CAN-BC-OBITS-L Archives

Archiver > CAN-BC-OBITS > 2006-02 > 1139985787

From: Dennice Goudie <>
Subject: Victoria Times-Colonist; February 13, 2006
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 22:44:03 -0800

Victoria Times-Colonist Monday, February 13, 2006 canada.com
(5 total results)

ENGNES, Doris June 21, 1921 February 7, 2006 Passed away peacefully on
February 7, 2006 in Victoria, BC. Predeceased by husband, John Engnes.
Survived by daughters Barb and Gail; numerous grandchildren and great
grandchildren and one great great grandson. Memorial Service will be held at
Sands Funeral Chapel, 1803 Quadra Street, Victoria, BC on Saturday, February
18, 2006 at 1:00 pm followed by a reception in the Arbor Reception Centre.
204441
Published in the Victoria Times-Colonist on 2/13/2006.

(Memoriam)
GORDON, Shirley Feb 12, 1925 Feb 13, 2002 In loving memory of The happy days
when We were together. With our aching hearts We whisper low, We love you
and miss you so. As always, your loving family. 204070
Published in the Victoria Times-Colonist on 2/13/2006.

MEADS, Evelyn Mary (1917-2006) It is with great sadness that we announce the
passing of our beloved mother Evelyn Mary on February 10, 2006. Born in
Victoria on July 3, 1917, she was predeceased by her husband Edwin and her
father Edward Anthony Locke; mother Jessie; infant sister Yone and brother
Tony. She leaves behind her two sons Ellis (Marion), Michael (Resa), and her
five grandchildren, her two great grandchildren and many other relatives and
friends. She was a devoted wife, mother, grandmother, greatgrandmother and a
great inspiration to all of us. Her thoughtfulness, generosity and warm
smile will be missed by all lives she touched. She was a very special,
beautiful lady. She will be sadly missed and in our thoughts daily. It is
our mother's wish to have her ashes joined with her late husband. In lieu of
flowers, donations can be made in Evelyn's memory to a charity of your
choice. A memorial service will be held at St. Paul's Anglican Church in
Esquimalt at a later date. 206265
Published in the Victoria Times-Colonist from 2/12/2006 - 2/13/2006.

OSBORNE, Thomas Patrick Born on September 3, 1928 in London, England. Passed
away at Royal Jubilee Hospital on February 6, 2006. Tom is deeply missed by
his lovingly devoted wife Laura; his children Gary, Daniel and Louise;
grandchildren Bryan, Krista, Michelle, David, Matthew, Patrick and Angela:
and great grandchildren, Aura and Jade. Tom will also be missed by his
remaining sisters and brothers, Rose, Lillian, Victor, Robert, Ronald and
Brian and their families. At the age of 15, Tom was one of the youngest
sailors involved in the D-Day Normandy invasion. For the remainder of the
war, he served aboard various merchant marine vessels. After the war, he
settled in Vancouver with Laura and eventually moved to Victoria. He will be
remembered for his generosity and kindness. Tom contributed to the lives of
many people as the first Perfusionist at St. Paul's Hospital in Vancouver.
Our Dad was also a great idealist and pursued an art career until his last
days. Many thanks to the staff of the Royal Jubilee Hospital for their
excellent care. Prayers will be offered in McCall Bros. Floral Chapel,
Johnson and Vancouver Streets, Victoria, on Monday, February 13 at 6:30 p.m.
A Funeral Mass will be held on Tuesday, February 14, at 12:10 pm in St.
Patrick's Church, 2060 Haultain Street, Victoria, Father Peter Ho,
celebrant. In lieu of flowers, it is Tom's request to give donations to the
Queen Alexandra Foundation for Children, 2400 Arbutus Road, Victoria, B.C.
V8N 1V7, to aid those with Muscular Dystrophy. Condolences may be offered to
the family at www.mccallbros.com . 205900
Published in the Victoria Times-Colonist from 2/11/2006 - 2/13/2006.
Notice . Guest Book

ROOS, Charles "Bud " Late of Victoria, B.C., passed away on February 8th,
2006 at the age of 92 years. He leaves to cherish his memory, his loving
wife Eileen of 66 years; two sons, Charles and Paul Roos; 4 grandchildren
and 4 great grandchildren; as well as numerous other relatives and many dear
friends. Charles was a longtime member of the Trafalgar / ProPatria Legion
Branch # 292 and the Gordon Head Lions Club. Charles was an honoured War
Veteran of World War II and one of the first Canadians to land on the
beaches of Normandy. A memorial service will be held on Tuesday, February
14, 2006 at 2:00 p.m. at the Trafalgar / ProPatria Legion Branch #292, 411
Gorge Road East (enter off Dunedin) with a reception to follow. 206270
Published in the Victoria Times-Colonist from 2/12/2006 - 2/13/2006.

This thread: