CAN-BC-OBITS-L Archives

Archiver > CAN-BC-OBITS > 2005-06 > 1118154576

From: Dennice Goudie <>
Subject: Victoria Times-Colonist; June 5, 2005
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2005 07:29:36 -0700

Victoria Times Colonist Sunday, June 5, 2005 canada.com

Death Notices and Guest Books for 6/5/2005

Appleby, Constance Winnifred
APPLEBY, Constance Winnifred (nee Brown) September 7, 1926 May 31, 2005
Passed away peacefully at Saanich Peninsula Hospital with her loving family
at her side. Connie was born in Vancouver and at an early age, with her
family, moved to Cloverdale, then to Campbell River and in 1943 settled in
Victoria where she met her special love Ken and married in 1949. Connie was
predeceased by her sisters, Claire, Marge and Gwen and her brother, Jack.
She leaves behind her loving husband Ken and sons Steve (Sandra), Dave
(Kathy), Rick (Leslie) and Jay (Esme), sisters Francis Coombs, Donna (Jim)
Olver, Joanne (Harry) James, sister-in-law, June Heck and her many precious
grandchildren. The family would like to thank the doctors and staff at the
Pallative Care Unit at the Saanich Peninsula Hospital. A memorial service
will be held on June 25, 2005 at 2pm at First Memorial Services, Royal Oak,
4725 Falaise Drive. 96209
Published in the Victoria Times-Colonist from 6/4/2005 - 6/5/2005.
Guest Book

Beauchesne, Saylah Michele
BEAUCHESNE, Saylah Michele Our third daughter, Saylah Michele, was stillborn
at 3:52 pm on Sunday, May 15, 2005. She was born in silence we will never
hear her cry. Although she has not lived or breathed outside her mother's
womb, she is greatly missed and greatly loved already. The depth of our love
for her and the depth of pain we feel at her loss are more than words can
express. We are in the process of working through our grief and the pain of
letting go of the dreams the future held for this beautiful, sweet child.
Saylah will be missed by her Mom & Dad, Trysta and Bud, her sisters, Sophie
and Ella, her Papa, Bob Chong, her Nana and Gramps, Karen & Stephen Davis,
her Grandpa and Grandma, Hector & Donna Beauchesne, her great grandmothers,
and her many aunts, uncles, and cousins. We want to thank our family, Kim
Millar-Lewis, Madeleine, our church families, and the many friends and
neighbours for loving and supporting us through this difficult time. We
appreciate your thoughts and your prayers. We take comfort in knowing that
Saylah is now dancing with our Lord Jesus Christ in heaven. We love you
Saylah and we will miss you... until we meet again. 94349
Published in the Victoria Times-Colonist on 6/5/2005.
Guest Book

Boland, Bruce Sinclair
BOLAND, Bruce Sinclair Beloved son and brother left us suddenly on May 29,
2005 in Parksville, B.C. Born in Dauphin, Manitoba on April 16, 1948, he was
raised and went to school in Victoria where he also served as a proud member
of the Army Cadet Corp. Bruce spent several years in Terrace, B.C and
returned to the island taking up residence in Parksville. Bruce leaves
behind five children; sons Michael, Alan, Adam and daughters Rebecca and
Kaitlin. Predeceased by his father Harold. He will be sadly missed by his
family: mother Hazel; brothers Douglas and Gordon; sisters Carol Achurch
(Don) and Barbara Begley; numerous nieces, nephews, and cousins and his many
friends. He's with his Dad now. Cremation took place at Yates Funeral Home
in Parksville. Memorial service pending. 95849
Published in the Victoria Times-Colonist from 6/4/2005 - 6/5/2005.
Guest Book

Carr, William James
CARR, William James April 19, 1920 May 31, 2005 Died peacefully at home, on
his own terms and in his own time, superb intelligence, dignity and sense of
humour intact. He joined his beloved wife, Elsie, who predeceased him in
2001, on what would have been their 65th wedding anniversary, and his only
son, William James Carr, Jr., who died on February 29 of this year. He is
survived by his daughters, Diane, Patricia (Joseph R.) Kozsan, and Michelle;
daughter-inlaw, Denise; grandchildren, Ronald (Tomiko) Kozsan, Lisa Davies,
and Alan (Tracy) and James Carr; and great-grandchildren, Derek and Keith
Carr and Zoey and Drake Poulsen. He is also survived by his brother, Frank,
and sisters, Peggy O'Sullivan, Dorothy Crover, Eileen Ramsay and Betty
Mueller and a multitude of adoring nieces and nephews and their children.
Born in Preston, Lancs, England, Bill grew up in Richmond Hill, Ontario.
Enlisting in the Canadian Army on the day that war was declared in 1939, he
served overseas with the Canadian Infantry Corps. He returned to Canada for
officer's training in 1943, followed immediately by his warbride wife and
two infant daughters, and was eventually posted to Terrace, B.C. as a
Lieutenant attached to the 1st Battalion of the Prince Albert Volunteers. He
finished the War on the west coast of Vancouver Island, where he continued
to live in Port Alberni for a number of years. Bill exemplified the
philosophy of community service he embraced his entire life, applying his
considerable leadership skills to causes near and dear to his big heart,
whether it was in politics, church life, or community advocacy, both at home
and in developing countries. In the 1960s, his experience in the early
credit union movement in B.C. took him to Peru where he founded a number of
successful small and large community-based lending organizations and served
on the country's National Board of Cooperatives. One of them, still in
existence, boasts over 70,000 members. In their "retirement" years, Bill and
Elsie continued to work with the young and the poor in Sinaloa, Mexico.
Thanks to Dr. Burns Morrison for 40 years of care, Dr. D. Cuthbert, and the
MAP nurses at Royal Jubilee. Special thanks to Lean on Me Health Care
Services, the Community Health Nurses, the Palliative Response Team of
Victoria Hospice, and the management, staff and residents of the Victorian
on Feltham, all of whom assisted our father to maintain his conscious and
humorous approach to his own illness and death. Funeral Mass will take place
at Sacred Heart Catholic Church, 4040 Nelthorpe, Victoria on Wednesday, June
8 at 11 a.m. In lieu of flowers, please make a donation to Victoria Hospice,
1952 Bay Street, Victoria, B.C., V8R 1J8. 95038
Published in the Victoria Times-Colonist from 6/3/2005 - 6/5/2005.
Guest Book

