BUSBY-L Archives

Archiver > BUSBY > 1998-05 > 0894735344

From: "Elizabeth Chatterjee" <>
Subject: Rev John F. Busby
Date: Sat, 9 May 1998 12:35:44 -0500

My, my....this puzzle isn't only getting solved, but I'm finding all kinds
of new cousins. I'm going to repost what us cousins (Jackie, Marilyn and
me) know and see if there's another of us out there to help fill the gaps:

Rev John F. Busby, born 4-9-1794 in South Carolina (according to 1850
census)
Married Penelope ???, born 1795 in Georgia

John F. Busby patented land in Sumter Co. Alabama in 1834
He is in the 1840 census in Sumter Co. Ala
He patented land in Mississippi in 1841 on the same date and in the same
office as William and Shepherd Busby. He did not live on this land, it was
for speculation
He is in the 1850 census in Sumter Co. Ala
He moves to Louisiana in 1853 and patents land there, Bossier Parish, two
of his daughters marry there
He dies there 6-9-1855

The children of Rev. John F. Busby were:

1. John J. B. Busby, born ?, married Amanda M. F. Jones in Sumter Co Ala in
1847
2. Harriett, born ? married Samuel Curtis in Sumter Co. Ala in 1835
3. Hester Ann, born ?, married Joseph P. Greenlee in Sumter Co. Ala in 1834
4. James M., born 1821
5. William G., born 1828
6. Jesse J. born 1830, married Elizabeth M Gee
7. Martha Jane, born 1830, married A. J. Heard in 1854 in Bossier Parish,
La (moved to Texas)
8. Mary C., born 1836, married Thomas Clinton Heard in 1855 in Bossier
Parish, La (moved to Texas)

There are several Busby's listed in the 1790 census in SC - one John.
Could be John F.'s father?

Anyway, this is what we know so far. Anybody recognize any of our folks?

Thanks,

Elizabeth Chatterjee

This thread: