CAN-BC-OBITS-L Archives

Archiver > CAN-BC-OBITS > 2002-06 > 1024246685

From: Gloria White <>
Subject: [CAN-BC-OBITS] June 16, 2002 Vancouver
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 09:58:05 -0700

In Memoriams (06/16/02)
BLEUE _ Leslie. In loving memory to my dear husband, father and "Papa", who passed away
June 16, 1984. His Memory is as dear today As in the hour he passed away. Always loved
and remembered by his wife Edna and family. We miss you "Papa"

BLOCK _ Peter passed away on Father's Day, June 17, 2001. Remembering you is easy We do
it everyday Missing you is the heartache That never goes away _ Love Gloria, Bev,
Elaine, Ron and family.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY Robert David Justin Gervais Not a day goes by, when you're not in our
thoughts and in our hearts. We miss you very much Dad and wish you were still with us. _
Love your sons, Paul, Jordan and Adam.

Macdonald - Angus, May 3 1925 - June 16, 1993 Gone but never forgotten. Missed by Family
and Friends. Happy Father's Day, Dad

Morgan - Leonard Jerome June 15th, 2000 Many times I've missed you Many times I've cried
If love alone could have saved you You never would have died - I miss you sweetie - Your
Dusty

Obituaries (06/16/02)
The Province notes the following deaths in today's paper HIGGS McKENZIE PLANT YULE

HIGGS _ Patricia Ann passed away quietly in her home Sunday, June 9th, 2002 with her
family by her side. She is survived by her loving husband Barry; son Darcy (Shelly);
daughters Sara (Mike) and Justine and grandsons Tavian and Liam. Pat will be remembered
for her sense of humor and kindness. She will be dearly missed by all who knew her. A
celebration of Pat's life will be held Monday, June 17th at the Salvation Army Church on
Caribou Road at 11:00 a.m. WE LOVE YOU NANA

McKENZIE _ David Duncan. Passed away peacefully in Nanaimo June 1, 2002. Born in
Vancouver May 26, 1914, Dave spend all his life on the coast of B.C. Co-Founder of Tymac
Launch Service of Vancouver with his father Alexander (Sandy) McKenzie. Retiring in the
70's to Gabriola Island, there spending his remaining years. Predeceased by first wife
Isobel, second wife Holly and sister Janet Deas. Survived by daughter Marcia Larrivee
(Wayne) of Gabriola Island, 3 grandchildren and 2 great-grandchildren Dave Gray, Darlene
Gray and son Jesse of Maple Ridge, Jerry Gray (Margita) and daughter Taylor of
Pemberton. Also survived by brother Gerald McKenzie of Maple Ridge and sister Betty
Keaunul of Hawaii, several nieces and nephews. No service.

PLANT _ John Albert - It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of a beloved
husband, father and grandfather on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 at The Royal Columbian
Hospital in New Westminster. Born in St. Thomas, Ontario on November 7, 1931, son of the
late William John (1988) and Lilly May (Loehr) Plant (1978). John is survived by his
wife Helen Anne (Heber) whom he married in Winnipeg, Manitoba on August 17, 1956. He is
survived by his two sons, John William and his wife Judith Plant of Surrey and Robert
John and his partner Kim of Kamloops. Also survived by grandchildren, Ting Kritkhom at
home, Matthew Heltman and Colby Plant of Kamloops, Kevin and Elizabeth Plant of Surrey.
He is also survived by a sister Betty Fischer of Kitchener, Ontario, father-in-law and
mother-in-law John and Elizabeth Heber of Kitchener, Ontario and many nieces and
nephews; predeceased by niece Janet Wallbank (Fischer) (1993). John had a lifelong love
of motorcycles and was a founding member of the Canadian Wings and later the Pacific
Wings and was actively involved in the drill team, travelling and performing in Canada
and the United States. John was a long time participant in the Vancouver Toy Run,
raising funds and collecting toys for underprivileged children at Christmas; involved in
crowd control and support for Abbotsford Air Show for several years; numerous athletic
events throughout British Columbia and more recently, for the past several years, John
has been involved in the Burnaby Citizens Crime Watch. John was actively involved in
sports activities, etc. throughout the growing up years of his sons and grandchildren.
John has been highly regarded in his association with family, friends and associates and
will be sadly missed by all. Funeral service will be held on Wednesday, June 19, 2002 at
2:00 p.m. at the Valley View Funeral Home, 14660 - 72 Ave, Surrey, B.C. Ph: 604
596-8866. In lieu of flowers donations may be made to Burnaby Citizens Crime Watch,
Burnaby RCMP, 6355 Deer Lake Ave, Burnaby, B.C. V5G 2J2

YULE _ Edith Ivy of Burnaby, passed away June 14, 2002 at the age of 88 years. She was
predeceased by her husband James and is lovingly remembered by her family, her son, her
2 grandsons and her 6 great-grandchildren as well as other relatives and friends.
Graveside service will be held on Tuesday June 18 at 10:30 am. at Valley View Memorial
Gardens 14660 72 Ave., Surrey.

This thread: