BROWN-L Archives

Archiver > BROWN > 1999-11 > 0941917457

From: <>
Subject: Re: [BROWN-L] John G. Brown
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 1999 14:44:17 EST

Hi Linda,
We're not sure what the 'G' stands for, however, we suspect that it either
stands for Goodwin, Gibbs or Graves. My ggrandfather, Francis G. Brown, s/o
John G. & Elizabeth (Gibbs) Brown, was b. 1804 in (?) VA, m. Frances J.
Goodwin. He appears to be the oldest child of John G. and may be the only
child of that relationship.
Thank you for your response.
~Virginia

<< Do you know what the 'G' initial stand for?

I have Larkin Brown as father of James G Brown born in Tenn/Kentucky.

Starling Guston Brown born in Tennessee. I believe that Larkin was in

the 1840 Hardin County Census Tennessee w/ wife Frances and children.

That put his (Larkin) birth to be abt. 1808. Starling G Brown had put

down his father being born in Kentucky and his mother, on his Cherokee

application (rejected). James G Brown married to Sarah A C Neal. He

put grandfather as Larkin Brown being in Overton County Tennessee in

1850/1. Place being born for Larkin Brown,Starling put 'I don't know'. I

am looking for any information on my Larkin Brown.

Thank-you for your time.

Linda

Researching: Hensley, Brown,Hollars,

Story.