BURGENLAND-NEWSLETTER-L Archives

Subject: [BURGENLAND-NEWSLETTER-L] BB NEWSLETTER 91 ADDENDUM
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 08:40:54 EST

NOTE-EITHER MY SERVER AOL OR ROOTS-L TRUNCATED ALL THREE NEWSLETTERS FOR
DECEMBER 31,2000. I'LL BE TRYING TO DETERMINE THE REASON, MEANWHILE FOLLOWING
ARE THE ARTICLES WHICH WERE NOT INCLUDED. PROBABLY AN UNANNOUNCED EMAIL SIZE
LIMITATION. SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE. G. BERGHOLD

NEWSLETTER 91 ADDENDUM

COMMENTARY ON AUSTRIA-2000 (courtesy Bob Unger and "Forbes Magazine")

(ED. Note: Bob Unger sent the BB Staff the following as a Christmas greeting.
I'd like to share some short excerpts of this good news from the "Heimat.")

Bob writes:
"Its not often that a major magazine in the USA, "Forbes", publishes a
commentary on Austria. The following was obtained from <forbes.com> under
the subject of commentary for this 25 December 2000 issue. I thought that
the BB staff would find this article interesting. It ends with the following:

"Austria's present level of prosperity and its prospects for the near term
are strong arguments that Austria is an excellent place in which to invest
and an even better place in which to live."

Commentary by Caspar W. Weinberger, "Forbes Magazine", 12.25.00
(We have only excerpted short segments, ... indicates more data preceded or
followed)

AUSTRIA AT THE END OF 2000

* Austria, the linchpin between Eastern and Central Europe and the
springboard from which Western trade with the newly democratic countries of
the East begins, is in excellent condition. Almost all the standard economic
measures are favorable...

* The absurd attempt by the EU (led by France) to impose sanctions on
Austria, because some members did not like the center-right government voters
elected last year, did no damage...

* Austria is the third-richest (measuring by per capita GDP) EU country...

* Foreign investment, including nearly $4 billion from the U.S., continues
apace...

(Newsletter continues as no. 91A)

NEWSLETTER 91A ADDENDUM

EDITOR'S ADDITION-Many of the Hungarian village church records microfilmed by
the LDS (villages not ceded to Austria in 1921) do predate 1828. My own
experience with Pinkamindszent took me back to 1737. Some others are as early
as the late 1600's. Check the LDS microfilm Hungarian index.

If you visit Austria and plan to look for pre 1828 records, contact
Burgenland Editor Dr. Albert Schuch for requirements and instruction on how
to use the Eisenstadt Diocesan Archives. The BB has arranged for individual
permission to access these records (those which predate the village church
records) and we do not wish to jeopardize our welcome (an appointment is
absolutely necessary and you must be capable of finding and reading the
records yourself. You must be well versed in reading these records and
thoroughly familiar with all of the names of the pertinent villages and their
parishes.

(Newsletter continues as 91B.)

NEWSLETTER 91B ADDENDUM

Margarete Nada; ( ); Shelby Twp. , Michigan. Gabriela
BENEKER from Ödenburg (Sopron, Hungary) settled in Sarasota, FL. Kathrin
KNABEL , from same place settled in Mt. Clemens, Michigan. Anna EITLER,
Ödenburg, settled in Philadelphia, PA. Margarete NEMETH, sister of Anna
Eitler settled in Daytona Beach, FL.

Susann Piccinino; ( ) Richwoods, MO. Grandmother, Anna VON
GOTT, born 1900 to Maria BAIERL and Johann Von Gott, was orphaned 1904 at the
Orphanage, Kloster Neuburg. Anna Von Gott married Joseph WANDERER from the
village Breitenbrunn(Hungarian name Fertöszeleskut)in the district of
Eisenstadt in 1929. Rosalia Wanderer married an American soldier 1950 and
emigrated to the US.

Bernard Pratschner; ( ); Vista, CA. PRATSCHNER, WURZER,
Gerisdorf. SCHLEGEL (SCHLÖGEL), PUHR, Bubendorf. Settled and homesteaded in
the Fingal, Barnes county, ND area.

Lynne K. Ranieri; ( ); Short Hills, NJ. HOLLENDONNER,
PUM. Deutsch Ehrensdorf . Settled in Trenton, NJ and Pennsylvania, some near
Philadelphia and some near Jeanette, PA.

Bonnie Lackner Schantzenbach; ( ); Macungie PA .
Grandfather John LACKNER, Kukmirn. (grandmother was from Vienna...
WIESENEDER.) We believe she married a man with the name of Hafner (not sure
of spelling). My grandfather settled in the area of Allentown, PA.

Peter Tarnai, ( ); D-91161 Hilpoltstein, Simon FISCHER , born
ca. 1715 in Neuiedl am See, Burgenland

Joseph.N.Weber; ( ); Newark, DE;
ZOTTER, LANG, MANDL, DEUTSCH (DEUTZ), SCHÜTZ St. Martin a. d. Raab, Neumarkt
a. d. Raab, UnterDrosen, Jennersdorf. ZOTTER, LANG, and MANDL immigrated to
the Pittsburgh, PA, area.

Linda L. Wilson, ( ); New Lenox, IL. PAUSZ, Weinberg
(Wiesfleck), BUNDSCHUCH, Weinberg & Reidlingsdorf, PRATSCHER, BRUCKNER,
PUTZ, SCHONHERRU, Oberschützen, all to Chicago.

Darcy Wright; ( ); Jamesville, NY . FASSL, HALPER. Litzelsdorf
(district of Oberwart-Hungarian Lödös).

CHANGE

Annette Barritt formerly - now

Please update my email address for the member list.
Mary Bahe; ( )

Robert Gibiser: New address

We now have a new e-mail address - Mary and Gus Gyaki

Al Kennedy ("NEW" ); Lombard, IL; MAIER, BARTOLOWITS;
Poppendorf, Szent Gotthard; Immigrated to Wisconsin. OLD-Al Kennedy;
();

From: (Erich Kumbusch)
We have a new e-mail address!!!

e-mail address for Susan LaFollette to .

From: (Norm Pihale)
If possible, I would like the BB web site to use:
under all headings.

- Fred J Reckker, Please change my E-mail address to the
following:

From: (Stephen Steiner)
I have a new e-mail address: <>. old .

Received an email address change for Béla Turcsányi.
Old address: New address:

e mail address change FROM: TO: .
John Weinzettle (Weinzetl).
(note-new address was refused)

END OF NEWSLETTER

BURGENLAND BUNCH STAFF Coordinator & Editor Newsletter>
(Gerald J. Berghold; Winchester, VA )
Burgenland Editor> (Dr. Albert Schuch; Vienna &
Kleinpetersdorf, Austria)
Home Page Editor> (Hap Anderson)
Internet/URL Editor> (Anna Tanczos Kresh; Butler,PA)

Contributing Editors:
Austro/Hungarian Research> (Fritz Königshofer)
Burgenland Co-Editor> (Klaus Gerger, Austria)
Burgenland Lake Corner Research> (Dale Knebel)
Chicago Burgenland Enclave> (Tom Glatz)
Croatian Burgenland> (Frank Teklits)
Home Page village lists> (Bill Rudy)
Home Page surname lists> (Tom Steichen)
Judaic Burgenland> (Maureen Tighe-Brown)
Western Hungary-Bakony Region> (Ernest Chrisbacher)
Western US BB Members-Research> (Bob Unger)
WorldGenWeb -Austria, RootsWeb Liason-Burgenland > (Charles
Wardell, Austria)

BB ARCHIVES>(can be reached from Home Page hyperlinks) or a simple search
facility (enter date or number of newsletter desired) can be found at:
http://www.rootsweb.com/~autbur/bbnlarch.htm#simple

BURGENLAND HOME PAGE>
http://www.spacestar.com/users/hapander/burgen.html

WORLDGEN WEB BURGENLAND QUERY BOARD
http://cgi.rootsweb.com/~genbbs/genbbs.cgi/Austria/Burgenland

Burgenland Bunch Newsletter distributed courtesy of (c) 1999 RootsWeb.com,
Inc. <http://www.rootsweb.com/>; P.O. Box 6798, Frazier Park, CA 93222-6798

Roots Web BB newsletter archives index and threaded search facility available
from http://www.rootsweb.com/~autwgw/bbnlarchx.htm

Newsletter and List Rights Reserved. Permission to Copy Granted IF CREDIT IS
PROVIDED.

This thread: