BlackSheep-L Archives

Archiver > BlackSheep > 2001-06 > 0991782701

From: "Jan Garland" <>
Subject: Re: [BS-L] Blood Types
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 16:11:41 -0700

I do think that the Germanic tribes were Celts, going way back, way before
Caesar. Perhaps so the Gauls and Franks. Not sure about the Helvetians
(Swiss), but probably also.

Very interesting to me was the show about the mummies in the Gobi desert of
China. Many of them are red haired, round eyed caucasions, very tall, and
wearing tartan-plaid woolen fabrics in a twill weave. The wool came from
western European sheep. And these people lived 6000-9000 years ago.

So, I'm thinking, from the way they were described, they were Celts who had
been living in an area of Germany. Or France. I do wonder why no weapons
have been found buried with them. They were such a feuding bunch, I'd expect
some of them to have been buried with their weapons, in an effort to
duplicate their lives in the great beyond, but perhaps the metal or the
weapons themselves were too precious, or perhaps they just didn't have that
burial custom.

> I have believed that all germanic tribes (Gauls) were Celtic. I know
France is Celtic, and France was once a part of Gaul (divided into parts of
three by Caesar). Anybody know anything more about this?

> Kurt Pickering wrote:
>
> > Gee, Carole ...
> >
> > I'm AB negative, yet I've never found a line anywhere but Western Europe
> > either. A couple or three U-K lines, and everybody else is German. In
> > fact, assuming none of my Brits are Celts (and I don't have any reason
> > think they are), they're ALL Germanic.
> >
> > Hmm.
> >
> > And closed circuit to Sherri -
> >
> > I've heard of antegens somewhere. I think it was an old Star Trek
episode!
> > (Or maybe college biology....)
> >
> > Researching these 8 greats:
> > Pickering-Snyder-Roach-Teegardin-Hodges-Evans-Kantner-Shifflet
> > + a few more key surnames:
> > Orndorff-Kinsey-Beall-Kimmel-Foote-Loveless-Dunham-Bechdolt-Ary-Brackney
> > And, of course, many more!
> >
> > Peruse our entire GEDCOM at

http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?db=kpickering&I11.x=34&I11.
y=8

> > ONWARD AND BACKWARD!
> > Kurt Pickering, IBSSG
> > La Vergne, TN

> > ---
> > TENDER LAMB CORNER: If your Blacksheep is still living, or public
posting may cause trouble, send the information to our TLC Coordinator, Sue
Bates; , Confidentiality maintained.