CAMPBELL-L Archives

Archiver > CAMPBELL > 2006-09 > 1158582126

From: "Glenda Geraci" <>
Subject: [Campbell] Henry Franklin Campbell , Florida
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 08:22:06 -0400

I have a brick wall.......Hope someone can help. My GGGrandfather was Henry
Franklin Campbell, born 7/18/1844 (year on his tombstone, but family never
did agree on the actual year, (1838-1844) as he listed it different on
different records) On census records he shows his birth place as Florida.

He was a confederate soldier and after the war married Harriett Hightower
from Georgia.

I believe his parents were James and Rebecca Campbell, but not yet been able
to connect him without doubt. Older family members remembered a grandmother
Rebecca, but other family members thought his father's name was John.

I found a James and Rebecca Campbell in the census records and they had a
son Henry F. about the same age as my GGGrandfather. They also had a son
William Wesley Campbell who died in Virginia of wounds received in the Civil
War. Henry F. named his first son, William Wesley.

I last find James and Rebecca Campbell in the 1860 census living in New
River Co., FL. Other family members were also living in this county. This
county soon after became part of Baker and Bradford Co. I find no record of
them after that.

Henry Franklin and Harriett Campbell are buried in an old Primitive Baptist
Church cemetery near Ormond Beach, Florida. He died 1/17/1913 and Florida
has no death certificates for that year.

Any information or suggestions from anyone would be most helpful.
Thanks

This thread: