BURNETT-US-L Archives

Archiver > BURNETT-US > 2002-01 > 1010073348

From: Beverly Peavler <>
Subject: [BURNETT-US] Dolly BURNETT, Bedford, TN
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2002 08:55:48 -0700

Time to ask again, I think, whether anyone on the list has information
about Dolly BURNETT, the aunt of my ancestor Nathaniel G. BROWN. She must
have been born well before 1800, as she must have been at least middle-aged
in 1835, when she executed a deed of gift to Nathaniel Brown (reproduced
below). I would be grateful for any information about Dolly Burnett's
family and her connection to Nathaniel Brown.

Quoted from "Land Deed Genealogy of Bedford County, Tennessee," p. 265
(Deed Book "HH"): "Page 326 - 28 Sep 1835. Dolly Burnett to Nathaniel
Brown. Deed of Gift. Dolly Burnett of Bedford Co., TN one part and
Nathaniel Brown, her nephew, of Bedford Co., other part. For natural love
and affection for her nephew Nathaniel Brown, and for caring for her during
her natural life, has given him personal property. Negroes and stock, all
in possession of Dolly Burnett. Wit: Samuel Escue and George W. Hoover.
Reg: 19 Feb 1839."

Other information: Nathaniel G. BROWN was born in Tennessee in about 1801
or 1802 and died in Henry County, MO, in 1858 or 1859. He married
Alice/Alcy ANGLIN in Tennessee ca 1822. They appear on the Bedford County
1830 census, but I cannot find Dolly Burnett there. Children of Nathaniel
and Alcy were: Sarah, Susan, John P., Peyton, Nathaniel Jr., Thomas B., and
Joshua.

Nathaniel G. Brown may have been the son of John Brown and Sarah GIST, who
m. in Washington County, TN, in 1793. If so, Dolly Burnett's maiden name
would have been Brown or Gist.

Thank you, and Happy New Year,
Beverly Park Peavler

This thread: