CAMPBELL-L Archives

Archiver > CAMPBELL > 2005-06 > 1118738516

From: "Diarmid Campbell" <>
Subject: RE: [CAMPBELL] Campbell Genealogy
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 09:41:56 +0100

Gloria,

Thanks for Rev. Gigi's Genealogy.

As I expect you are aware, the section about Ireland is mixed up (as in
Margaret Pilcher's book) and several efforts at research there have so far
failed to clarify the facts, while the rest may be fine.

The 18th century family genealogy found recently shows:

Duncan = (not Mary McCoy but) Mary Ramsay of the Dalhouse family (Scotland)
their son:
John Campbell
had a son:
John Campbell = Mary McCoy?
had a son:
John Campbell = Grizzle Hay (Grizzle was Scots for Grace)
had two sons:
(1)Patrick Campbell (living in 1752) = Elizabeth Taylor and (2)David
Campbell = Mary Hamilton
Patrick & Elizabeth had a son:
Charles Campbell = Margaret Buchanan
Their son was Gen. William Campbell
of King's Mountain

David Campbell, (2 above) and Mary Hamilton (whose father's mother was dau.
of John C. & Mary)
had a son Arthur Campbell = his cousin Margaret, sis. of Gen. Wm C.
had a son William Campbell.

I hope this helps.

Diarmid
(Campbell, Argyll, Scotland)