CAMPBELL-L Archives

Archiver > CAMPBELL > 2005-03 > 1111609245

From: "Lynden Harris" <>
Subject: Re: [CAMPBELL] HISTORY OF SOME EARLY CAMPBELLS OF NELSON COUNTY
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 15:20:45 -0500

Lilly;

In 1740's the area of todays Nelson County would have been a portion of
Albemarle County and it appears that the Reverend circuit took him into
portions of what are Nelson, Amherest, Albermarle and even Fluvanna counties
today. Hatt Creek, where Rose lived, would have been in what is the middle
of Amherst and Nelson counties today. I do not think that Lawrence, Neil,
Frances or Henry Campbell were in his circuit but George, John, James would
have been. Also, clans like the Cash's, Powells, Higgenbottoms,and many
others.

The 1740's, in my opinion was a little early for George Campbell, John,
Campbell, or James Campbell - all of whom who would have lived north and
west of present day Piney River - the division line between Nelson and
Amherst counties. Regards, BH