Dickson, Rita
DICKSON, Rita Rita Dickson, cherished mother, grandmother, and
great-grandmother, passed away in Calgary on June 3, 2005, at the age of 97
years. She was predeceased by husband Herb in 1971 and sister Eileen in
2003. Rita will be missed by her children Peggy Whitley of Summerland, B.C.,
Bill (Karen) Dickson of Calgary, and Betty (Bill) McNamee also of Calgary,
by grandchildren Cat and Rick of Penticton, B.C., John of Vancouver, Sandy,
Gordon, Jim, Cathy, Maureen and Jennifer all of Calgary and by ten
great-grandchildren. Rita enjoyed a long life, living mostly in Calgary and
in Victoria, B.C.. She will be remembered as a good friend to many, a lover
of the outdoors, a schoolteacher and volunteer reader in Calgary, and member
of the University Women's Club, the Alpine Club of Canada, Retired Teachers
Association, and the Second Sixties. The family wishes to thank the staff at
Bow View Manor for their dedicated and affectionate care. A private family
service will be held Thursday, June 9, 2005 at 3:00 p.m. In lieu of flowers,
donations may be made to The Brenda Strafford Foundation. Arrangements
entrusted to PIERSON'S FUNERAL SERVICE LTD. Calgary, Alberta. Telephone
(403) 235-3602. 96180
Published in the Victoria Times-Colonist on 6/5/2005.
Guest Book . Funeral home info

Earl, Lilian Ada
EARL, Lilian Ada (nee Taylor) It is with sadness that we announce the
passing of longtime Victoria resident, Ada, on Saturday, May 28, 2005 at
Aberdeen Extended Care Hospital. Predeceased by her first husband, Harold
Barber in 1948 and her second husband, Arnold Earl in 1989; she leaves her
daughter, Patricia MacLeod; son, Harry Barber and their families and sister,
Anne Campbell. In keeping with her wishes, there will be no service. "Rest
in peace Mum. You will be missed." 92912
Published in the Victoria Times-Colonist from 6/3/2005 - 6/5/2005.
Guest Book

Huston, Ann
HUSTON, Ann With great sadness Ann passed away May 3, 2005. Born Nov. 12,
1905 leaving to mourn son Gordon, wife Becky, grandsons, Lorne, Grant
(Lorrie), Brian (Diane), great grandchildren Dustin, Dan, Dave, Kassandra
and Carley. Predeceased by husband Percy in 1974 Annie was boss, but a
loving mother and a great sense of humour. After living in Victoria for 85
years she spent the last 15 years in Williams Lake. A Celebration of Life
tea was held on May 20, 2005. Thanks to Dr. Rees. 93913
Published in the Victoria Times-Colonist from 6/4/2005 - 6/5/2005.
Guest Book

Jordan, Jacqueline Mae (Jackie)
JORDAN, Jacqueline (Jackie) Mae Jackie was born in Trail, BC on September
27, 1952 and passed away suddenly in Victoria on June 2, 2005. She is
predeceased by her loving husband Wayne and by parents Marie and William La
Hue. She will be lovingly remembered by her three children Tracey, Kim
(Daryl) and Mark, grandchildren Kaleb and Ella, four sisters and two
brothers, nieces and nephews and many others who loved her dearly. Jackie
was a loving friend and mother to all who knew her. Her family and friends
were her life. She was always compassionate and giving to everyone. Jackie's
strength and positive approach to life will continue to inspire us. Memorial
service will take place at 1:00 pm Monday, June 6, 2005 at the North Saanich
Fire Hall, 986 Wain Rd. In lieu of flowers donations can be made to the
Children's Hospital. 96147
Published in the Victoria Times-Colonist from 6/5/2005 - 6/6/2005.
Guest Book

Rips, Marshall Tiny (Memoriam)
RIPS, MARSHALL "TINY " 6/14/20 6/05/04 No "Partytime " without you My
Darling Your family and friends miss you so much. Know your Gigs are
Heavenly Tanks for the memories and ALL THAT JAZZ Love "Mom " May 94956