CAN-BC-OBITS-L Archives

Archiver > CAN-BC-OBITS > 2008-04 > 1208377307

From: Dennice Goudie <>
Subject: [CAN-BC-OBITS] Vancouver Sun and/or The Province; April 15, 2008
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 13:21:47 -0700

Vancouver Sun and/or The Province; Tuesday, April 15, 2008
remembering.ca > Vancouver home

Obituaries and Guest Books for 4/15/2008
Page 1 of 1 (45 total results)

BARKER Agnes Brown April 24, 1915 - April 10, 2008 On Thursday April 10,
2008, our mother, mother-in-law, grandmother and great-grandmother passed
away peacefully at the Arbutus Care Centre in Vancouver. Survived by her son
Donald, daughter-in-law Judy, three grandchildren, Nancy, David and Anita
and five great-granchildren. Predeceased by her loving husband Howard in
1992. Born in St. Boniface, Manitoba in 1915, Agnes was raised in Edmonton,
Alberta. Married to her loving husband in 1941 at Yellowknife, N.W.T. They
spent their lives in the mining communities at Kimberley, Salmo, Port
McNeil, Trail and in Spain. In these communities Agnes contributed to both
cultural and church activities. They retired to Aldergrove, BC in 1979. In
lieu of flowers, donations can be made to the Heart and Stroke Foundation.
The family would like to thank close neighbours in Aldergrove, the Langley
Memorial Hospital and the staff at the Arbutus Care Centre. A memorial
service will be held at the Aldergrove United Church at 11:00 am on Friday
April 18, 2008.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 4/15/2008.

(Memoriam)
BECK Carl Verner In loving Memory of a dear father and grandfather who
passed away April 15th, 1985. There is a link death cannot sever. Love and
remembrance last forever. Lovingly remembered by daughter Darlene and
grandson Christopher. Please look after Brian.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 4/15/2008.

CAWSTON - Donald Born December 24, 1934 in Normanton, England and passed
away suddenly April 13, 2008 in Surrey, BC. Predeceased by his brother Keith
Warrender. He is survived by his loving wife Wanita; children Jessica
(Dennis), Don (Joyce) and Reg (Barbara); 10 grandchildren; 2
great-grandsons; Harold (June), Les (Alison), Patricia (Don) and Richard.
Don was a long-time member of the Royal Canadian Legion, Branch 15. A
Memorial Service will be held on Wednesday, April 16, 2008 at 11:00 a.m. at
Matsqui Lutheran Church, 5781 Riverside Street, Abbotsford. In lieu or
flowers, please make donations to a charity of your choice. Personal
Alternative Funeral Services 604-857 -5779
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 4/15/2008.

COOPER Louise Viola After a long, happy life filled with many adventures and
happy times our Mother, Grandmother, Aunt and friend Louise Viola Cooper
(nee Foley) passed away, in her 89th year, on 11, April 2008 at Royal
Columbian Hospital. Mom was predeceased by her beloved husband John (Jack)
K. Cooper in 1982, and by her loving siblings Shirley Parsons, Walter Foley,
Percy Foley, and Quintina (Sue) Munro. Mom is survived by son John (Suzanne)
and daughter Caroline (Carrie) Forsyth (Dave) and grandchildren Jocelyn,
Adrian, John, Ellie, Stephen and Amy. Mom is also survived by nephews Ken
Pearson, Dave Foley, and niece Lynda Morris, and their families. Born in a
farmhouse in Murrayville (now Langley), Mom grew up on Old Yale Road
(formerly known as South Westminster). Her father, Morton Foley, was a
railroad man and Mom spent happy times riding the rails in her youth to
summer getaways in the Okanagan, Fraser Valley, and White Rock beach. Before
the Pattullo Bridge was built across the Fraser River, Mom walked to work in
New Westminster across the railroad bridge. Swept away by the charm of our
Indian motorcycle-riding father, Mom was married in Winnipeg while Dad was
stationed there in the Air Force during WW2. After the war, Mom and Dad
settled in New Westminster where Mom dedicated herself to home life while
Dad became a prominent businessman. With her husband and later her children,
and close friends, Mom enjoyed years of outdoor adventures and travels that
few women of her generation ever experienced. Mom also entered the business
world in the 1970s, and continued to manage business enterprises until her
death. A stroke in 1991 robbed her of many physical abilities but she
remained mentally strong and carried on at home until a few days before the
end. Mom was an angel, always concerned about everyone but herself, spent
her life devoted to family and doing good deeds, and never once spoke a
strong word. Family and friends will truly miss one of the great women of
our time, but she will remain in our hearts forever. Funeral service will be
held at 11:30 AM, Saturday, 19 April 2008 at Hillside Community Church, 1393
Austin Avenue, Coquitlam, BC, followed by a gathering at the church, and
then burial at Forest Lawn Cemetery beside her husband. At Mom's request, an
open casket viewing will occur at 7-8 PM, Thursday, 17 April 2008 at
Columbia-Bowell Funeral Chapel, 219-6th St., New Westminster, BC. In lieu of
flowers donations to the Heart and Stroke Fund are appreciated.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province from 4/15/2008 -
4/16/2008.

DAVIDSON Catherine (Nan) August 19, 1922 - April 10, 2008 It is with great
sadness that we announce the death of our loving mother, grandmother, and
friend. She is predeceased by her husband Fred, and survived by her sons
Charles, Edward, Morris and their families. She will be dearly missed by
friends and families all over the U.K. and Canada. Nan was a proud and
active member of her community, church, the Coquitlam curling club and the
Red Hat Society. she was honoured to have an annual curling bonspiel in her
name. In younger years she volunteered at the Lakeshore Care Center where
she went to live last year. She will be remembered as a woman who loved to
laugh and whose smile could light up a room. "In tears we saw you sinking We
watched you fade away Our hearts were almost broken you fought so hard to
stay But when we saw you sleeping So peacefully free from pain We could not
wish you back to suffer that again" Memorial service and reception to be
held at St. Laurence Anglican Church, 825 St Laurence Street, Coquitlam on
Friday, April 25 at 2pm for all who wish to attend.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province from 4/15/2008 -
4/16/2008.

VIVEIROS - LEONARDO DE Born in Santa Cruz, Lagoa, San Miguel on August 12,
1928, passed away unexpectedly on April 7, 2008 in Vancouver, BC at the age
of 79. Predeceased by his brother Joao, brothers-in-law Jose Candido Tavares
and Florimundo da Rocha. He will be sadly missed by his wife Maria da
Conceicao, his son Angelo and his daughter Eva (Gordon Nienhuis), his
sisters Maria dos Anjos Tavares, Merces (Jaime Maria Pereira) Valdemira da
Rocha, Evangelina de Viveiros, Maria Luisa de Viveiros, brother Manuel de
Viveiros (Noelia) and extended family and friends. He was an avid gardener,
a hard worker and respected friend. Prayers will be said 7:30 pm Thursday
April 17, 2008 at Our Lady of Fatima Parish, 1423 E. 13th Ave., Vancouver,
BC. where Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated 10:00 am Friday April
18, 2008, Rev Antonio Deangelis celebrant. Interment to follow at Forest
Lawn Memorial Park. Oliveira Funeral Home 604-942-7920
www.oliveirafuneralhome.com
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 4/15/2008.

ELLER Ralph Morris It is with great sadness the family announces Ralph's
passing on April 13, 2008, after his battle with cancer, at the age of 74
years. He will be remembered by his loving wife of 56 years, Jolane, their
children Linda (Ron), and Debbie (Rick). Ralph will also be fondly
remembered by his three grandchildren, Reese, Ashley and Brittney as well as
his extended family and many friends. Funeral services will be held on
Wednesday April 16, 2008 at 2:30 pm. at the Arbor Centre, Valley View
Funeral Home, 14660 - 72 Avenue, Surrey, B.C. Donations in Ralph's memory
can be made to the Christine Morrison Hospice, 7324 Hurde Street, Mission,
B.C. V2V 3H5
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 4/15/2008.

In Loving Memory of Rita Therese Erickson December 19, 1926 - April 8, 2008
Rita Erickson (formerly Morrison, nee Munroe) passed away in Dr. Helmcken
Memorial Hospital, Clearwater, BC, on April 8, 2008. She was 81 years of
age. Born in Vancouver, BC, Rita came to the North Thompson Valley twelve
years ago; living in Birch Island with her family was the happiest time of
her life. Rita is survived by her two daughters, Lea (Brian) Smith of
Clearwater, BC, and Michelle (Terrance) Langwood of Birch Island, BC;
grandchildren Jeff (Marnie), Michael (Sindy), Ryan (Samantha), Ashley
(Cory), Lindsey (Kyle) and Trevor (Mel); great-grandchildren Alex-Zandra,
Charlotte, Ethan and Gavin; and many friends, including her close friends,
Fran and Corinne. Rita asked little but gave much, especially THANKS for her
blessings. Her cup was always half full, or "overflowing", in spite of
difficulties. Her blessings were her family, and her "family of friends",
including our dedicated health care staff. She loved her dogs, a good joke,
and a game of scrabble. We'll miss you, Rita. Private family arrangements
have been made. Following cremation, Rita's ashes will be interred at Birch
Island Cemetery, Birch Island, BC. Funeral arrangements entrusted to North
Thompson Funeral Services, Clearwater, BC, 1-877-674-3030.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 4/15/2008.

EYJOLFSON Winnifred G. December 25, 1913 - April 9, 2008 passed away
quietly. Leaves behind Norma (Larry) Dalke of Kamloops, Bryan (Bev)
Eyjolfson of Kelowna, Gail (Vern) Benedictson of Penticton and families.
Celebration of Life to be held at the Penticton Convention Center on
Thursday, April 17, 2008 at 12:00 noon. Memorial donations appreciated to
Canadian Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Parkinson's Foundation or the CNIB.
Condolences may be expressed at www.schoenings.com
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 4/15/2008.

(Memoriam)
FASANELLO Ezio June 10, 1922 - April 15, 2005 No more Pull Tabs, Slots &
Beer, 3 years has passed - since you said, "Pleeez Don't Let Me Die in
Mexico" And He Did - Why? A "Flight For Life" is all He Asked We will never
understand ... No Closure! At least now you are with Pearl The Love of Your
Life! We miss you - Love your family Vicci, Bob, Garrett, Andrea
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 4/15/2008.

(Memoriam)
In Loving Memory EZIO FASANELLO Passed away April 15, 2005 Three years have
passed my darling and I just want to say, God gave me a gift I'll never
forget. That was the day when we first met. Although your smile has gone
forever and your hand I can not touch. But I have so many memories because I
love you so much. Yes our memories are my keepsake and they will never part
as God has you in his keeping and I have you deep within my heart. Always
remembered, deeply loved and truly missed. - Your Sweetheart Marlene
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 4/15/2008.

FORSETH -Thoralf (Thor) June 28, 1915 - April 10, 2008 Thor Forseth of
Calgary passed away peacefully at Bow Crest Care Centre on Thursday, April
10, 2008 at the age of 92 years. Thor was born on the family farm near
Sexsmith. His love for the north led him to grain buying in Hines Creek and
Sexsmith and an I.H. dealership in Peace River. Moving to Calgary in 1967,
Thor established a real estate career. In all locations he served in many
organizations and committees. Thor leaves to mourn, his daughter Melba Jean
(Ron) Verkland and son Gerald; grandchildren, Debbie Ashton and Brent
(Marla) Verkland; great-grandchildren Amber, Courtney, Shane and Thomas;
sisters, Amy Sawatsky of Ladner, BC and Elizabeth Larson of Edmonton. He was
predeceased by his wife Ruth in April 2004 and his brothers Bert, Keith,
Marvin and sisters, Edna Benterud, Lillian Liland and Castella Remple.
Funeral Services will be held at McINNIS & HOLLOWAY'S Chapel of the Bells
(2720 Centre Street North) on Friday, May 9, 2008 at 1:00 p.m. If friends so
desire, memorial tributes may be made directly to the Alzheimer Society of
Calgary, #201, 222 - 58 Avenue S.W., Calgary, AB T2H 2S3 Telephone: (403)
290-0110 or to a charity of the donor's choice. Forward condolences through
www.mcinnisandholloway.com
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 4/15/2008.

FORSHAW George Albert (1925 - 2008) Of Osoyoos passed away peacefully on
Sunday, April 13th at the Sagebrush Lodge in Osoyoos at the age of 82 years.
George will be dearly remembered by his loving family including wife
Lilabet; children Teresa (Cathana), George Jr. (Gail), Corinne (Tom), Donna
(Tony), Sharon (Steve), Gail (Nick), Brad (Lucia), Scott (Deanna) and
Lorianne (Brian); grandchildren Todd (Rebecca), Tyler, Blair, Reilly, Shane,
Mitchell, Elizabeth, Zachary, Jenna, Naomi, Julianna, Michael and Maggie, as
well as great-grandchildren Ava and Angus. George grew up in Burnaby as the
oldest of seven children. He served in the Royal Canadian Air Force and the
Royal Canadian Army. George greatly enjoyed raising his family in Burnaby.
He volunteered his time as a Boy Scout leader and was also a member of the
Vancouver Golf Club. He spent the vast majority of his working career at
Dominion Bridge Steel Service Centre where he worked for forty three years.
He also worked at Canron for three years before retiring in 1990. George
relocated to Osoyoos in 1997 and has made his home there since. He was a
faithful member of the Osoyoos Baptist Church, a loving husband, dad,
grandpa and friend and will always be remembered by all for his warm, loving
nature and calm disposition. A memorial service will be held at 10:30 a.m.
on Saturday,April 19th at the Osoyoos Baptist Church, 8506 - 92nd Ave. with
Pastor Phil Johnson officiating. A tea will follow the service. Donations
are gratefully accepted to Sagebrush Lodge, 4816 - 89th Street, Osoyoos, BC
V0H 1V0. Arrangements entrusted to Graham Funeral Home, Osoyoos & Oliver,
(250) 498-3833.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 4/15/2008.

FRASER- Gail Louise Gail Fraser born on March 23, 1942 in Moose Jaw
Sask, lost her battle with cancer on April 5, 2008 at the age of 66.
Predeceased by her father Stanley Knight, mother Muriel Knight and brother
Bill Knight. She is survived by her Husband Earle, Brother Jack Knight
(Penny), Daughters Deb Burgess, Carmen Fraser-Johnston (Joel), Son Chris
Fraser (Sheri) and Grandchildren Isabella and Nathan Johnson. Gail was an
active member of the order of the Eastern Star, serving as a Worthy Matron
of Richmond and Coquitlam Chapters. Gail served a term as a Grand Marshal,
and was currently in her seventh term as Director of Cancer Activities for
the Eastern Star. Gail was truly the Family Historian, never forgetting an
important Family Date and enjoyed hosting the many family gatherings in her
home adorned with Angels. The family wishes to express our gratitude to Dr.
Bourke in White Rock and his office staff for their care and devotion to
Gail and the nurses who staff the Palliative Care Unit on the 6th floor of
Peace Arch Hospital, you all are a very special group and the Care and Love
you all provided was simply "BEYOND". A Celebration of Life Service for Gail
will be held on April 18th, 2008 at 11am at St. Dunstans Anglican Church,
located at 3025 - 264th St, Aldergrove BC. A private family interment will
be held at St. Martins Church at a later date. Donations can be made to the
BC Cancer Foundation, a cause served by Gail with the Eastern Star.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 4/15/2008.

GOLABEK Katarzyna Born April 4, 1919 in the Ukraine. Passed away peacefully
in her sleep April 9, 2008 at the age of 89. She was predeceased by her
husband Waclaw in 1974 and is survived by her son Vince (Debra). Katarzyna
was a loving wife, a caring mother and a generous friend to many. She will
be sadly missed. Thanks to the staff at Kopernik for their kind and
attentive care over the past several years. The Mass of Christian Burial
will be held at St. Casimir's Church, 1187 E. 27th Ave. on Wednesday, April
16th at 11:00 am. Interment will follow at Mountain View Cemetery.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 4/15/2008.

GRAY - Michael (Mike) Scott February 24, 1969 - April 8, 2008 Michael
(Mike) Scott Gray, passed away suddenly due to a medical condition, on April
8, 2008 while in the line of duty as a BC Ambulance Service Paramedic in
Vancouver, B.C. Born February 24, 1969 in Quesnel, B.C. Mike is predeceased
by his mother Mary, his grandparents, William and Katherine Gray and Henry
and Christina Ewan. He is survived by his father Simon; sister Nadine;
step-mother Barbara; step-sister Leanne and step-brother Kevin. Mike will
also be missed by his extended Paramedic family from across the province.
Mike was raised in Fraser Lake, B.C. where his love for the outdoors,
motorcycles and amateur radio began. As a teenager he was diagnosed with a
rare genetic kidney disease and underwent dialysis for several years until a
successful kidney transplant in 1993. The donor was a vibrant young girl,
Martha Bryan of Victoria and her family holds a special place in our hearts.
The transplant enabled Mike to begin his adult life and his work as a
paramedic for the BC Ambulance Service. Mike's work as a paramedic was his
greatest pleasure. Mike joined the ambulance service in 1997 in Fraser Lake,
he later transferred to Dawson Creek, Chilliwack, Central Saanich and Hope
as well as several stations in the Lower Mainland. Mike truly loved working
for BC Ambulance Service, Life Flight, and Cromedica Prime Research. The
friendships he developed in the service meant a great deal to him. In the
short time he was with us, he lived his life to the fullest. The family
wishes to extend their gratitude to his Paramedic partner, the Ambulance
crews, Vancouver Police, Vancouver Fire Rescue, and the VGH Emergency staff
who responded to the call. A memorial service and honours procession is
planned at the Chilliwack Prospera Place on Tuesday April 15th at 3:00pm. In
lieu of flowers donations can be made to the Easter Seal House, The
Transplant Society of BC or the CKNW Orphan's Fund.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 4/15/2008.

(Memoriam)
Douglas Harmon Passed away April 14, 1988 - April 14, 2008 Life is not the
same without you. Forever loved and deeply missed. -Loving wife Grace and
children
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 4/15/2008.

HENRICKSEN Karen Helga Margrethe December 16, 1906 - April 10, 2008 Amazing
101 years of life for grandma who will be resting peacefully at her place
beside grandpa. " You spoiled us for years, You smiled away the tears, More
precious than any toy, You gave us love and joy. " Sadly missed by your
caring daughter Ann; 7 grandchildren; 13 great-grandchildren; 2
great-great-grandchildren; and daughter-in-law Tena. Predeceased by her son
Paul, husband Karl, brothers, sisters and parents. Loving memories by
nieces, nephews, family and friends. Thank you to the staff at Newton
Regency for their care and support.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 4/15/2008.

HOLLANDER Susan Magdolna July 8, 1920 - April 12, 2008 It is with profound
sadness and heavy hearts that we announce the passing of our beloved and
dear mother and grandmother, Susan Hollander. Mom passed away peacefully and
with her children by her side and now will join her loving husband Edmond
who predeceased her in August of 1977. Mom was a courageous, graceful and
compassionate woman who dedicated her entire life to her children and
grandchildren. Her greatest joys in life came from being that mother and
gramma. Mom will be lovingly remembered and never, ever be forgotten by her
children; Tom (Joanne), Marianne (Jim), Peter (Victoria), Kathy (Gary),
Johnny (Debbie) and many, many grandchildren. The family would like to thank
all the care aids that have helped Mom over the last few years and
especially Christina! We would like to thank Dr. Michael Goldberger and the
entire Burnaby General Hospital for their care and the wonderful and
thoughtful care of St. Michaels Centre. As requested a private service will
be held and the families only wish is that you remember Mom by giving your
parents a big hug and a kiss and tell them that you love them forever and
always.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province from 4/15/2008 -
4/16/2008.

IRVINE D. Caroline (Carol)Born in Viking, Alberta on December 24, 1932,
passed away on April 10, 2008 after a long, courageous battle with cancer.
Carol, beloved wife, mother, grandmother will be deeply missed by her
daughter Valerie Dow (Chris), son John (Jody); grandchildren, Sheri, Shauna
and Melissa Irvine and Darren and Amanda Dow; brothers, Louis (Edie) Petras
and Joe (Pharis) Petras; sisters, Jessie (Mike) Jacobs, Mary (Len) Aronsson,
Agnes (Jerome) Beuerlein; sister-in-law Dr. Marjorie Irvine (Dr. Madan
Singh) and numerous nieces and nephews. Predeceased by her loving husband
Jack Irvine, granddaughter Lisa Marie Irvine, parents Louis and Marie
Petras, sister Lil (Pug) Young. Carol will be sadly missed by her many
relatives and good friends. Funeral service to be held in the chapel of
Richmond Funeral Home, 8420 Cambie Road, Richmond on Saturday, April 19th at
11:00 a.m. A visitation will take place prior to service at 10:30. Interment
at Masonic Cemetery, Burnaby to follow at 2:00 p.m. Donations may be made to
The Richmond Salvation Army, Rotary, Hospice House or hospice of your
choice. The family would like to thank all those at the hospice for their
loving, compassionate care.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province from 4/15/2008 -
4/16/2008.

JACKSON Alec Harold March 7, 1916 - April 5, 2008 Alec Jackson, beloved
husband, father, grandfather, friend, community leader and business man
passed away on Saturday, April 5, 2008 at the age of 92 years. Alec was born
and educated in Winnipeg, Manitoba. He served in the Winnipeg Light Infantry
between 1942 and 1945. Following his military service, Alec moved to
Vancouver where he started a wholesale business known as Jackson Agencies.
Alec's life was committed to family, friends and the Jewish community.
Alec's record of community service in Vancouver and internationally has
become almost legendary. He enthusiastically took on leadership roles as
President of Schara Tzedeck Synagogue, President of the Jewish Community
Centre, International VP of B'nai B'rith, President, Jewish Community Fund
and Council, Chairman United Jewish Appeal, and President of Pacific Region,
Canadian Zionist Federation. He was also an Executive Board member of the
Canadian Jewish Congress and the Canadian Council of Christians and Jews.
His legacy lives on in the strength of his family, friends and the Vancouver
Jewish Community. Alec is survived by his daughter Marla Groberman, sons
Mark and Lanny Jackson, sister Sylvia Friedman, son-in-law Harold Groberman,
daughters-in-law Carolyn Armstrong and Annette Jackson, grandsons Jory and
Micah Groberman and Nolan and Tim Jackson and the second love of his life
and partner Norma Bass. Alec was predeceased by his loving wife Ethel and
brothers David and Solly Jackson. Alec led a full and productive life
working daily in his business with his son Lanny up until the age of 91. He
celebrated life with family and close friends known as "The Gang" on every
possible occasion, and will be deeply missed by all who knew him. Donations
to a community charity of the donor's choice would be appreciated.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 4/15/2008.

KERPAN Joseph (Curly) Clarence October 11, 1921 - April 12, 2008 It is with
great sorrow that the family of Joseph (Curly) announces his passing on
April 12, 2008. He left us peacefully at home with his wife of 62 years by
his side. He leaves to mourn his wife Treva, son Roy (Deb), daughter Tracey
(Jim), daughter Cheryl, son Warren (Nicole). Also cherished grandchildren,
Brandi, Brittany, Shelby, Justin, Jake, Jessica, Jayme, Shawn, Sydney,
Dakota. Family and friends are invited to a celebration of his life
Saturday, April 19, 2008 at 26643 - 30th Avenue, Aldergrove, B.C. In lieu of
flowers, donations may be made to the Terry Fox Foundation.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 4/15/2008.

LAM Robert Wah Kit Robert peacefully passed away after a lengthy illness on
April 12, 2008. He is survived by his loving wife, May-Yi; and his
daughters, Alanah and Jenessa. He will be missed by his family, relatives
and friends. A Service will be held on Wednesday, April 16th, 2008 at 2:00
p.m. at Forest Lawn Funeral Home, 3789 Royal Oak Avenue, Burnaby, B.C.,
604-299-7720
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 4/15/2008.

LANZ Helen Cecilia (nee Forestell) April 11, 1924 ~ April 12, 2008 Passed
away peacefully at the age of 84. Predeceased by her loving husband Walter
in 2000. She will be greatly missed by her son John, daughter Rose (Brian),
grandchildren Sheena and Jonathan, brother Jim (Rita) and many nieces,
nephews and friends. "Momma Lanz" will be remembered for her loving nature
and wonderful sense of humour. Memorial service will be held at Forest Lawn
Funeral Chapel (3789 Royal Oak Ave, Burnaby) on Friday April 18th at 2:00pm.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Helen's memory to Canuck Place.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province from 4/15/2008 -
4/16/2008.

LAWRENCE James (Jim) With great sadness we announce the passing of Jim
Lawrence, beloved son, husband, father, grandfather, great-grandfather and
friend. Predeceased by mother, Mary and step-mother Ann. Survived by Leona,
wife of 50 years; daughters Ann (Don), Lori; sons; Alex (Nadine), Jay (Pam);
grandchildren Tricia (Toby), Alicia, Carley, Curtis, Spencer; great-grandson
Justin; father Alex Lawrence; sister June (Colin); niece Alexis; nephew Roy;
and extended family Marilyn (Kevin) and the Gabriels. Jim was born on
September 20, 1934 in Clydebank, Scotland - a heritage of which he was
always proud. As a child he survived World War II and the bombing along the
Clyde. He served an Apprenticeship at Singers and received his journeymans
papers. Excused from the National Services due to a mastiod infection, he
came to Canada in 1956 to spend some time with relatives. Here he met Leona
and they married on September 20, 1957. Together they raised a family and
made many good and close friends. Jim began working for the Corporation of
Delta in 1958 as a Building Dept. clerk. He was an avid sports fan and was a
co-founder of the Delta Juvenile Soccer Association and coached soccer from
1958 to 1974. When the family moved to Langley he coached the Fort Langley
Wildcats and served on the Langley Minor Hockey Executive as well. He was a
fan of the Hibs, Whitecaps and Canucks. He was also "The Music" for many
local dances, parties and weddings. Jim contracted Hepititus C from a blood
transfusion in 1988. Because of his failing health he retired from the
Corporation of Delta Engineering Dept., where he had worked for 32 years, in
1990. He and Leona moved to the Cariboo. He loved the natural beauty of his
home on the lake where he filled up his non-sports hours with woodworking as
long as he was able. When his health began to seriously fail, he and his
wife chose to "winter" closer to the hospital. He died on April 9, 2008 in
100 Mile House Hospital after a series of strokes and from the inevitable
effects of Hepititus C. The family sincerely thanks Dr. Blair Main and the
amazing nurses at 100 Mile Hospital for the tender care given Jim over the
years, especially in the last few weeks. Thank you to Gail for her special
care in his last few hours. No service at Jim's request. Should anyone
choose, donations in his memory to Hepititus C Research.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province from 4/15/2008 -
4/16/2008.

