CA-ONT-CEMETERIES-L Archives

Archiver > CA-ONT-CEMETERIES > 2004-07 > 1090001174

From: Freda <>
Subject: Monuments
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 12:06:14 -0600

I am really enjoying the info about cemetery symbols and monuments etc. Does anyone have information as to the life-expectancy of the various materials or where this could be found. Some of the old marble stones are still in excellent shape with very readable print, and some 10-year old stones are losing their images. I know there is a real variance in costs for
the different materials, but what about the skills of the engraver or the
elements which would destroy the materials.
Freda Stewart
Calgary

This thread: