BYRD-L ArchivesArchiver > BYRD > 2003-08 > 1060202608
From: "john" <>
Subject: [BYRD-L] William Byrd - Generations 25, 26, 27, 28
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 16:46:33 -0400
Generation No. 25
25 . WILEY BYRD was born January 29, 1831, and died January 22, 1864. He married MARY (POLLY) GRIFFIN. She was born 1834.
Children of WILEY BYRD and MARY GRIFFIN are:
i. SARA BYRD, b. 1855.
ii. WILLIAM ASBERRY BYRD, b. 1857.
iii. AUGUSTUS BYRD, b. 1859.
iv. WILEY BYRD, b. 1863.
26. WILLIAM B. BYRD was born October 15, 1853 in Bullock County, Georgia, and died January 03, 1922 in Cander County, Georgia. He married (1) MARY JANE ROGERS December 09, 1877, daughter of JOSEPH ROGERS and SARAH HOLLAND. She was born 1859 in Tattnall County, Georgia, and died Abt. March 1883 in Tattnall County, Georgia. He married (2) GEORGE ANN BISHOP July 03, 1885 in Bullock County, Georgia, daughter of GEORGE BISHOP and ELIZABETH HENDRICKS. She was born August 18, 1868 in Bullock County, Georgia, and died July 07, 1933 in Georgia.
Notes for WILLIAM B. BYRD:
Burial: Primative Grove Cemetery in Canter County, Georgia with his second wife George Ann Bishop Their headstone reads, "There will be no parting there."
He was a Farmer.
After his children from his first wife were old enough to take possession of the farm, William sold it to them and moved off the old homestead.
He later purchased 78.3 acres in 1915. (See Candler County, Georgia Deed Book 1, page 179.)
William was known by the name "Bill Cordy."
No one remembers where the name came from.
Older family members believe William's middle initial may have stood for "Beecher."
William is listed in the 1920 Candler County, Georgia Census (Evergreen District),
ED 44, sheet 4A.
He owned his own farm, but it was mortgaged.
He was a general farmer, working for himself.
Notes for MARY JANE ROGERS:
Mary Jane's dress caught fire while she was quilting by the fire.
She was holding her youngest child in her lap while she was quilting.
When her dress caught fire, she jumped up and began to run.
The family could not stop her and she burned to death.
She was buried in the Bird Cemetery in Tattnall County, Georgia.
This cemetery was destroyed by Jake Daughtry.
Today a field stands where the cemetery once was.
There are no head stones left standing.
William and Mary Jane Bird lived on 150 acres of land on the Wolf Creek in Tattnall
Mary Jane purchased the land on February 14, 1879, from J. R. Collins for the sum of $150.00.
Notes for GEORGE ANN BISHOP:
Burial: Primative Grove Cemetery, Metter, Candler County, Georgia.
This cemetery has been destroyed.
It was located in Jake Daughtry's field.
Children of WILLIAM BYRD and MARY ROGERS are:
i. LULA BYRD.
ii. LONNIE BYRD.
iii. SALLIE BYRD.
Children of WILLIAM BYRD and GEORGE BISHOP are:
iv. DEBBIE BYRD.
v. BESSIE BYRD, b. March 01, 1893, Tattnall County, Georgia; d. March 03, 1896, Tattnall County, Georgia.
Notes for BESSIE BYRD:
Burial: Bird cemetery in Jake Daughtry's field, which he destroyed.
vi. JAMES B. BYRD, b. October 28, 1895, Tattnall County, Georgia; d. May 18, 1910, Tattnall County, Georgia.
Notes for JAMES B. BYRD:
He went to the Industrial School in Statesboro,Georgia.
He cut his foot on a plow and died of blood poisoning.
vii. EVA JANE BYRD.
viii. WILLIE MAY "MACIE" BYRD.
ix. ANDREW JACKSON BYRD.
x. MERTIE BYRD.
27. JEFFERSON F. BYRD was born January 05, 1862 in Bullock County, Georgia, and died March 23, 1946 in Candler County, Georgia. He married ARLINE C. COWART March 19, 1890 in Tattnall County, Georgia, daughter of EDWARD COWART and ELVINA COLLINS. She was born February 20, 1875, and died April 11, 1948.
Children of JEFFERSON BYRD and ARLINE COWART are:
i. MATTIE JANE BYRD.
ii. MAGGIE BYRD.
iii. COHEN BYRD.
iv. EVIE "DUCK" BYRD.
v. ALMA BYRD.
vi. MAUDE BYRD.
vii. FLORENCE BYRD.
viii. LAURA BELL BYRD.
ix. ELOISE BYRD.
x. NELL BYRD.
xi. PAT FINE BYRD.
28. DAVID ERASTUS BYRD was born March 14, 1856 in Bullock County, Georgia, and died February 27, 1937 in Bullock County, Georgia. He married ADA ANN BLAND October 25, 1885 in Bullock County, Georgia. She was born April 10, 1861 in Bullock County, Georgia, and died May 22, 1937 in Bullock County, Georgia.
Notes for DAVID ERASTUS BYRD:
Burial: Upper Lotts Creek Cemetery, Bullock County, Georgia
Notes for ADA ANN BLAND:
Burial: Upper Lotts Creek Cemetery, Bullock County, Georgia
Child of DAVID BYRD and ADA BLAND is:
i. LEROY T. BYRD.
29. WILEY BYRD, JR.was born December 10, 1853 in Coffee County, Georgia, and died Abt. 1936 in Jeff Davis County, Georgia. He married (1) ELIZABETH LOTT KIRKLAND January 12, 1878. He married (2) BETTY KNOWLES Abt. 1900. She died 1933 in Jeff Davis County, Georgia.
More About WILEY BYRD, JR.:
Burial: Byrd Cemetery
More About BETTY KNOWLES:
Burial: Byrd Cemetery
Children of WILEY BYRD and ELIZABETH KIRKLAND are:
i. QUITMAN BYRD, b. February 16, 1886; d. August 1944, Jeff Davis County, Georgia; m. MARY FLETCHER, Abt. 1905; d. July 1970, Jeff Davis County, Georgia.
More About QUITMAN BYRD: Burial: Byrd Cemetery
More About MARY FLETCHER: Burial: Byrd Cemetery
ii. DAVID BYRD, b. April 15, 1882; d. November 28, 1914.
iii. MITCHELL BYRD, b. March 28, 1886; d. April 23, 1914.
iv. TRUITT BYRD, b. Abt. 1884.
Child of WILEY BYRD and BETTY KNOWLES is:
v. FRANK K. BYRD, b. October 05, 1911; d. September 21, 1995.
Notes for FRANK K. BYRD: Buried Byrd Church
30. AARON BYRD, SR. was born March 13, 1855 in Cofffee County, Georgia, and died March 12, 1920 in Jeff Davis County, Georgia. He married MARY LINNIE GASKIN December 24, 1882. She died September 1934 in Jeff Davis County, Georgia.
More About AARON BYRD, SR.:
Burial: Byrd Cemeyery
Children of AARON BYRD and MARY GASKIN are:
i. JOSEPH BYRD, b. Abt. 1886.
ii. AARON BYRD, JR., b. Abt. 1887.
iii. ANNA BYRD, b. Abt. 1890; m. HENRY C. ELLIS.
31. SHERARD BYRD was born January 24, 1859 in Coffee County, Georgia, and died June 19, 1936. He married REBECCA TINY WILCOX August 02, 1885. She died December 1936 in Jeff Davis County, Georgia.
More About SHERARD BYRD:
Burial: Byrd Cemetery
More About REBECCA TINY WILCOX:
Burial: Byrd Cemeyery
Children of SHERARD BYRD and REBECCA WILCOX are:
i. WINNIE WILCOX BYRD, m. MONRO WILLIAMS.
ii. WILEY THORPE BYRD, b. November 21, 1889; d. October 31, 1962.
iii. SUSIE BYRD, b. Abt. 1890.
iv. IBIE BYRD, b. Abt. 1890; d. July 1985; m. ARLEY WILLIAMS.
32. THOMAS J.BYRD was born December 16, 1861 in Coffee County, Georgia, and died October 08, 1925 in Jeff Davis County, Georgia. He married FRANCES (FANNIE) LOTT January 14, 1883. She was born July 30, 1865 in Coffee County, Georgia, and died December 15, 1922 in Jeff Davis County, Georgia.
More About THOMAS J. BYRD: Burial: Byrd Cemetery
More About FRANCES (FANNIE) LOTT: Burial: Byrd Cemeyery
Children of THOMAS BYRD and FRANCES LOTT are:
i. INFANT DAUGHTER BYRD, b. July 08, 1884.
ii. ELIZA (SWEET) BYRD, b. June 02, 1885, Broxton, Coffee County, Georgia; d. February 16, 1965, Broxton, Coffee County, Georgia; m. CLAYTON CARLY ATKINSON, December 28, 1913, Broxton, Georgia; b. January 05, 1889, Dodge City, Rhine, Georgia; d. February 17, 1986, Jeff Davis County, Georgia.
Notes for ELIZA (SWEET) BYRD:Buried Byrd Church
Notes for CLAYTON CARLY ATKINSON: Buried Reedy Branch Cemetery
iii. AVIE BYRD, b. August 26, 1888; d. April 12, 1908.
Notes for AVIE BYRD: Buried Byrd Church
39. iv. THOMAS JEFFERSON BYRD
v. MAMIE BYRD, b. September 27, 1893; d. March 13, 1895.
vi. WINNIE BYRD, b. August 03, 1896; d. November 24, 1912, Jeff Davis County, Georgia; m. M. D. COLLINS.
Notes for WINNIE BYRD:Buried Byrd Church
Notes for M. D. COLLINS:Doctor Collins came to South Georgia and married Winnie.
He was later prominent in state politics and held high state office in education.
He was the superintendent of Georgia schools.
vii. ALLIE BYRD, b. January 08, 1900; d. February 03, 1985; m. GLEN C. WIETMAN.
40. viii. HINTON BYRD
41. ix. ROY BYRD
33. ROBERT LEE BYRD was born October 26, 1864 in Coffee County, Georgia, and died September 28, 1946 in Jeff Davis County, Georgia. He married (1) CATHERINE GASKINS Abt. 1880. She died September 1903 in Jeff Davis County, Georgia. He married (2) LAVADA RODDENBERRY November 11, 1908. She died August 1961.
Notes for ROBERT LEE BYRD: Buried Byrd Cemetery
Notes for CATHERINE GASKINS: Buried Byrd Cemetery
Notes for LAVADA RODDENBERRY: Buried Byrd Church, Georgia
Children of ROBERT BYRD and CATHERINE GASKINS are:
i. THARPE E. BYRD, b. July 18, 1884; d. October 22, 1918; m. THELNA UNKNOWN.
ii. INFANT DAUGHTER BYRD, b. Abt. 1891.
42. iii. ROBERT ELMO BYRD
iv. KATHLENE BYRD, b. Abt. 1895.
v. ZENE BYRD, b. Abt. 1897.
vi. INFANT SON BYRD, b. Abt. 1898.
vii. FANNIE BYRD, b. Abt. 1900.
viii. ELBERT BYRD, b. April 10, 1903; d. December 10, 1956.
More About ELBERT BYRD: Burial: Byrd Church
Children of ROBERT BYRD and LAVADA RODDENBERRY are:
ix. ROBERT LEE BYRD II, m. MARY HENTON.
x. THELMA BYRD.
xi. ARVIL D. BYRD, b. April 16, 1928; d. July 10, 1942.
More About ARVIL D. BYRD:Burial: Byrd Church
34. THARP BYRD was born March 30, 1867, and died February 18, 1938. He married MOLLIE NABORS.
More About THARP BYRD Burial: Byrd Cemetery
Children of THARP BYRD and MOLLIE NABORS are:
i. LUCY BYRD.
ii. WASHINGTON THARP BYRD.
iii. PRICE BYRD.
iv. GRACE BYRD.
v. GRADY BYRD.
vi. HUDSON BYRD.
vii. TWIN SONS BYRD.
35. JOHN N. BYRD was born August 10, 1870, and died May 05, 1921. He married BEULAH HULETT Abt. 1905.
More About JOHN N. BYRD:Burial: Byrd Church
More About BEULAH HULETT:Burial: Byrd Church
Children of JOHN BYRD and BEULAH HULETT are:
i. JUANITA BYRD.
ii. FRED BYRD.
iii. ENGLISH BYRD.
Notes for ENGLISH BYRD: A Minister
36. ARCHIE WARREN BYRD was born December 06, 1878 in Coffee County, Georgia, and died January 02, 1962. He married (1) NORA LILIAN RENFROE October 01, 1899. He married (2) VERA ANDREWS August 11, 1907.
Child of ARCHIE BYRD and NORA RENFROE is:
43. i. HOMER BYRD.
37. JEHU E. BYRD was born February 07, 1862 in Ware County, Georgia, and died 1938. He married MARTHA ANN HENDERSON December 22, 1887.
Children of JEHU BYRD and MARTHA HENDERSON are:
i. BLANCHE BYRD, b. June 23, 1889; m. PERRY ETHAN BOND.
Notes for BLANCHE BYRD: Buried Southern Memorial Park, Biloxi, Mississippi
ii. VIDA BYRD, b. February 11, 1891; d. February 15, 1891.
iii. VERTA BYRD, b. February 12, 1892.
iv. EVA BYRD, b. September 04, 1894.
v. BASIL BYRD, b. October 17, 1896; d. June 10, 1942.
vi. HENDERSON BYRD, b. August 05, 1909.
38. SHEROD ANTHONY BYRD was born June 22, 1874 in Lowndes County, Georgia, and died June 20, 1944 in Montgomery, Montgomery County, Alabama. He married IRA MAUDE HYMAN December 25, 1900 in Moultrie, Georgia. She was born April 08, 1886 in Jewell County, Georgia, and died February 22, 1958 in Montgomery, Montgomery County, Alabama.
Children of SHEROD BYRD and IRA HYMAN are:
i. MYRTICE INEZ BYRD, b. 1905; m. (1) T. H. BAKER; m. (2) E. C. CHAPMAN.
ii. DELBERT BENITO BYRD, b. 1906; m. MABEL KATHERINE HOLDER.
44. iii. VERNON BRUCE BYRD
iv. LEON HARVEY BYRD, b. January 16, 1910; d. August 07, 1995, Montgomery, Montgomery Co., Alabama.
v. THELMA BYRD, b. 1911; m. UMPHERY SHERMAN LENAHAN.
vi. HAZEL BYRD, b. 1914; m. JAMES E. CRIPPEN.
vii. LILLIAN HORTENCE BYRD, b. 1915; m. HANCIL BURLESON.
viii. VERA MAE BYRD, b. 1918; m. CAMIE H. STANSBURY.
ix. CLARENCE THURMAN BYRD, b. 1920; m. CONNIE LOIUSE STEWART.
45. x. JAMES AUBREY BYRD
Generation No. 26
39. THOMAS JEFFERSON BYRD was born February 01, 1891, and died January 17, 1956. He married EFFIE BLAYLOCK Abt. 1913.
Notes for THOMAS JEFFERSON BYRD: Buried Byrd Church
Children of THOMAS BYRD and EFFIE BLAYLOCK are:
46 i. THOMAS WINSTON BYRD
47. ii. JEFF WILLARD BYRD, SR
40.. HINTON BYRD was born February 02, 1902 in Broxton, Georgia, and died December 19, 1982. He married (1) FANNY DAY Abt. 1925. He married (2) MARTHA BERNICE DURDEN October 31, 1941.
Notes for HINTON BYRD: Buried Byrd Church
Child of HINTON BYRD and FANNY DAY is:
i. REBA ELAINE BYRD, b. September 03, 1923; m. ELLIOTT EUGENE LYMAN, Abt. 1943.
Child of HINTON BYRD and MARTHA DURDEN is:
ii. JENNIFER BTRD, b. November 12, 1946.
41. ROY BYRD was born April 27, 1904, and died June 24, 1947 in Broxton, Georgia. He married JIMMIE LEE TOMLINSON March 07, 1926.
Notes for ROY BYRD: Buried Broxton Cemetery, Broxton, Georgia
Notes for JIMMIE LEE TOMLINSON:Buried Broxton Cemetery
Children of ROY BYRD and JIMMIE TOMLINSON are:
48. i. ROY THOMAS BYRD
ii. ALINE BYRD, b. July 01, 1929; d. August 22, 1997; m. EIDSON URIAH BURCH, December 26, 1950.
42. ROBERT ELMO BYRD was born August 09, 1901, and died November 20, 1961. He married PHOEBA DEAN.
Children of ROBERT BYRD and PHOEBA DEAN are:
i. MALKLEAN BYRD, b. July 05, 1931; m. CARL CLAYTON ATKINSON, Abt. 1957.
ii. KATHERINE BYRD, b. February 10, 1934; m. JACK HENDERSON POWELL.
43. HOMER26 BYRD
Child of HOMER BYRD is:
i. PATTY27 BYRD, m. JOHN B. ELLIS.
44. VERNON BRUCE BYRD was born August 17, 1908 in Pelham, Mitchell Co., Georgia, and died July 16, 1988 in Chico, Butte Co., California. He married NAOMI SAYLOR.
Children of VERNON BYRD and NAOMI SAYLOR are:
i. LESSIE PAULINE27 BYRD, m. KENNETH EDMUND GALLETTE.
49. ii. VERNON BRUCE BYRD.
iii. DORIS VIRGINIA BYRD, m. GEORGE WESLEY MCCLINTOCK.
iv. TERESA ANN BYRD, m. (1) EWARD ANTHONY WEAVER; m. (2) ARTHUR FRANK FREEMAN; m. (3) FREDRICK STEVEN ZINCHIAK.
45. JAMES AUBREY BYRD was born 1924, and died 1983. He married (1) MARY CATHERINE HIX. He married (2) JOSEPHINA MARIA MUNOZ.
Children of JAMES BYRD and MARY HIX are:
i. JULIUS ANTHONY BYRD, b. 1946.
50. ii. JERALD WAYNE BYRD
iii. JAMES MITCHELL BYRD, b. 1950.
Generation No. 27
46. THOMAS WINSTON BYRD was born Abt. 1914, and died September 21, 1987. He married JUANITA HEDDEN.
Notes for THOMAS WINSTON BYRD:Lived in Decatur, Georgia and worked for the post office.
Child of THOMAS BYRD and JUANITA HEDDEN is:
i. DIANE28 BYRD, b. March 19, 1954; m. WILLIAM PAUL GLIDWELL.
47. JEFF WILLARD27 BYRD, SR.was born February 16, 1916, and died February 25, 1983. He married INEZ DAY.
Notes for JEFF WILLARD BYRD, SR.:
Doctor Willard Byrd, a Veterinarian and a MD pathologist in Thomasville, Georgia
Children of JEFF BYRD and INEZ DAY are:
51. i. JEFF WILLARD BYRD, JR
ii. CAROLYN SHAE BYRD, b. June 10, 1952; m. DAVID HENLY.
48. ROY THOMAS BYRD, DR. was born August 01, 1927, and died Abt. 1991 in Douglas, Georgia. He married (1) NANCY CLARK December 28, 1950. He married (2) MARIAN YANTES CUTLER July 12, 1973.
Children of ROY BYRD and NANCY CLARK are:
52. i. ROY THOMAS BYRD, JR.
ii. ELIZABETH EMILY BYRD, b. June 23, 1954.
53. iii. JEFFERY WILLIAM BYRD
49. VERNON BRUCE BYRD He married SYLVIA BLOOMFIELD.
Children of VERNON BYRD and SYLVIA BLOOMFIELD are:
i. DALE ALLEN28 BYRD, m. LOIS COMEAUX.
ii. NANCY CATHERINE BYRD, m. ROBERT KIMBALL.
iii. ROBERT BRUCE BYRD.
iv. ELAINE SUSAN BYRD, m. WILLIAM EDWARD IRWIN.
50. JERALD WAYNE BYRD was born 1948. He married (1) BARBARA JEAN STANFIELD. He married (2) NANCY JEWELL BOZEMAN COOPER.
Child of JERALD BYRD and BARBARA STANFIELD is:
i. HEATHER RENEE BYRD, b. 1970; m. ROBERT PALO.
Child of JERALD BYRD and NANCY COOPER is:
ii. MICHAEL ZACHARY28 BYRD, b. 1974.
Generation No. 28
51. JEFF WILLARD BYRD, JR.was born December 28, 1948. He married PAT MCHONEY.
Children of JEFF BYRD and PAT MCHONEY are:
i. EMILY29 BYRD, b. June 13, 1978.
ii. MOLLY BYRD, b. April 23, 1980.
52. ROY THOMAS BYRD, JR was born November 02, 1950. He married (1) SUSAN JEAN SAMPLE June 23, 1970. He married (2) STEPHANIE HORNER July 28, 1978.
Child of ROY BYRD and SUSAN SAMPLE is:
i. THOMAS AUSTIN SEBASTIAN29 BYRD, b. September 04, 1970.
Children of ROY BYRD and STEPHANIE HORNER are:
ii. SAMUEL AUSTIN29 BYRD, b. November 08, 1979.
iii. ELIZABETH CHANDLER BYRD, b. October 04, 1981.
53. JEFFERY WILLIAM BYRD was born September 23, 1955. He married RACHEL DOAN September 29, 1984.
Children of JEFFERY BYRD and RACHEL DOAN are:
i. DANIEL CLARK BYRD, b. November 20, 1985.
ii. MOLLIE LITTLETON BYRD, b. October 14, 1988.
iii. RYAN TOMLINSON BYRD, b. May 21, 1990.