BRUMBELOW-L Archives

Archiver > BRUMBELOW > 2012-04 > 1333331532

From: "Rick Brumbelow" <>
Subject: Re: [BRUMBELOW] BRUMBELOW
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2012 21:52:12 -0400

Claudia:

My third Great Grandfather came to Georgia from Tennessee. James A
Brumbelow Sr. was born in Anson N.C. in 1781, and apparently stayed until
the birth of at least his first child Lotta in 1805. His father is said to
be the Edward who was born in Virginia in 1747, and I am sure that he is not
the Edward who lived in Gwinnett County. James A Brumbelow Sr. moved to
Rutherdford County Tennessee where my Second Great Grandfather (Jaackson)
was born in 1816. Sometime between 1829 and 1834 he moved to Gwinnett
County Georgia, apparently staying there only a short time before moving on
to Cobb County Georgia where his last child was born. The only information
that James and Jackson was in Gwinnett County is a book The first 100 years
of Cobb County

"According to a book written by Temple, A Short History of Cobb County,
First Hundred Years of Cobb County, Jackson and James moved from Gwinnett
county to Cobb county where they are considered pioneer families. The 1880
Cobb County Census has them living in the Lost Mountain District. Archibald
moved to Arkansas before moving to Jack County, Texas. He shows up in the
1860 census in Jackboro, Texas in Jack County. I cannot find a parent's name
on anything from any of the three brothers. Jackson Y. Brumbelow was born
1816 in Tenn. James A. Brumbelow born 1-12-1818 where? and died 4-7-1876
buried in Methodist Cemetery on the Old Austell Road in Powder Springs, GA.
[FAMILY~2.FTW]"

It appears to me that the Edward who hows on the 1820,1830 and 1840 census
was born between 1790 and 1800, which means the first census that he would
probably appear on would be the 1820 census. When he would be between 20
and 30 years old.

Could the Edward in Gwinnett County be in the same generation as James, and
James left Tennessee to follow him there before moving on to Cobb?? I know
that I might be completely wrong in my reasoning, since I really don't
understand the way or timing of the formation of the Counties, but I thought
I would put it out there for what it is worth.

Rick