LEBEDOVICH Walter Born July 21, 1925, passed away peacefully April 11, 2008.
Survived by his loving wife Nellie along with his children Ed (Vickki),
Steve (Darlene) and Gale, five grandchildren and six great-grandchildren. A
memorial service will be held Wednesday, April 16 at 2:00 p.m. in the First
Memorial Burkeview Chapel, 1340 Dominion Avenue, Port Coquitlam, B.C.,
604-944-4128.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 4/15/2008.

(Memoriam)
LIND Wayne July 26, 1961 - April 16, 1997 As time goes on without you and
days turn into years, They hold a million memories and many silent tears.
You are not forgotten, nor will you ever be. Love forever Mom, Dad, Brian,
Candy, Gord and Brenda
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 4/15/2008.

(Memoriam)
MAGUIRE Michael Edward July 9, 1951 - April 15, 1998 Sunshine fades and
shadows fall But sweet remembrance outlasts all. -Your loving family
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 4/15/2008.

McDONALD - James Alexander January 26, 1933 - March 30, 2008 Born in Regina,
Saskatchewan - Passed away in Cowichan Regional Hospital. Predeceased by his
wife May in 2001. Survived by sister Donna Allen. Alex worked as a printer
for Pacific Press. An internment in the Memorial Garden at Kerrisdale
Presbyterian Church will take place Thursday April 17th at 2:00 p.m.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province from 4/15/2008 -
4/16/2008.

McLEAN - Dr. Patrick Michael, CCFP Passed away suddenly in Vancouver on
April 6, 2008. He is survived by his five children, Tracy, Trish, Michelle,
Michael and Dayna, two step-children, Mary and Scott, and his wife Judy. He
worked all over the world as a family physician, and this gentle, loving and
giving man will be missed by all whose lives he touched. In lieu of flowers,
please make donations to the Vancouver Children's Hospital.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 4/15/2008.

McMURRAY - Margaret Helen Born February 13, 1922, passed away April 13, 2008
at Peace Arch Hospital in White Rock, B.C., after a brave struggle with
cancer. Margaret enjoyed bingo with her friends at Star Of The Sea. She will
be greatly missed and loved by all who knew her. She leaves her loving son
Bernie McMurray as well as her nieces and nephews. At Margaret's request her
remains will be cremated and no formal service is planned. For those
desiring, donations made in Margaret's memory to the B.C. Cancer Foundation
would be most appreciated.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 4/15/2008.

NAHANEE (nee Charles) Rosaline `Rose' Vernita Born May 7, 1934 in
Marysville, Washington, USA. It is with great sadness we announce the
passing of `Rose' on April 11, 2008 in North Vancouver, BC. Rose will be
deeply missed by her sons Walter `Tinker'(Barb), Daniel `Danny', Jerome k
and Paris (Isca); and her daughter Katherine Fraser (Mike); and special
daughter Monique Morgan (Brad). She is also survived by her grandchildren
Evangeline, Martina (Monty), and Sonja (Alex), Blake (Deds), and Kerry
Nahanee; and special grandchildren Casey, Jacob, Mikiala and Kurtis. Rose is
also survived by her siblings Arlene `Tina' Brown (Patrick), Dolores Sam,
Tessie Ned (Larry), Gilda Kelly (Norm), Diane Brown, Willard Brown (Sandra)
and Jerry Brown (Joan). A prayer service will be held at Chief Joe Mathias
Centre, 100 Capilano Road, North Vancouver, BC on Tuesday, April 15, 2008 at
7:30 pm and a funeral service at 9:30 am on Wednesday, April 16, 2008.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 4/15/2008.

(Memoriam)
IN MEMORY OF YOLANDE NEALE Memory keeps you ever near us Though you died two
years ago My lips cannot tell how I miss her, My heart cannot tell what to
say; God alone knows how I miss her In a home that is lonesome today. Mother
and Family
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 4/15/2008.

(Memoriam)
In Loving Memory Yolande Neale July 23, 1347 - April 15, 2006 "Gone but not
forgotten, although we are apart, your spirit lives within us, forever in
our hearts & memories." -Your Loving Family
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 4/15/2008.

NORMAN Mary Olive (September 25, 1911 - April 12, 2008) Olive was born to
Mr. and Mrs. John Loney, a pioneer family of South Surrey, BC. She grew up
in the Mud Bay area and attended Elgin School. Olive won the General
Proficiency Award and graduated from the Royal Columbian Hospital in 1934.
She married Leonard Norman in 1935. As well as raising two children, she
used her many skills to volunteer in the community. Olive was a helpmate in
running several farms in the Fraser Valley. She lived her life with grace
and love by caring for those in need - family, friends, and strangers alike.
Her presence will be sorely missed by her loving family; son John (Ellen),
and daughter Mary, as well as five grandchildren, nine great-grandchildren,
two nieces and close friends. Funeral Services will be held at St. David's
Anglican Church, 1115 - 51A Street, Tsawwassen, BC at 11:00 a.m. on April
18, 2008, followed by a reception and interment. Remembrances may be made in
Olive's name to the Delta Hospice Society Building Fund. Delta Funeral Home
604-946-6040
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 4/15/2008.

OSBURN Muriel Sinclair It is with sadness that we announce the passing of
Muriel Osburn (nee Sinclair) on April 12th, 2008 at the age of 92 years.
Muriel Jarvis Sinclair was born in Toronto on April 3rd, 1916. She attended
Branksome Hall in Toronto, and spent her summers in Algonquin Park at Camp
Tanamakoon. Muriel had always wanted to be a nurse and upon graduation she
enrolled in the nursing program at the Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto
and graduated with honours. In 1943 Muriel enlisted with the Canadian Army
as a Nursing Sister with the Royal Canadian Army Medical Corps. She was
posted oversees at the No 24 Canadian General Hospital in Surrey, England.
One of her patients was Major Fred Tilson who lost both legs in action and
he requested Muriel accompany him in his wheelchair to Buckingham Palace
when King George V awarded him the Victoria Cross. In 1945, Muriel
volunteered to join the Canadian Army of Occupation in Germany as a nursing
sister and was stationed near Oldenburg. It was here that she met William
Osburn who was also serving with the Canadian Army. When discharged in 1946,
Bill and Muriel returned to Canada and were married in Toronto on June 14th,
1947. They settled in West Vancouver, BC and resided there for many years,
raising two children. Upon Bill's retirement in 1977, they moved to Salt
Spring Island, first residing on Sunset Drive and moving to Brinkworthy
Estates in 1990. For the past two years, Muriel has been a resident of Lady
Minto Hospital and the concern and support of the caring staff has been much
appreciated by the family. Muriel always enjoyed nursing and was on the
staff when Greenwoods Care Facility first opened. Upon her retirement, she
volunteered with the Thrift Shop and Seniors for Seniors and enjoyed
evenings with friends at the local Legion. Muriel was predeceased by her
husband of 57 years, Bill, in 2004. She will be held forever in the hearts
of daughter Jayne Lapointe (Raymond), son Peter Osburn and grandson Garth
Lapointe and her dear friend Wendy Smith. Muriel will sadly missed and
lovingly remembered by her sister Gwynneth (Ginty) Powell, of Toronto, ON
and brother Robert (Bob) Sinclair, of Mississauga, ON and their children and
families. A memorial tea service will be held on Friday, May 9th at 2:00
p.m. in the ECU Recreation Room of Lady Minto Hospital, 135 Crofton Road,
Salt Spring Island. Friends wishing to do so may make a donation in memory
of Muriel to the BC SPCA Salt Spring Island Branch (PO Box 522, Salt Spring
Island, BC V8K 2W2) or The Royal Canadian Legion Branch 92 (120 Blain Road,
Salt Spring Island, BC V8K 2P7).
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 4/15/2008.

PAUL Hans (John)Passed away peacefully at Menno Hospital Thursday April
10th, 2008, at the age of 81. His beloved wife Gerda preceded him in
December of 2006. He is lovingly remembered by his family: sons Reinhard
(Donna) and Martin (Arlene); grandchildren, Christina (Justin) Steven, Kathy
and Oliver Paul, great-grandson Matthew. John was born September 7, 1926 in
Dortmund, Germany. He emigrated with his wife and son Reinhard in 1954. They
settled in Vancouver and John worked as an electrician. John and Gerda
founded the Vancouver Catholic Kolping Society, an organization which helps
German Christian immigrants get established in their new homeland. In 1964
the family moved to Coquitlam where son Martin was born. John worked for
Dairyland until his retirement in 1983. John and Gerda retired to Abbotsford
and stayed very involved with the Kolping Society. Funeral Mass will be
celebrated at St. Ann's Catholic Church, 33333 Mayfair, Abbotsford, Thursday
April 17th at 11:00am. Wiebe & Jeske 604-857-0711
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 4/15/2008.

PIKE Brother Dominic William Died peacefully, after a courageous battle with
cancer, on Friday April 11, 2008 at Stedman Community Hospice in Brantford,
ON, at 67 years of age. Born August 31, 1940 on Woods Island, Nfld. Dominic
was a devoted Christian Brother for 50 years, a teacher for 30 years in
Newfoundland and western Canada, he ended his career as a Chaplain at John
Noble Home in Brantford. He spent his life serving others and has touched
many, many hearts along his journey. Survived by his siblings Bernard Pike
(Vera), Rita Eliassen, Alma O'Quinn (Seth), Yvonne MacDonald, Evangeline
Miles (John), Marion Biasutti (Giorgio), and by his sisters in law Flo Pike,
Winnie Pike. Will be missed by many nieces and nephews, and many close
friends. Predeceased by his siblings Mary Ellen Pike, Christopher Pike, Mark
Pike and Ronald Pike. A Funeral Mass will be offered in the Chapel of St
Joseph's Motherhouse, at 11 am, on Tuesday, April 15, 2008, followed by
interment at St. Augustine's Cemetery, Dundas, Ontario. A special thank you
to the Sisters of St. Joseph, Hamilton, and the dedicated staff and
volunteers at the Stedman Community Hospice in Brantford for all their care
and support. Dominic has been called home to God but will be forever
remembered in our hearts. www.pxdermodyfuneral.com .
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 4/15/2008.

REZANSOFF Mary Born on November 8, 1918 passed away March 29, 2008 in
Kelowna, BC. Mary led a good full life and loved her family, friends and
garden. She often spoke of her flowers and gardens she had in Queensborough.
Mary was predeceased by her husband Mike and leaves to remember her, her
children, Betty, Pat (Denis), Walter (Diana), David (Joan), Katie (John) and
Dyan (Loren). She also leaves 15 grandchildren, 19 great-grandchildren and 2
great-great-grandchildren. She'll be forever remembered by them all. No
service by request.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 4/15/2008.

Reidar August Sivertson Our loving and dear Daddy, Father-in-law,
Bestefar, Grandpa, Oldefar, and Great Grandpa born November 7th, 1910 in
Bitterstad, Norway passed away peacefully on April 7th, 2008 in North Delta,
B.C. He is survived by Diane and Yngve Hanisch, Christine, Eirik, Cecilie,
Cathinka and Cornelia (family in Norway); Robert and Julie Sivertson, Tammy,
Tristan, Kegan, Justin and Dannielle (family in Canada). Twilight and
evening bell, And after that the dark! And may there be no sadness of
farewell When I embark. (Tennyson) Funeral service in Trinity Lutheran
Church, North Delta, B.C. Wednesday, April 16th at 10:30 a.m. The family
invites everyone to a reception at the Church Hall immediately after
interment. In lieu of flowers a donation to the Salvation Army would be
humbly accepted. We Love you Dad
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 4/15/2008.

(Memoriam)
SLIPEC - LAURENCE (LARRY) MICHAEL March 20, 1944 - April 15, 2007. In loving
memory of a special Husband,cherished Father, Papa, and sincere Friend who
passed away one year ago. Loving and kind in all his ways, upright and just
to the end of his days, sincere and kind in heart and mind, what a beautiful
memory he left behind. I have lost my soul's companion, a life linked with
my own, and day by day I miss him more, as I walk through life alone. The
memories will always last; forever remembered, never forgotten. Your loving
wife Carol and Family.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 4/15/2008.

SPELAY Walter Passed away peacefully at Cottonwoods Kelowna on April 12,
2008 at the age of 77. Walter Valademier Spelay was born September 27, 1930
in Enderby BC. A Korean War veteran, and member of the merchant navy, Walter
spent time logging in the Salmon Arm area and had a long career with the
City of Burnaby in Parks & Recreation. Walter had a passion for gardening
and golf, and was at home in the outdoors. An amazing father and husband,
Walter was very proud of all his grandchildren. He will be greatly missed by
all who knew him. He is survived by his loving wife of 49 years, Marliene,
daughters Barb (Blair) and Linda (Chris), grandchildren Aaron, Katie,
Samantha, and Georgia. He had eleven brothers and sisters John (Myra), Mike,
Polly, Mary, Bill (Edna), Paul (Dorothy), Fred, Ed (Taina), Margaret (Les),
Kay (Jim), and Nell (Mike). A memorial service will be held on Wednesday
April 16 at 1 p.m. in the Chapel of Springfield Funeral Home, 2020
Springfield Road, Kelowna, B.C. Should family and friends so desire,
Memorial Donations may be made to Canadian Cancer Society or Canadian
Diabetes Association. Funeral Arrangements by Springfield Funeral Home,
250-860-7077. Condolences may be sent to the family by visiting
www.springfieldfuneralhome.com
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 4/15/2008.

VALLANCE Jacoba Johanna (Jacqueline) 1923 - 2008 Passed away to be in the
presence of her Lord on April 11, 2008. Predeceased by her husband Kelcey,
daughter-in-law Sandra and son-in-law Gordon. Mom will be lovingly
remembered by her children, John, Joanne, George (Valerie), Ken, Ron and
Stephen; 10 grandchildren; 9 great-grandchildren and her dear friends Alice
and Tina. A Memorial Service will be held at First Christian Reformed Church
of Vancouver at 2670 Victoria Drive, Vancouver on Friday, April 18th at
10:30 a.m. Pastor Henry Numan and Pastor Trevor Vanderveen officiating.
Reception to follow.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province from 4/15/2008 -
4/16/2008.

WISE Frederick John Passed away quietly on March 24, 2008 at St Joseph
Hospital, Comox Valley amongst family and friends. Survived by his children
Victoria, Fred Jr, Pamela, Russ and Steve and grandchildren Gavin and
Garrett, Danelle, Justine and Jamie, Cole and Pierce and great-grandchild
Logan. A wake will be held in Fred's honour Friday, April 18th from 1:00 -
3:00 p.m. at "The Loft" 5640-188th St Cloverdale.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 4/15/2008.

WRIGHT Stephen Joseph (Steve) Passed away quietly in his sleep in the
presence of his loving wife Sonya (Soltys) Wright on Wednesday, April 9th,
2008. Survived by his children, Rob Wright (Jen), Jennifer Gillespie
(Neale), sister Muriel Wright and brothers Ted (Erica), Jeff (Nancy) and Tim
(Karen); also survived by Sonya's family; mother-in-law Jaroslawa Soltys;
sisters Martha Sturrock, Iris Stutt; brothers-in-law Gary Sturrock and Robin
Stutt; nephews Mark and Andrew Sturrock and Hunter Stutt; niece Lisa Stutt.
A visitation to be held for family and friends on Tuesday evening, April
15th at the Richmond Funeral Home, 8420 Cambie Road from 7:00 - 9:00 pm. A
Mass of Christian Burial to be held on Wednesday, April 16th, 2008 at 10:00
am at St. Mary's Ukrainian Church, 8700 Railway Avenue, Richmond. Reception
at the church residence following the mass.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 4/15/2008.

This thread: