BURNS-L Archives

Archiver > BURNS > 2000-07 > 0963584624

From: "John and Sue Burns" <>
Subject: Re: [BURNS-L] William Burns ???
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 10:23:44 -0400

Ellen,
Sorry to have taken so long to reply. My John was born in 1780, which would
sugest that his father, (Maybe William?) would have been born around 1757 or
prior to that, I am uncertain if John had any brothers or sisters, or if so
, they were older or younger. If they were older, his father would have to
have been born earlier than 1757. There was about seven men named John Burns
in Bucks county Pa in 1800. A cousin of mine was there and went through
everything she could find and was unable to determine which one was ours.

Schuylkill is a seperate county from Bucks county. It is to the west of
Bucks county. My John however had a son born in New Philadelphia, Schuylkill
county in 1826, Edward Thompson Burns. I have traced him out and have all
but a place of death and burial. I even have a date of death but just can't
find out where.

If we have a connection here it is going to take some digging to find it I
think.

As for the Burns that moved to N.Y. State, they were in Ontario county, and
I have only the name of the father, and two sons. The father and one son
died there and another in Michigan.

The only connection to the Buffalo area thet I have ever found was Edward
Thompson had a daughter who was living there in the 1880's, probably going
to school, and she ended up in Ohio.