BURGENLAND-NEWSLETTER-L Archives

Subject: [BURGENLAND-NEWSLETTER-L] BB Newsletter 92 Addendum
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 10:20:38 EST

Subj: BB NEWSLETTER 92 ADDENDUM
Date: 1/31/01

ROOTS-L AGAIN TRUNCATED ALL THREE NEWSLETTERS FOR JANUARY 31,2001. I'M STILL
TRYING TO DETERMINE THE REASON, MEANWHILE FOLLOWING ARE THE ARTICLES WHICH
WERE NOT INCLUDED. PROBABLY AN UNANNOUNCED EMAIL SIZE LIMITATION. SORRY FOR
THE INCONVENIENCE. G. BERGHOLD

NEWSLETTER 92 ADDENDUM
Last paragraph:

Also, since you can send email to everyone on the list, could you do me a
favor and ask people to email if they need a look up in
Vol. 353 passenger lists for ships that arrived in New York City between Aug.
9, 1901 and Aug. 13th. I am trying to write down everyone that left from
Hungary in case anyone needs it in the future, but it would be easier if I
knew if anyone was looking for passenger lists from that time frame.
Newsletter continues as No. 92A

NEWSLETTER 92A ADDENDUM
Last article:
(ED. Note: Fuller Park is a suburb of Chicago and was (is) home to many
Burgenländers and their descendants. Chicago still has many active ethnic
clubs and organizations.)

BELATED THANKS (Frank Teklits & Fritz Konigshofer)

Frank writes: Fritz, You have done many things for the BB & for me in the
past, and I must make sure that I thank you properly. On 4/1/2000 you
forwarded an email message to me with information that you uncovered in the
Széchényi library, found in Kálmán Horváth books on nobility. At the time
this email arrived, I was immersed in the digitizing the old Szentpeterfa
Church records, birth & marriages, of the period 1681 to 1796. I also took
John Lavendoski's fine analysis of my lineage, & set it aside for the same
reason.

Having completed the work on the marriage records dating from 1683-1796,
along with the 1st pass through the birth records, I took a small break &
structured the marriage & birth records of my lineage found in these records.
This allowed me to positively identify my ancestors through one Frank Teklits
who was married on 1/26/1769 to a Catherine Horvath; however with the sparse
information provided in these old records, there was no positive method of
linking him to the numerous Teklits marriages & births I've accumulated.

After assimilating the data in your email, lo & behold, there was a fantastic
linkage provided in your 4/1/00 email, in the phrase "Francisci Condam
Teklics Filius Franciscus habet filios Joannem et Georgium, Georgius rursus
Franciscum". Having seen another Franciscus Teklits married on 7/1/1736 to
another Catherine Horvath, the data from the Kálmán Horváth books links my
lineage positively back another generation to his birth, assumed to be in the
1710-1715 time frame. I thank John Lavendiski for providing me the same
result many months earlier, but as I'm positive that he understands, it was
something that had to verify by myself.

I hope to soon begin tracing Dr. Geosits sources. He writes in his text
"Szentpeterfa/Prostrum/Petrovo Selo" that the nobility census of 1696 shows
only two noble families (John Arvay, & Nicholas Teklits) living in
Szentpeterfa, and that the 1728 Conscriptio Regnicolaris (census) refers to
"Nobilus Functos Colonicantes Possidentes (Noble land owners), and to the
heirs of John Arvay, Sigismund Niczki, & Nicholas Teklits (Sr.). Hopefully
one of these sources, among others, can provide another linkage to an earlier
Teklits ancestor, tying us to one of the Teklits family records found in the
1680 or 1690 time periods.

I extend my thanks again for your outstanding research, since as you can see,
it was vital in establishing a firm link across another generation gap in my
lineage.

Fritz writes: Frank, Thank you very much for your message. I am glad that
you had time to return to the notes I had sent on April 1 of last year, and
that they served a good purpose.

By the way, I have long since gone through LDS's Vienna residency records for
female bearers of the name Juracic hailing from Szentpéterfa, but still have
to find the time to write and send these notes to you and John Lavendoski.
This will coming your way some time in the future.

Now I have a question. I recently went through my old notes from church
records regarding an ancestor, Josef Fürsatz, who had been the village
teacher in Pilgersdorf from around 1830 till the mid 1840s or even the early
1850s. What has eluded me is what happened to him in Pilgersdorf, or whereto
he had transferred from there. However, his widow, Rosalia nee Berger, died
in Eberau (Monyorókerék) on January 6, 1881, and was buried at the cemetery
of Kulm (Kólom). This was recorded in the parish of Szentpéterfa.

When she died, Rosalia Fürsatz nee Berger most likely lived with her son
Anton Fürsatz who, I believe, was the notary public at Eberau at the time.
However, from my notes I do not understand why she was buried in nearby Kulm.
Since you have copies of all the parish records of Szentpéterfa, could you
check whether all the deceased of Eberau were interred in Kulm? The death
record states that she was the widow after schoolmaster Josef Fürsatz,
without further village reference. This raises the possibility that Josef
Fürsatz might have taught in Eberau or Kulm.

When you have computerized the records (including vital events in Kulm and
Eberau), could you perhaps find the death of Josef Fürsatz in Kulm, or
possibly Eberau, from 1850 onwards. However, my notes say that I did look
through the death records of the Szentpéterfa parish from 1860 onwards.
Apparently, I did not browse through the decade of the 1850s.
Newsletter continues as No. 92B

NEWSLETTER 92B ADDENDUM

Member Changes & Staff Listing
New

Frieda Smith; ( );Oxnard, CA. GUMHALTER, SAMER and
TABELLI (DABELLI), Litzelsdorf (Hungarian name Lödös), district of Oberwart.
Settled in Buffalo, NY 1910-15.

Dave Sommers; ( ); Whitehall PA. SOMMER, YAGERHOFER,
GUTTMANN. Güssing, Grossmurbisch. Settled in Coplay PA.

Julius Karl Steiger; ( ); Omaha, NE. STEIGER, BERNHARDT,
MADER, KREISINA, HAUSER. To Canada in 1954 from Sopron, Hungary via Frankfurt
on Main, Germany.

Laura Trinkle-Mulcahy; ( ); Dundee, Scotland.
TRINKLE (TRINKL). WEBER. Southern Burgenland-Güssing area? Settled:
Allentown, PA 1910-1916.

CHANGES

Gene Andert-old email address was: . My new email address
is:

William Dimovitz-delete my email address and add my
home email address:

Michelle Ernst, my email was it is now

Jim Huber-change my email address from to JimHuberSr.com

Jeffrey Kurz; From: please show my address as

Joe Liebezeit - I have a number of changes so I resubmit the entire entry:
Joe Liebezeit (), Arcata, CA. LIEBEZEIT, MALITS,
TASCHNER, JANDRESITS, TURKOVITS, Grossmurbisch, Reinersdorf,
HOFFMANN,GESCHEL, MAHR, Pornoapati, Gaas, Settled: Pittsburg, PA (early
1920's)

Mary Morey; Old address: New email address:

Bob Sbertoli-change my E-mail address from to
.

Donna Sheraden-From: change my email address to:
.

Tom Steichen-new email address is (old was
) and my BB Surnames pages are now at:
http://home.triad.rr.com/steichen/BurgenlandBunch/surnames.html.

Christine Steiner-changing to

End of newsletter.

BURGENLAND BUNCH STAFF Coordinator & Editor Newsletter>
(Gerald J. Berghold; Winchester, VA )
Burgenland Editor> (Albert Schuch; Vienna &
Kleinpetersdorf, Austria)
Home Page Editor> (Hap Anderson)
Internet/URL Editor> (Anna Tanczos Kresh; Butler,PA)

Contributing Editors:
Austro/Hungarian Research> (Fritz Königshofer)
Burgenland Co-Editor> (Klaus Gerger, Austria)
Burgenland Lake Corner Research> (Dale Knebel)
Chicago Burgenland Enclave> (Tom Glatz)
Croatian Burgenland> (Frank Teklits)
Home Page village lists> (Bill Rudy)
Home Page surname lists> (Tom Steichen)
Judaic Burgenland> (Maureen Tighe-Brown)
Western Hungary-Bakony Region> (Ernest Chrisbacher)
Western US BB Members-Research> (Bob Unger)
WorldGenWeb -Austria, RootsWeb Liason-Burgenland > (Charles
Wardell, Austria)

BB ARCHIVES>(can be reached from Home Page hyperlinks) or a simple search
facility (enter date or number of newsletter desired) can be found at:
http://www.rootsweb.com/~autbur/bbnlarchx.htm

BURGENLAND HOME PAGE>
http://www.spacestar.com/users/hapander/burgen.html

WORLDGEN WEB BURGENLAND QUERY BOARD
http://cgi.rootsweb.com/~genbbs/genbbs.cgi/Austria/Burgenland

Burgenland Bunch Newsletter distributed courtesy of (c) 1999 RootsWeb.com,
Inc. <http://www.rootsweb.com/>; P.O. Box 6798, Frazier Park, CA 93222-6798

Roots Web BB newsletter archives index and threaded search facility available
from http://www.rootsweb.com/~autwgw/bbnlarchx.htm

Newsletter and List Rights Reserved. Permission to Copy Granted; Provide
Credit.

This thread: