BRYSON-L Archives

Archiver > BRYSON > 2002-10 > 1034375389

From: "Marty Grant" <>
Subject: Re: [BRYSON] Brysons at King's Mountain?
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 18:29:49 -0400

William Bryson (Sr) (married Isabella Holmes - Way too old to fight in the
Revolutionary War
Children:
1. James Holmes Bryson (1740/50-c1835). Alleged to have fought at Kings
Mountain, I've seen no proof.
2. John Bryson (c1755). Alleged ". No proof.
3. William M. Bryson (c1750). Alleged. No proof.
4. Andrew Bryson (c1752). Alleged. Son applied for Pension as heir of
Andrew, was rejected for lack of proof.
5. Samuel Bryson (c1754). Pensioner.
6. Daniel H. Bryson (1756). Pensioner.

So you can see of the six sons, all were supposedly at Kings Mountain, but
only two are proven (Samuel and Daniel) and they are both pensioners. None
of the others left us any kind of paper trail of actual service. Andrew's
son James N. Bryson applied for a pension, but was rejected.

Marty Grant (Marvin Grant Jr)
e-mail:
web: http://www.martygrant.com