BURGENLAND-NEWSLETTER-L Archives

Subject: [BURGENLAND-NEWSLETTER-L] BB News No. 85B dtd 31 July 2000
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 07:56:12 EDT

THE BURGENLAND BUNCH NEWS -No. 85B
(issued biweekly by
July 31, 2000

This third section of the 3 section newsletter contains notice about Format
Changes to our Village and Surname Lists, notice of the Third Minnesota BB
Picnic, a Simultaneous BB Meeting For Austrian Members, More On Slavic Names
In Austria, notice of US Census Going On-Line, a recipe for Poppy Seed
Filling, a request for information about the Strobl Eisenburg Trio, Village
of Unterwaldbauren, Gülly Name and Member Changes (we have 12 new members).

FORMAT OF HOMEPAGE VILLAGE AND SURNAME LISTS TO CHANGE

As our lists grow and more internet hardware appears on the scene, it becomes
necessary to change our list formats so everyone can read them. Bill Rudy and
Tom Steichen report they are doing just that. All this takes time away from
regular updates so be patient if your data does not appear for a few weeks.

One member writes: I am having a problem with your village pages now that the
BBunch has grown. I have webtv and a 3.0 browser. Because of this, I am not
able to get all of the names of the villages being researched. Those of us
who don't have a 4.0 or higher are not able to have full access to long
pages. (Ed.-both Tom and Bill agreed to accommodate the request.)

THIRD BURGENLAND BUNCH MINNESOTA PICNIC (from Susan Peters and Hap Anderson)
(also see notice on homepage)

The plans for the Burgenland Bunch (and other interested parties) picnic have
been finalized. Here are the specifics: