louis Latier was not Acadian. He was Marie-Ann Trahan's second husband. Louis Latier and Marie Ann Trahan Benoit were married around 1762 in Maryland, after her husband, Jean Baptiste Benoit died about 1761.
>
> Article from the internet about the Trahan family: The history of the Trahan family is tied to silk weaving in France. The etymology of the name "the one who pulled the silk" used to leave me perplexed, a name known in the Touraine region in the 16th and 17th century. Our research led us to find a bourgeois in Tours and another in Joue-les-Tours. Intriguing, because I had thought Touraine was not a region known for silk production-and later found it was after all, from the days that the king Louis XI (1423-1483) introduced the silk worm and the mulberry tree to feed them around his city of Tours. Just as he brought the silk worms, this king could also have brought the Trahans, the workers of silk.Silk weaving was done in Tours long before it was introduced to Lyon in 1536, although !
Ly!
> on became a silk center. In studying the history of the Languedoc , I discovered the existence of the "Trahandiers" of the Cevennes mountains (see Le Roy-Ladurie: Paysans du Languedoc). It was in Anduze (Gard) that Raymond de Caussargues pulled the first silk thread in 1296 He was the first bona fide "trahandier", silk puller, reeler of cocoons. In the XIV century, the corporation of the trahandiers was flourishing in Anduze, and their wares were selling in markets in Avignon and Beaucaire (Gard). The name "trahandier" strangely was not Languedocian, but French, and came from the vulgar Latin "trahandere". In Provencal, we have the name "magnanier", the silk worm breeder, and "magnan", the silk worm itself.Trahan is supposed to have the same significance as Magnan, both names attached to silk worm breeding. But by what roundabout route would trahandier or trahan cevenol have arrived at the Touraine area? Perhaps we could find the answer by going to Beaucaire at the time !
o!
> f Louis XI.
> Beaucaire, situated on the Rhone River, had the largest trade fair of all of France, and was well attended not only by French merchants, but also Flemish, German, Catalan, and Spanish. Some also came from Balearic Islands, Genoa, Naples, and the Piedmont. Beaucaire was a royal city under Louis XI, whereas neighbouring Avignon was a papal city. These cities both sold the products of the trahandiers from nearby Cevennes. From those noble corporations, this silk was henceforth woven in France. This silk must have pleased the king Louis XI, for he introduced the practice of silk worm breeding in his city of Tours. When we look at today's patronyms in the provinces of France, we see that some of them are still used in the village, or surrounding area, of the same name. The residence of these families is therefore the same as it was at the beginning of th!
e !
> [...]
> Married LOUIS JEANSONNE, born unkn; died unkn
> C) JEAN BAPTISTE BROUSSARD II born November 25, 1816, baptized December 5, 1817 Avoyelles Parish, LA; died unkn
> Married SILVANIE/SYLVANIE ORTEGO, daughter of JOSEPH MARCELLIN ORTEGO and (--?--) LEJEUNE, born about 1821; died unkn
> Married August, 1838 Opelousas Church, St Landry Parish, LA NOTE: Silvanie was seventeen years old at the time of her marriage
> D) ADELINE BROUSSARD born December 11, 1819, baptized June 14, 1820 Avoyelles Parish, LA; died unkn
> E) CELINE BROUSSARD born 1821; died unkn
> Married JEAN PIERRE AYMOND, born unkn; died unkn
> F) VALERY BROUSSARD born August 26, 1822; died unkn
> Married 1st MAHALA unkn, born unkn; died unkn
> Married 2ND MELANIE ORTEGO, born unkn; died unkn
> G) LASTIE BROUSSARD born September 4, 1826; died unkn
> H) OLIVER BROUSSARD born July 14, 1829; died unkn
> Married SUSANNE PAGET, born unkn; died unkn
> I) SOSTHENES BROUSSARD, born March 25, 1834; died unkn
> Married MELINDA SAYES, born unkn; died unkn
> Had eleven children:
> 1) THOMAS JEFFERSON BROUSSARD born January 9, 1857; died unkn
> Married EVELINE LABORDE born unkn; died unkn
> 2) WILLIAM WASHINGTON BROUSSARD born July 23, 1859; died September 23, 1882
> 3) BAPTISTE BEAUREGARD BROUSSARD born August 23, 1861; died unkn
> Married CORNELIA LEONA AYMOND born unkn; died unkn
> 4) MARY IONE BROUSSARD born April 26, 1864; died November 9, 1877
> 5) ALY AMELIA BROUSSARD born October 8, 1866; died April 26, 1868
> 6) DELILA ESTELLE BROUSSARD born August 4, 1869; died unkn
> Married 1st T KEPPT CLOWNEY born unkn; died unkn
> Married 2nd WILLLIAM MARTIN SPENCE born unkn; died unkn
> 7) ALBERTINA BROUSSARD born February 27, 1872; died unkn
> Married ELIJAH FISHER born unkn; died unkn
> 8) MARTIN LEE BROUSSARD born September 8, 1874; died unkn
> Married ARNETTE R AYMOND born unkn; died unkn
> 9) LOLETTE BROUSSARD born March 31, 1877; died September 8, 1885
> 10) LOUIS NATHAN BROUSSARD born October 12, 1881; died unkn
> Married 1st SALLIE MEADOWS born unkn; died unkn
> Married 2nd INA ODESSA KITCHENS born unkn; died unkn
> 11) JOHN WESLEY BROUSSARD born February 25, 1855; died unkn
> Married AIMEE LOUISE LABORDE born unkn; died unkn
> Had seven children:
> a) HARMON BROUSSARD born April 3, 1885; died unkn Married GRACE MABEL MAY BROOKS born unkn; died unkn b) IONE BROUSSARD born about 1882; died unkn Married JAMES (ALEX) CULBERTSON I born unkn; died unkn c) EDNA LOUISE BROUSSARD born April 2, 1890; died unkn Married aboutRL AUGUST HENRY ELTER born unkn; died unkn d) AMY BROUSSARD born about 1892; died unkn Married WILSON CALVERT born unkn; died unkn e) EULALIE AGNES BROUSSARD born June 15, 1896; died unkn Married 1st JOHN HERMOND ANDRE born unkn; died unkn Married 2nd BRUCE BECK born unkn; died unkn f) MARIE LURA BROUSSARD born July 29, 1899; died unkn Married 1st JOHN GEORGE ROULET born unkn; died unkn Married 2nd WALTER ROBERT AUGUS!
T MUEHE born unkn; died unkn g) JOHN HARDEN BROUSSARD born September 30, 1894; died unkn
> [...]
> Avoyelles Parish, P O Marksville Roll 506 Book 1, Page 468a, Subdivision 5, dated August 3, 1870 by Francois Marcel Dumartrait, Assistant Marshall.
> The 1900 Census shows they had been married for 30 years and had a total of 10 children with 8 still alive. 5 were living at home. Francois was fluent in English, but Fidelia was not.
> They were living between Willie & Irma Nicholson and Caesar & Azeline Ducote.
> Avoyelles Parish, Ward 8, Precinct 2, Bodoc, Page 215, Image 11 of 39, Supervisor's Dist 6, Enumeration Dist 22, Sheet 6A, dated June 13, 1900 by A. O. Boyer, Enumerator.
> The 1910 Census shows this couple married for 40 years. They had a total of 9 children with 7 still alive. At home were Oscar, Marie Louise, Eva, Elma, and a 2 year old adopted daughter, Etta V. Mayeux. The family spoke English except Fidelia. She was not able to read, write or speak English. She spoke French. Their son, Hilaire, was married and living 2 doors over.
> Avoyelles Parish, Roll 508, Ward 8, Image 28 of 49, Supervisor's Dist 3, Enumeration Dist 23, Sheet 18B, dated May 2, 1910 by Louis L. Gremillion, Enumerator.
> The 1920 Census shows this couple living on the Bayou Jack Road outside Plaucheville. Still at home were their daughter Elma and their adopted daughter Etta Mayeux.
> Avoyelles Parish, Roll 605, Book 2, Ward 8, Image 23 of 29, Supervisor's Dist 8, Enumeration Dist 13, Sheet 13B, dated January 17, 1920 by Lawrence Neyland, Enumerator
> Lineage of MARIE FIDELIA PLAUCHE: Father: ALEXANDRE L. PLAUCHE/ ETIENNE PLAUCHE and DELPHINE GREMILLION/JOSEPH ALEXANDRE PLAUCHE and EUGENIE BOURGEAT/ETIENNE HENRI PLAUCHE and MARGUERITE SELAM ( married at St. Louis Cathedral, New Orleans, LA)/ETIENNE PLAUCHE (PLOSSE) and MADELEINE VADERACHE (RADERACHE)( married in France before 1749) Mother: ELIZA MOREAU/JOSEPH MOREAU and ORELIEN COCO/PIERRE CELESTIN MOREAU and ADELAIDE (EULALIE) GOUDEAU/JOSEPH VALINTIN MOREAU and MARIE JEANNE ANDRE dit LAFLEUR/MATHURIN MOREAU and MARIE GIRARD/LOUIS MOREAU and JEANNE LAURENCE
> Last Will and Testament of Marguerite Selam, found by Scott Plauche in the Notarial Archives of New Orleans: "I Marguerite Selam, aged about sixty eight years, native of this city and residing here [...], legitimate daughter of the late Sir Jacques Selam and of the late Dame Marie Magdelaine Goleur, my deceased father and mother;I declare having been married to the late Sir Etienne Plauch�, deceased in this city on the fifth of May of this year, of said marriage there [...] six children, i.e. Joseph Alexandre Plauch� aged about thirty six years married presently residing in the parish of Avoyelles in this State, Jean B{aptis}te Plauch� aged about thirty three years also married and residing in this city, Jacques Urb{a}in {Plauch�} aged about thirty years, also married and residing in the parish of Rapides, Mari!
e Magdelai!
> nne Plauch� aged about forty seven years, wife of Sir Jean Jacques Chess� residing in this city, Marguerite M�lanie Plauch� aged about twenty seven years, wife of Sir Jean Vital Michel also residing in this city, and Marie Victoire Plauch�, aged about twenty six years, [unmarried] girl who resides in my company, moreover my grandson named Andr� Plauch� legitimate son of my late son Andr� Plauch� deceased at Pointe Coup�e, which said [..] grandson Andr� Plauch� aged about nineteen years has left from here for [the North] about eight years ago without having any news from him or of his existence, and moreover five children of my late daughter Louise Marguerite Plauch� deceased in this city wife of Sir Fran�ois Chess� residing in this city. I de!
clare having passed on the occa!
> sion of my marriage [with] the above said my deceased husband Etienne
> Plauch� my marriage contract at [... ... ...] of the late Sir Gaire notary in this city, which contract I approve and to which I refer. I declare that the succession of the said late Etienne Plauch�, my husband, is not yet liquidated nor even the inventories done nor begun. Declaring moreover that my above mentioned husband gave his last will {in the hands} of the late Sir Etienne de Qui�ones, notary in this city when still living, to which last will, already homologated by the Court of [...] of this parish, I refer, having asked Mr. Pierre Morel [...] the business of the succession, in his quality of [...] of said succession. I declare that my three above said married daughters, i.e. Dame Jean Jacques Chess�, Dame Jean Vital Michel, and Dame {Fran�ois} Chess� this latter deceased, have each received on the occasion of their wedding the sum of fifteen hundred dollars, by way [...] according to their marriage contract to which I refer. I give and bequeathe in t!
he best form o!
> f law, by way of an advantage and outside their share of inheritance to each of my said four daughters, the sum of three hundred dollars which will be accounted by the executor of my will in money [...] which gives in total twelve hundred dollars, i.e. Marie Magdelaine Plauch� wife of said Sir Jean Jacques Chess�, Marguerite M�lanie Plauch� wife of said Sir Jean Vital Michel, Marie Victoire Plauch� [unmarried] girl, and to the children and representatives [..] said late Louise Marguerite Plauch� deceased wife of Sir Fran�ois Chess�. I designate as executor of my will and [holder] of my belongings the above said Sir Jean Jacques Chess� my son-in-law, authorizing him to act in all matters related to my succession without any intervention of the Law insofar as possible. I institute as unique and universal inheritors and in equal parts, after deducting the bequest, my six !
above said living children, and the r!
> epresentatives of the deceased other two. I annul and revoke any and a
> ll testaments and codicils that I may have done before the present one which I decide as containing my last will." So has this testament been dictated by said Dame testator to said notary who wrote it with his own hand as it was dictated to him [.. ...] and without diverting to other acts and in the presence of the undersigned witnesses, and the notary having read this testament in the same presence to said Dame testator, the latter declared to hear and understand it well and perseverate. Done and passed in New Orleans in the above designated house on the seventh day of the month of June of the year one thousand eight hundred eighteen, the forty second of the American Independence in the presence of Messrs. Andr� Durand, Guillaume M--- and Jean Baptiste ---
> Personal notes from the transcriber: This testament was dictated the day before Marguerite Selam; died. She did not die in her own house but in that of her daughter and Chess� son-in-law. In this will, she favors her daughters, two of whom had married in the Chess� family. The donation that she makes in this document would normally be considered illegal in French law: donations made close to someone's death must be considered as part of the inheritance. The above testament was dictated the day before Marguerite Selam; died. She did not die in her own house but in that of her daughter and Chess� son-in-law. In this will, she favors her daughters, two of whom had married in the Chess� family. The donation that she makes in this document would normally be considered illegal in French law: donations made close to someone's death must be considered as part of the inheritanc!
e. !

> [...]
> Married SHELBY P. GUILLORY, son of HONORE GUILLORY and
> AZEMA WHITMORE (daughter of CELESTINE BROUSSARD, and granddaughter of MAXIMILLIEN BROUSSARD, SR.), born November 11, 1877 Plaucheville, Avoyelles
> Parish, LA; died June 8, 1943; buried Greenlawn Cemetery, lot #15083-A, Hammond, Tangipahoa Parish, LA
> Married 1897 Plaucheville, Avoyelles Parish, LA
> NOTE: In some historical records, you may see "dit SIMON" following the "GUILLORY" surname. This evidently denotes the descendants of Pierre
> Entrance to Greenlawn Cemetery, Hammond, Tangipahoa Parish, LA
> Buried here are Marie Celina Broussard and her husband, Shelby P. Guillory,
> their son Elga Joseph Guillory and his wife, Etta Ruth Thomas, their son, Joseph Eugene Guillory
>
> MARIE CELINA BROUSSARD and SHELBY P. GUILLORY had twelve children:
> A) BIATRICE GUILLORY born August 26, 1897 Plaucheville, LA; died unkn
> B) OLIVIA GUILLORY born November 13, 1898 Plaucheville, LA; died December 25, 1993 Norco, LA at age 95 C) ELGA JOSEPH GUILLORY born September 26, 1900 Plaucheville, LA; died August 9, 1971; buried Greenlawn Cemetery, lot #11078-D, Hammond, Tangipahoa Parish, LA
> D) ELLIS J GUILLORY born March 16, 1902 Yellow Bayou, LA; died August 10, 1985 at age 82
> E) EUNA GUILLORY born September 14, 1904 Plaucheville, LA; died October 19, 1904 Plaucheville, Avoyelles Parish, LA
> F) EULA GUILLORY born October 30, 1905 Plaucheville, LA; died unkn
> G) DINNETTE GUILLORY born March 25, 1908 Plaucheville, LA; died April 22, 1955 H) FEDELIE (ELLIA) GUILLORY born March 19, 1910 Yellow Bayou, LA; died June 24, 1978 at age 68
> I) LOYIS GUILLORY born July 23, 1912 Plaucheville, LA; died October 6, 1985 at 10:15 PM
> J) UDOLA (DOLLY) GUILLORY born October 14, 1914 Hammond, LA, died May 26, 1977 K) PURNEY GUILLORY born April 8, 1919 Morganza, Point Coupee Parish, LA; died November 30, 2001 Norco, LA L) CLAIBORNE GUILLORY born November 20, 1920 Hammond, LA; died June 9, 1924 at age 4
> VII) PAULINE BROUSSARD born September 21, 1875 Plaucheville, Avoyelles Parish, LA, baptized November 25, 1875 at Church of the Assumption, Choupique, Avoyelles Parish, LA; died unkn Married RESAIRE DUCOTE born June 7, 1876 in Mansura, Avoyelles, Parish, LA; died unkn Married November 8, 1896 Mater Dolorosa Catholic Church, Plaucheville, Avoyelles Parish, LA (Priest: Fr. Julien L. Gallop; witnesses: Hilaire Broussard, brother of the bride, Remee (Remi) Guillory, Gilbert Gaspard) Had ten children: A) EUNICE DUCOTE born May, 1898 Plaucheville, Avoyelles Parish, LA; died unkn B) JAMES LEON DUCOTE born 1899 Plaucheville, Avoyelles Parish, LA; died unkn C) VALERIEN DUCOTE born 1901 Plaucheville, Avo!
yelles Parish, LA; died unkn D) MARIE DUCOTE (twin) born 1903 Plaucheville, Avoyelles Parish, LA; died unkn E) VERDA DUCOTE (twin) born 1903 Plaucheville, !