BUTLER-L Archives

Archiver > BUTLER > 2007-04 > 1177611444

From: "Jeanette" <>
Subject: Re: [BUTLER] BUTLER
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 13:17:24 -0500

Hey Donna!

I have the parents of Zachariah Butler b. 4 Mar 1773 NC as
Samuel Butler b. abt 1735 maybe Halifax Co., NC and Mary Womack b. abt 1740.

Zac's wife was Rebecca Lock b. abt 1774 NC m. abt 1795 NC. Zac married the
second time to Mary McDaniel and had more children. Rebecca's parents were
Rebecca Cooper and Leonard Lock b. abt 1716 Philadelphia, PA. There is a
book in many libraries titled "Leonard Locke, about 1658 - 1711 and
Descendants". It is great - it is still for sale, I think.

Samuel Butler's parents were Joseph Butler b. abt 1705 VA and Mrs. Dorothy
Butler.

Joseph Butler's parents were John Butler b. abt 1670 Charles City Co., VA,
and Mary Wallace.

Another book you may want to find is:
Family History of the Butlers of Brunswick and Cumberland Counties, North
Carolina