BUCKS-L Archives

Archiver > BUCKS > 2005-05 > 1116323311

Subject: Re: [BKM] Hannah MAPLEY and James COMPTON
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 05:48:31 EDT

Hi Suzie

You don't say when your James COMPTON was born. I have looked on the 1851
census and have found a James COMPTON aged 7 living with, what is shown as,
his widowed mother, although she is listed as 70, so he could be her grandson.
I'll show it below just in case he's the one.

CASTLETHORPE
Piece 1723 Folio 795 Schedule 0019
Mary A. COMPTON HD W 70 F Lacemaker Hook Norton OXF
Hannor COMPTON DA U 25 F Lacemaker Stoney Stratford BKM
James COMPTON SO 7 M Newport Pagnell BKM
Thomas COMPTON SO 5 M Newport Pagnell BKM
Charles COMPTON SO 3 M Castle Thorpe BKM
John COMPTON SO 5m M Castle Thorpe BKM

I have also found a Hannah MAPLEY aged 5, as below:

GT.LINFORD & STANTONBURY
Piece 1723 Folio 287 Schedule 0057 High Street
John MAPLEY HD M 38 M Ag. Lab Great Linford BKM
Ann MAPLEY WI M 35 F Great Linford BKM
Ann MAPLEY DA 8 F Lacemaker Great Linford BKM
Hannah MAPLEY DA 5 F Lacemaker Great Linford BKM
William MAPLEY SO 3 M Great Linford BKM
Fanny MAPLEY DA 11m F Great Linford BKM

These are the only James COMPTON and Hannah MAPLEY under the age of 20 that
are listed. Hope this helps

Eileen

This thread: