BlackSheep-L Archives

Archiver > BlackSheep > 2007-09 > 1188708371

From: "Julia Everett" <>
Subject: Re: [BS] theft of intellectual property
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2007 04:46:11 +0000

If you will give the details: the whos, whats, whys, how you found out, etc,
so I can speak intelligently about it, I will be happy to assist you.

And Mr. Scism, what office did you contact? A state branch, or National?
Julia

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Dora Smith" <>

OK, Julia, you're in charge of ascertaining their interest in this.

Let us know what they say.

And there I rest my case. Never mind their explanation - just tell us if
they are interested.

But the fact that some overly ambitiously enterprising corporation tries
something doesn't mean it will hold up in court. Ancestry is sezing so
much, so quickly, much of it is plainly trial balloons.

History is full of long successions of corporations, and even government
entitites with more honest intent, trying things and getting told, in the
words of a former professor of mine, "uh-uh. You can't do that."

Yours, Dora Smith

> Hello, Dora ~
>
> Not at all - their mandate is to protect all American civil liberties
> found
> in the Constitution and Bill of Rights. They have been a great service to
> the citizens of our country our country by getting bullies to stop
> infringing on the rights of citizens. They were involved in Brown vs the
> Board of Education, they joined the lawsuit supporting that NJ
> second-grader's right to sing "Awesome God" at a talent show, and they
> defended Oliver North when he was convicted using tainted testimony. If
> ancestry stole the intellectual property of 1000s of family historians,
> that's a large class of people being trampled!
>
> What is the higher power of which you speak? If it's God, isn't he
> supposed
> to help those who help themselves? If it's a lawyer, what greater power
> have behind you than the full weight of the ACLU attornies?
>
> Confused by your posting, Julia
>

> ----Original Message Follows----
> From: "Dora Smith" <>
>
> You could get higher powered than the Civil Liberites Union. Anyhow,
the
> ACLU mostly gets upset when pedophiles' right to abuse small children is
> threatened.
>
> Jeff, it really wouldn't hurt to see a lawyer.
>
> Yours, Dora Smith

Kick back and relax with hot games and cool activities at the Messenger
Caf. http://www.cafemessenger.com?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_SeptHMtagline1

This thread: