BlackSheep-L Archives

Archiver > BlackSheep > 2002-06 > 1025138870

Subject: [BS-L] Re: BlackSheep-D Digest V02 #651
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 20:47:50 EDT

In a message dated 6/26/2002 5:36:59 PM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

> Herb disdains his Scudders. He says:
>
> "My Scudder line goes back to Judge Lothrop, who married Elizabeth Scudder
> in
> 1644. So much for Scudder!"

Please forgive my flippancy. There are also a lot of Scudder ancestors
antecedent to John Scudder. My focus is on North American ancestors and the
only Scudder, per se, that I have is Elizabeth, and she became Elizabeth
Lothrop (or Lathrope in 1644.

It has been a fascinating experience to discover so many distinguished
families with which there is common connection. And you're right, the
Scudders have many distinguished progeny.

Thanks for the feedback.

Herb Melendy

This thread: