BROWN-L Archives

Archiver > BROWN > 1999-08 > 0934508405

From: "Valerie Upton" <>
Subject: Re: [BROWN-L] Brown's in Madison, AL- info for list
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 20:40:05 -0500

This article was sent in by Freeman Eary, 2510 Cockburn Dr. Austin TX
78745-4339
Joseph Brown born in NC in 1800, married Mary Nancy Holt in NC or GA She
was Cherokee Indian. ( children all born in GA. Mary is thought to have
died in GA agter 1854. 1860 Joseph is living in Blount co AL with 8 of his
children and a married son living next door.
children are.
1. George born 1845- marr Frances M. - children Berry B. Sarah E. Thomas W.
2. John Jackson Brown b. 2-18-1842 - 6-26-1932 in Morgan Co ALmarried Martha
Ryan named Joseph Martin who married Della and had Joseph A. and Maud.
John J. Joseph M., and wifes are buried Cullman Co
3. Helda b. 1844
4. Nancy E. Brown 1846
5. Joseph W." Bud" born abt 1849 with out arms. married Martha Jane LATHAM
in Blount AL on 7-15-1859 their children Wm. J. 1871 married Letha Strange
from Cullman Co AL in1890, Alice b.1874, Andrew Newton b. 6-24,1876, Carlos
Oscar -b.7-6-1879, Thomas 1883, Luke b. 1885, Joseph b. 12-30-1887. This
family moved to Ark and/or Okla prior to 1883 where the younger 3 were born
Joseph W. is prob. buried in Sebastian Co Ar dying after 1883. Martha is
buried at Iron Bridge Cem, Stigler, Haskell Co Okla. they have more records
on this family.
6. James Perry 5-14-1851 married Mary Mahala Ryan had 10 children and is
buried in Creek Co Okla.
7. Martha Jane 6-10-1852 married Jonce A latham in 1871. poss in Blount co.
AL had 8 children Charles Washington, Frank, James, Omah H. Jesse L., Mary
Nancy, Jonce and Jonathan. family lived and many buried in Cullman AL
8. Rebecca 1854
Hope this helps you I only have this article, not my family! Valerie