BUTLER-L Archives

Archiver > BUTLER > 2001-11 > 1005259152

From: "Ed Butler" <>
Subject: [BUTLER-L] Northern Ireland & Wexford, Dublin Butlers
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 17:39:12 -0500

Dear List,
This is to announce the online presence of yet another Butler site. It is for the Donegal, Inishowen Butlers, but will be of interest to Butlers from Wexford and Dublin. I say this because 2 branches of the Butlers from the 1600's departed Inishowen to set up families in the Wexford and possibly Dublin areas. For those Butlers that are interested in the Wexford and Dublin material just scroll down to the part that has to do with Capt. William Butler and Capt. George Butler II.
After almost 30 years of genealogy I have yet to run across a Butler family in the U.S. that is hunting their ancestry, that are from Donegal and Inishowen. Perhaps there are Butlers who have gone back to the 1600's in the Wexford and Dublin areas that may have some connection. Check it out. Love to hear from some one who can connect...........Ed Butler up.so. the net address is:
http://www.geocities.com/doodlerb/history.html

This thread: