CA-DEATH-INDEX-L Archives

Archiver > CA-DEATH-INDEX > 2000-12 > 0976397694

Subject: [CADI] Obit for Jose Manuel Boronda, 1 August 1878/Monterey County, & others
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2000 16:34:54 EST

>From Salinas Daily Index, dated 17 November 1920:

OVER FORTY YEARS AGO
Reprinted From Salinas Index of August 1, 1878

Don Jose Manuel Boronda, who died on Wednesday afternoon, was 77 years of
age. He passed away suddenly, the only premonition he experienced being a
pain in the region of his heart and that commencing but a short time before
death. Deceased was a brother of Don Jose Eusebio Boronda, of Dona Petra
Allen of Monterey and Don Canuto Boronda of San Luis Obispo, having also a
sister residing in Santa Barbara county, and was the father of the following
named, who, together with Dona Juan Cota de Boronda, his wife, survive him:
Mrs. Juan Pomber, Mrs. Josefa Espinosa, Mrs. Luciano Castro, Mrs.Augustin
Escobar, Mrs. Francisco Soberanes, Mrs. Jose Maria Vasquez; Messrs. Juan de
Mata, Francisco, Ygnacio, Manuel, Santos and Antonio Boronda. The funeral on
Thursday afternoon was largely attended.

Marriage Licenses
Since our last report licenses to wed have been issued by Couty Clerk Markley
as follows:

July 23 -- Teodoro Robles and Miss Virginia Rodriguez, both of San Antonio.
July 26 -- L.R. Galloway of Blanco and Miss Mary Hamel, of Monterey City.
July 27 -- Pedro Via and Miss Ernestina Maquimelto, both of Salinas.

++++++++

>From Salinas Daily Index, dated 7 June 1916:

MARRIAGE LICENSE

Patrick Avila, Gorda and Manuela Boronda, Lucia.

This thread: