BUCKLEY-L Archives

Archiver > BUCKLEY > 1997-11 > 0879185944

From: <>
Subject: BUCKLEY Cornelius (N.Y., Ky., Ohio, Ill.) early 1850s
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 13:19:04 -0500 (EST)

I am new to this list, so please bear with me! I am helping my father-in-law
search for information about Cornelius Buckley (born 1814, died 1906) and his
wife Ellen Sullivan Buckley (born 1815, died 1903).

They were originally from Mallow in County Cork, Ireland. They came to the
U.S. in May, 1849 and lived in Onondaga County, N.Y. for several years, then
it's believed they lived briefly in Kentucky and Ohio before settling in Zuma
Township, Rock Island County, Illinois, by 1856.

Cornelius' brother Timothy came to the U.S. in 1850 with his wife Elizabeth.
they brought Cornelius and Ellen's daughter Margaret with them. Cornelius
and Ellen had eight or nine children: We know of Matthew, Margaret
(O'Connell), Patrick, Elizabeth (Sister Vincentia), Mary (Benson), William,
Ellen (Enright) and Cornelius, Jr.

We know Cornelius also had a brother John, and a sister, Mary Buckley
Lawless, who settled in Illinois. There may have been another brother, Dan,
who went to Texas.

Any information about any of Cornelius' relations either in the U.S. or
Ireland would be greatly appreciated.

Cathy Buckley

This thread: