BURGENLAND-NEWSLETTER-L Archives

From: <>
Subject: [BURGENLAND-NEWSLETTER-L] BB News No. 69B dtd 30 Nov 1999
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 09:34:20 EST

THE BURGENLAND BUNCH NEWS -No. 69B
(issued biweekly by
November 30, 1999

This third section of the 3 section newsletter has information concerning the
Gibiser Gasthaus, Ethnic Excerpts from the 1906 Allentown Call-Chronicle,
Ethnic Music from Al Meixner, LDS Civil Record Microfilm and URL and Member
Changes.

GIBISER GASTHAUS IN HEIGENKREUZ UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT (from Albert Schuch)

Just a short note to let you know that the Gasthaus Gibiser has now
officially been taken over by Gerlinde, Edith Gibiser's niece. They made a
big celebration out of it with guests including the governors of both
Burgenland and Styria. (Ed. Note:-we have often mentioned this gasthaus in
southern Burgenland. It is a world class establishment and we hope it
continues to operate in the fine tradition established by Edith Gibiser. Many
members have the "Gibiser" family name in their genealogy.)

A NEW AUSTRIAN CENSUS? (via Lea Simitz Buzby & Rootsweb)

(Ed. Note-Can any of our members comment on this source?)